By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 5 (ps4) VS Pokken Tournament (WiiU)! Who Will Win In sales Per region Lifetime?

I see pokken winning in Japan, the rest should go to SF5.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Street Fighter has the advantage of being a proven fighting game compared to Pokken Fighters. Also, I'm not sure why they chose the name Pokken Fighters. I know it's a mix of Pokemon and Tekken, but wouldn't it be better for marketing a name like Pokemon Fighters?

Pokemon is 'pocket monsters'? Tekken is 'Iron Fist'. Pokken = 'Pocket Fist'.... ?

Pocket Monsters with an Iron Fist Fighters. Yep, that's the name.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

ktay95 said:
SFV everywhere including Japan. I wouldnt have high hopes for Pokken in Japan if its arcade release is anything to go by.

I wouldn't bet on Street Fighter for Japan, as the game still failed to show up on COMG 2 weeks before launch while Pokkén is charting for about 3 weeks now already. It's also not doing so hot on amazon japan either, so the outlook for SFV in Japan is not too great right now.

Arcade owners are not happy with Pokkén not because it doesn't attract enough players, but because they can keep on playing for over an hour for their initial money input if they are halfway decent. Compared to other games which will last 15-20m at most before more coins must be invested to continue playing, Pokkén just doesn't make enough revenue unless the price per game would be raised beyond the comfort zone of most arcade players.

it will win everywhere, most japanese dont like pokken the articles have shown

RolStoppable said:
This shouldn't even be a question. Pokken may contain Pokémon, but the other half of it is Tekken, and Tekken is bah-blargh-boo.

Tekken is opium

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
ktay95 said:
SFV everywhere including Japan. I wouldnt have high hopes for Pokken in Japan if its arcade release is anything to go by.

I wouldn't bet on Street Fighter for Japan, as the game still failed to show up on COMG 2 weeks before launch while Pokkén is charting for about 3 weeks now already. It's also not doing so hot on amazon japan either, so the outlook for SFV in Japan is not too great right now.

Arcade owners are not happy with Pokkén not because it doesn't attract enough players, but because they can keep on playing for over an hour for their initial money input if they are halfway decent. Compared to other games which will last 15-20m at most before more coins must be invested to continue playing, Pokkén just doesn't make enough revenue unless the price per game would be raised beyond the comfort zone of most arcade players.

Ah ok, havent been following COMG for a really long time now and didnt know why Pokken was a financial failure in arcades. Just assumed it wasnt popular. Thanks for the info.

Is everyone going off of that 1 arcade of many that they took away from Pokken?

I think that has to be one of the most confusing gaming head lines of 2015. Every one thinks pokken did bad but from wat I understand is only 1 did bad (arcade) and was taking out and the truth blew up and said pokken overall is a failure in Japan :/

Japan : Pokkén Tournament (comg preoders speak for itself)
Europe : Pokkén Tournament
US : Street Fighter V

Global : Street Fighter V

Street Fighter will destroy Pokken. One thing that hurts pokken is that its exclusive to Nintendo which doesnt currently enjoy the largest install base. Its going to share the same fate of Tatsunoku vs Capcom. Nintendo hasnt been the choice console for fighters since the early 90's. Sony took that from them in the mid 90's.

Street fighter will win all three major regions when both games drop. (Europe, US and Japan)

I don't see understand how you could say that Street Fighter V will sell more than Pokkén in Japan, seriously.
Just look at the pre-orders at comg, Pokkén has 22 points more than 45 days before release, and Street Fighter V has less than 15 points (he's not even in the ranking) less than two weeks before release.

Street Fighter IV debuted at 83k on PS3, it seems like Street Fighter V will sell way less, and Pokkén will obviously sell more than 83k.