By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Okay, I got an XB1! (Updated)

Should I get an XB1?

Yes 150 45.18%

No 142 42.77%

Only if more decent exclusives are confirmed. 40 12.05%

Total:332
AsGryffynn said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Even Twlight has a better story. Most would agree.

There is no story worse than Twilight... 

50 Shades of Gray is easily worse then Twilight.  But from what I know it wouldn't exist without Twilight.  Also I have no plans of ever reading or watching any of the Twilight or 50 Shades books/movies. 

Around the Network

A thread about Xbox One turns into The Order vs Halo 5... Good job vgc! :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Chris Hu said:
AsGryffynn said:

There is no story worse than Twilight... 

50 Shades of Gray is easily worse then Twilight.  But from what I know it wouldn't exist without Twilight.  Also I have no plans of ever reading or watching any of the Twilight or 50 Shades books/movies. 

I read the books before I saw the movies, and before the "still better story line than twillight" meme's where around.

Before it was & became hip to rag on twillight.

I just wanted to say that I actually enjoyed the books (theyre better than the movies).

If your into paranormal book series, its worth a read and maybe make up your own mind about it.

also its sold like 150m+ copies, how bad a book can it really be? (I actually think its a good book series).

CGI-Quality said:
MikeRox said:
A thread about Xbox One turns into The Order vs Halo 5... Good job vgc! :p

Now that you've gotten a One, are you enjoying it, for the most part?

Not had the thorough hands on time I'd hoped with it so far.

But initial impression are pretty positive. First thoughts are:

Damn that pad is amazing! Having used the ps4 pad for 2 years now I thought it was a very solid pad, better than the dual shock 3 and 360 pad so presumed there wouldn't be much MS could have improved on. But between the two of go with XB1 pad hands down.

OS seems a bit bland, but does the job. I'd say the installation times are my biggest gripe so far. Rare Replay was like 2 hours. Sunset Overdrive was nowhere near as bad, but still a noticibly long time, it does seem you need to plan when you want to play a new game rather than just yank off the shrink wrap and jump in.

Games themselves, Sunset Overdrive is the only native XB1 game I've played so far, but graphically certainly seems on par with the ps4 exclusives to me. I went in expecting a noticeable downgrade visually but it's not there.

Rare Replay, worth the console alone so far. Absolutely loving reliving childhood games and also trying some that passed by previously. Why every Xbox 1 owner doesn't have this game I dont know.

MikeRox said:
CGI-Quality said:

Damn that pad is amazing! Having used the ps4 pad for 2 years now I thought it was a very solid pad, better than the dual shock 3 and 360 pad so presumed there wouldn't be much MS could have improved on. But between the two of go with XB1 pad hands down.

OS seems a bit bland, but does the job. I'd say the installation times are my biggest gripe so far. Rare Replay was like 2 hours. Sunset Overdrive was nowhere near as bad, but still a noticibly long time, it does seem you need to plan when you want to play a new game rather than just yank off the shrink wrap and jump in.

Games themselves, Sunset Overdrive is the only native XB1 game I've played so far, but graphically certainly seems on par with the ps4 exclusives to me. I went in expecting a noticeable downgrade visually but it's not there.

Rare Replay, worth the console alone so far. Absolutely loving reliving childhood games and also trying some that passed by previously. Why every Xbox 1 owner doesn't have this game I dont know.

You have a gaming PC so there's not much reason to do so but, IMO Ryse, Forza, and Tomb Raider have the best graphics on the console. Of course, owning an Xbox One ( maybe my favorite console this gen) and a capable PC is like owning a 3DS and a Vita. The best looking 3DS game isn't going to impress you by comparison.

Anyway, enjoy the console. The more you use it, the more it grows on you. Controller is great, too! Grab a 6ft USB cable just incase the batteries die.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
CGI-Quality said:

I think what it is that the DS3 was so bad when you go to the DS4 is such a massive improvement over the PS3 controller where as the 360 was generally a good controller so not as much of a jump between the two but I agree with you after using only the DS4 for a year which I though was a great controller when I actually used the Xbox One pad it was godlike and I realized how vital the off set analog sticks are for easy access to dpad from any hand made playing competitive or faced paced games in general alot smoother.

Once you get a few digital titles you can always play them whilst you pop a disk in to install in the background which should be fine for you now with Rare Replay  and Gears so thats good.

A little tip with the OS/UI homepage if your on the homepage you can tap RT to go to bottom of page fast (will take you to my games+apps instantly) likewise LT takes you back to top, Also when your in my games and apps page you can scroll easily with RB and LB to move it along a screen at a time rather than scrolling across slowly.

Another trick to use for video/screenshot recording in any game tap the Xbox Guide button twice followed by either X or Y to take a screenshot or video this will also post it to your activity feed for your friends to see comes in handy for recording them cross map 360 no scopes with the Longshot on gears of War Hah.

There really isn't any noticeable differences in graphics even if most of the Internet these days says that there is and its by far Superior on PS4 maybe if you load both versions up and eagle eye every detail but other than that you will never notice the difference whilst your having fun.

CGI-Quality said:
WoodenPints said:

There really isn't any noticeable differences in graphics even if most of the Internet these days says that there is and its by far Superior on PS4 maybe if you load both versions up and eagle eye every detail but other than that you will never notice the difference whilst your having fun.

The differences aren't very major, no, but they are certainly noticeable. Especially when comparing 900 to 1080p. The difference in blur is there, before we even get to higher quality textures and/or shadows.

Like I said if you eagle eye the details there is but say for example if he played Witcher 3 on PS4 6 months ago then now decided to play it again on Xbox One he won't notice any differences in the graphics. Obviously if he loads it up PS4 runs around looking at graphics then loads up Xbox One version up and compares then you will pick up on things but just flat out loading up a game and playing for fun on Xbox One you wouldn't notice the difference between shadows or 900p vs 1080p.

Luckily I have a very good Plasma TV so resolution really isn't anywhere near the issue it would be with an LCD.

I just saw I have a few old xbla games available from my 360 days :D so once I've got everything installed I'll be able to get onto quick digital games or even Gears while disc based stuff installs.

Or I guess EA access and installing Fifa would let me have a few games on that while I waited.

I'm pretty impressed with the list of 360 compatible James already. I just really hope Burnout Revenge gets added. And some of the later 360 exclusives I couldn't play due to my 4th RROD and me throwing in the towel on the system.

WoodenPints said:
CGI-Quality said:

The differences aren't very major, no, but they are certainly noticeable. Especially when comparing 900 to 1080p. The difference in blur is there, before we even get to higher quality textures and/or shadows.

Like I said if you eagle eye the details there is but say for example if he played Witcher 3 on PS4 6 months ago then now decided to play it again on Xbox One he won't notice any differences in the graphics. Obviously if he loads it up PS4 runs around looking at graphics then loads up Xbox One version up and compares then you will pick up on things but just flat out loading up a game and playing for fun on Xbox One you wouldn't notice the difference between shadows or 900p vs 1080p.

Agreed, I mean if it weren't for DF making in depth videos and pointing out tiny differences you can see in screenshots, people wouldn't even notice. "900p vs 1080p is a huge deal" yeah, unless it's Killzone I guess. Frame rate differences are the big thing. Resolution slightly better when you have the same textures and effects doesn't do much of anything imho.

Ppl need to stop this childhood bs crap with talking down about systems. And just enjoy them , u like ps enjoy it or if u like xbox do the same. When ppl care more about a pixel here or there , slightly better resolution and not the game or hardware, u got some issues. Then your not a true gamer but a tool......

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1