By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One: Just the beginning

Sprash said:

Why concentrate on these 2 guys trying to downplay that ad? Why not ignore them and concentrate on the other 80-90% comments from people that overall like or love the ad?

People always mention if there is downplaying in threads so why are you concentrating on him mentioning 2 people? But it seems there are more people who who are doing this like my next reply.

But why? in most cases these comments are made to get attention and to get a reaction from other people, the best solution is to either ignore those or to report them if they bash this ad without reason.

Why give those people what they want? Why mention them directly or in his case indirectly?

For example so many people writing a response to such bait comments on youtube like "ps4 hasz no games" "xbox suxks" "pc is for elites ass"

Why not ignore them (or report them if they break a rule or are trying to bait people) and concentrate on the majority of people in this thread who like or even love this ad?

Edit: to stay on topic I love oh wait I like this ad it's cool and the xbox one is definitely a good console :)

Around the Network

I liked the trailer cant wait for the division, QB, Recore, sea of thieves, gears 4, crackdown. I do wish that scalebound never got delayed.

smroadkill15 said:
Lauster said:

More precisely

*Rise of the Tomb Raider
*Halo 5: Guardians
*Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
*Forza Motorsport 6
FIFA 16
Fallout 4
*Quantum Break
Tom Clancy's The Division
*Crackdown 3
*ReCore
*Scalebound
*Gears of War 4
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
*Sea of Thieves
*Halo Wars 2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
Dark Souls III
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Madden NFL 16
*Killer Instinct
*Rare Replay

That makes 13 exclusives (1 timed) and 8 multiplats

I was really only mentioning games shown for longer than a second, but even with all those other games added I still find my argument still holds true.

My answer was just factual, there was nothing against your post (except the wrong numbers :P  that's all). I let to each their interpretation.

Good commercial, no doubt.

But I wonder if the statement "the only system with every top-10 bestselling console game" is true.

Which games could be in that top 10? And which of these top-10 bestselling console games aren't also on PS4?

It would have to be an XBO game that is not also on PS4 and sold better than Mario Kart 8. If they only talk about 2015 games, there would have to be an XBO game that is not also on PS4 and sold better than Splatoon.

why do they show last year games like rarereplay and then 2017 games like scalebound?

Around the Network

I think Quantum Break looks cool and Scalebound could be epic, since it's made by Platinum.

But other than that...

I hate Microsoft for relying so much on Halo and Gears of War.

I don't understand console makers. Why don't they just take say $20 from each console sold and put into game development? That would give $200 million per year for exclusives, not even including the revenue from selling the game itself!

For $200 million you would get at least 2-3 additional games to fill the genres that the competition excels in, where you have games like Uncharted, God of War and The Last Guardian.

Same goes for Nintendo. Unbelieveable that they only make like two or perhaps three high budget in-house developed games per year (Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong).

Their trailers are pretty good at making me excited! Looking forward to Quantum Break, Scalebound, ReCore and Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

Sprash said:
But why? in most cases these comments are made to get attention and to get a reaction from other people, the best solution is to either ignore those or to report them if they bash this ad without reason.

Why give those people what they want? Why mention them directly or in his case indirectly?

For example so many people writing a response to such bait comments on youtube like "ps4 hasz no games" "xbox suxks" "pc is for elites ass"

Why not ignore them (or report them if they break a rule or are trying to bait people) and concentrate on the majority of people in this thread who like or even love this ad?

Edit: to stay on topic I love oh wait I like this ad it's cool and the xbox one is definitely a good console :)

Firstly I am not trying to get a reaction or attention.... I certainly dont need attention... I'm way to old for that. Secondly you do realise this is an *internet forum*... you know what forum means right? It means a way to discuss and debate topics. Someone posted the video, I dont believe it to be a good video because it highlights the lack of range and 1st/2nd party content on the console. You can agree or disagree, or ignore, it doesnt matter, but the whole people are attention whores, is not particularly helpful. Nothing that some of us have said is factually incorrect. 

If you want people to agree 100% with you, then perhaps internet forums are not the place to be... or maybe stick to the XBO/PS4 master threads that are pro product.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Ruler said:
why do they show last year games like rarereplay and then 2017 games like scalebound?

Eh, they're still new-ish games. At least they keep supporting recently released titles with advertisement. Hopefully that keeps their sales leg momentum going.

Madword said:
darkenergy said:

You guys should read both Lauster's and smroadkill15's comment. While the both of you are just talking BS.

Perhaps you need to read Lausters post of what games were shown... I'm not saying the games they showed were crap or there is a lack of games, just that its a slight of hand video... its easy to make your schedule look bigger if you fill it with 3rd parties and games already released

• Quantum Break
  • Crackdown 3
  • ReCore
  • Scalebound
  • Gears of War 4
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Halo Wars 2

Multiplatform

• Dark Souls III
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  • Madden NFL 16
  • Tom Clancy's The Division
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Already Released

• Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Killer Instinct - Already released but getting S3... or whatever
  • Rare Replay
  • Forza Motorsport 6
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • FIFA 16
  • Fallout 4
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition

It's no secret that I like the Xbox One so I guess I sound like an apologist but here's my take on the ad:

They're trying to sell a console to people that don't own it. To do this, they show games available and games that are coming. If I were in the market for a PS4, does Bloodborne suddenly become off limits because it already released? If I like football (which, I don't), knowing that I can still play Madden might be a big deal.  These are games I'd like to play if I buy the console.

That's how I see it, anyway.