By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Okay, I got an XB1! (Updated)

Should I get an XB1?

Yes 150 45.18%

No 142 42.77%

Only if more decent exclusives are confirmed. 40 12.05%

Total:332

Okay, I always said I would wait until the thing was under £200 with a game I wanted before I "jumped in". However, I find myself in the unusual position this month, of having more than enough left over money to buy one at current rates and I accidentally listened to the original Banjo Kazooie OST last night while listening to a Greatest Chip Music playlist.

I already have a PS4, Wii U, Gaming PC with GTX 970 along with a 3DS and Vita.

Come on VG Chartz, help me make the decision. Should I pay a bit more and get one now? Remembering I have access to most games already. Here are the games I really want on the XB1:

Rare Replay (seems wrong half of this isn't on Wii U)
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Horizon 2
All the Halo shizzle (really like the idea of playing the first one at 60fps)
Dead Rising 3 (The PC port is meant to be poor I think?)

Is this content worth laying out £250 for a console? Is anything likely to come out in the near future that will reinforce this purchase?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Sure why not

ktay95 said:
Sure why not

Pfffft, that is not helpful! Remember, I could actually plug my entire Vita Collection backlog up as an alternative, but that doesn't have Banjo Kazooie...

Nah...PS4 and PC are good enough. No need to shell out more cash for another system.

My recommendation would be getting Dolphin for your PC. Wii games look(and play) amazing on PC's, especially if they're powerful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I'd say yes, especially since there are plenty of great games you can get on XB1. :D

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Yes, it makes for the best TV remote ever, with a Kinect.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

If you want the games it offers, then yes.
If you don't want the games it offers, then no.

So based on the fact you want games it has, yes.

As for games coming out in the future that makes the purchase worth while, it really depends. Some people loved the Wii U because the games that came out for it were just right for them (Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X... Etc) while some bought it and didn't get what they want (Animal Crossing U, Metroid U, F-Zero U, Paper Mario U... Etc)

So it's really up to you on if it already has enough for you to want to purchase it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I've had nowt but problems with mine. And rare replay just downloads all the 360 versions to your hard drive.

pbroy said:
Yes, it makes for the best TV remote ever, with a Kinect.

That adds a further dilema! >_< the decent price bundles here don't include a Kinect. Haha.

Nogamez said:
I've had nowt but problems with mine. And rare replay just downloads all the 360 versions to your hard drive.

Hmmm, maybe an Xbox 360 would be a better option for now then... Though it's not the 360 RARE games I'm interested in. My first experience of gaming was the ZX Spectrum. Are all the Ultimate Play the Game titles in the RARE collection also on 360 as XBLA titles?

As Forza Horizon 1 was also a game I want to play.