By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Okay, I got an XB1! (Updated)

Should I get an XB1?

Yes 150 45.18%

No 142 42.77%

Only if more decent exclusives are confirmed. 40 12.05%

Total:332
MikeRox said:
deskpro2k3 said:

What PS4 exclusives are you comparing S.O. with? Certainly you don't mean all.

From the ones out around the same time. So first 12 months or so.

That said even the stuff like The Order isnt ZOMG what a huge step forwards comparatively. (Note this isnt under a microscope side by side stuff it's just general looking at the game running on my TV)

Gears of War on the other hand so far looks pretty underwhelming to me visually in single player.

But my comment was more meant to highlight I expected a pretty big technical gap in the exclusives (think PS2 being Xbox One to PS4 being original Xbox) and the difference is so much smaller it just struck me.

Really does make the bickering seem incredibly trivial on "battle of the ports".

Look at comparisons of 80s games across spectrum, commodore 64, Amiga and Amstrad etc to see just how big differences in games used to be. It seems the closer to parity weve become in games, the bigger the shouting about the differences has become.

I think we've hit the ceiling in terms of graphical power. The next big step I think will be dynamics such as the changes within the game world and physics.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

I think we've hit the ceiling in terms of graphical power. The next big step I think will be dynamics such as the changes within the game world and physics.

I hope so! I just want 60fps as far as graphical evolution goes.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

deskpro2k3 said:
MikeRox said:

From the ones out around the same time. So first 12 months or so.

That said even the stuff like The Order isnt ZOMG what a huge step forwards comparatively. (Note this isnt under a microscope side by side stuff it's just general looking at the game running on my TV)

Gears of War on the other hand so far looks pretty underwhelming to me visually in single player.

But my comment was more meant to highlight I expected a pretty big technical gap in the exclusives (think PS2 being Xbox One to PS4 being original Xbox) and the difference is so much smaller it just struck me.

Really does make the bickering seem incredibly trivial on "battle of the ports".

Look at comparisons of 80s games across spectrum, commodore 64, Amiga and Amstrad etc to see just how big differences in games used to be. It seems the closer to parity weve become in games, the bigger the shouting about the differences has become.

CGI is likely going to be the last or one of the last major graphical steps. After that, its just incremental, and eventually plateauing.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Well it depend if you really want to play the very few exclusive game.
I did purchase a X1 at Walmart price error (i got it for 229$ in November 2015) or else i would had wait.
(but that just my opinion).