By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Okay, I got an XB1! (Updated)

Should I get an XB1?

Yes 150 45.18%

No 142 42.77%

Only if more decent exclusives are confirmed. 40 12.05%

Total:332

The console needs more exclusives in my opinion. You can pick up a lot on PC or the rest on your PS4. Are you in dire need to play Sunset Overdrive or Rare Replay? I'm still in the wait and see category myself.

Around the Network

you have a ps4, pc, and wiiU. use the money to buy games as you should have more than enough options availible to you. xbox has very few true exclusives you won't find on pc and pc ports are becoming more and more common lately. ...i guess access to 4 additional games isn't worth a console price to me at least.

Wagram said:

The console needs more exclusives in my opinion. You can pick up a lot on PC or the rest on your PS4. Are you in dire need to play Sunset Overdrive or Rare Replay? I'm still in the wait and see category myself.

Lets just say if Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, Forza Horizon 2 and the Halo games were on PC or PS4, I'd have already owned them as day 1 purchases. Where much of what I would be interested in on my current platforms are much lower down the OMG I WANT! chain.

Edit: This is precisely why I'm asking for more opinions on this though. I agree that they could really do with some additional desirable exclusives. The trend of half of it now hitting PC too (such as RARE's next game) kind of diminishes the point of paying any decent amount for an XB1.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Absolutely not. The only console you need this gen is PS4 with a PC companion for some free-to-play titles. You do not need a Wii U or a an XB1.

The XB1 has no good exclusives and the Wii U is a....yeah you don't want to support Nintendo. Good luck and have fun with your PS4.

Moderated by - PwerlvlAmy

If you think you aren't gonna have buyer remorse then sure, go for it.

Around the Network

Considering the amount of platforms you already have, unless you are EXTREMELY interested in the XB1's exclusives, I'd pass it, and focus on building libraries for your other consoles.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It just comes down to how much you want to play those games you listed. 250£ seems alot for just couple of games, but sure they're good games. I wouldn't buy PS4 just for those couple of games I'm interested in though.

No because you already have a good amount of platforms that cover your gaming needs.

If you didn't have a PC I would say yes. But since you do there are a very little amount of games that you can only experience on the XB1 because MS are committed to releasing most of their games also on PC.

This seems like a "set up" to fail, troll thread to be honest. All this trash about what is "exclusive" and " true exclusive ", and therefore it's not worth it is all BS. If you have all these systems already, why are you even having an internal debate with yourself if you're not satisfied with all the games content offered by those systems?  Absolutely ridiculous.

All these trashy arguments about " you only need PS4 and PC " this generation, but the " Xbox One and PC" or " Wii U and PC" combination is somehow "useless" is absolutely ridiculous. Buy whatever you want to.

This website is trumpeting some of the most pathetic and ridiculous Sony fanboy arguments I've ever heard in my life.

I mean the guy says he already has a PS4, it's not always about the PS4. There are other game platforms and systems available....

Moderated by - PwerlvlAmy