By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 5 (ps4) VS Pokken Tournament (WiiU)! Who Will Win In sales Per region Lifetime?

Street Fighter will most likely win

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Pokken in Japan, Street Fighter V in the rest.
I think financially both games will do well.

tbone51 said:
RavenXtra said:
Street Fighter in all regions & global sales. Pokken is a complete unknown on a low-selling platform, while SF has the benefit of being a long-respected fighting series on a high-selling platform.

Ironically and don't mean to sound like a  broken record........

Halo5 and Splatoon! (and I bet this one would be unbelievable compared to SF and pokken :p

Besides, Pokken was released in Japan on arcades long time ago. So japanese audiences probably know the game very well

Street Fighter in everywhere. Easily.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 11 September 2018

Around the Network

Pokken will do worst in Japan, in which SF5 will take easily.

Pokken have good chance in France and Germany, while UK will be dominated by SFV.

For US, I think Pokken will actually come pretty close to SFV early on.

SFV everywhere

Nintyfan90 said:
The Fury said:

No, just being realisitic. Your argument of Splatoon good though. I just think SF is still more popular in terms of fighting games. It IS the fighting game, it IS Evo. Tekken 7 was at Evo last year and it had been out in arcade in Japan for about a week. 

Pokken Tourny has a lot going for it but it's got some stiff competition in it's market.

Although I agree with you but I think Street Fighter is now sharing that spotlight with Smash. THEY are THE fighting games.

As your name might suggest, I'll ignore the fact you missed off Tekken from 'THE' fighting games. :P

You know, cosidering it is the only 3D fighter basically left on the market (that isn't some weird 3rd person perspective fighting game based on an anime I mean).

Hmm, pie.

It's pretty clear that everyone here believing that SFV will win is either a Sony fanboy or a Capcom fanboy that isn't thinking realistically.

First off, Capcom ruined the appeal of SF when they screwed fans over with all those title updates to SFIV, the game itself being barebones and the shady DLCs. Capcom ruined their reputation in the fighting game genre with disappointing games like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken. Capcom sold six million copies of the original SFIV and now they can only sell only above a million units. As a matter of fact, Capcom sales expectation is so low that they expect to sell two million which I doubt that.

And SFV doesn't look to be no better as that game will also be barebones with the stupid DLC costumes and a story mode that will be just as lame as the previous games. Pokken Tournament will be the opposite as it will have all the bells and whistle and it's also based off of Pokemon which its install base is upwards to 10 million.

Face facts, Capcom/Sony fanboys. no casual fan gives a damn about SF anymore.

Alt removed -RavenXtra

TheFacts123 said:

Face facts, Capcom/Sony fanboys. no casual fan gives a damn about SF anymore.

While Capcom's business model hasn't exactly been great, SF4 did amazingly well for a SF game, even with all the different versions. It launched with a good cast and was very well received by pros and casuals alike.

I am a Tekken fanboy so would love to see Pokken Tourney do well, however being on the Wii U, not having the same casual market appeal and name branding that Street Fighter has, it's hard to know how it will do. If you go up to a casual and say "Are you buying the next Street Fighter?" they'll know what you are on about, ask them if they are buying 'Pokken Tournament' and they probably won't, even if the characters involved are well known. Maybe in time they will know that is is Pokemon but that's not obvious from the title.

Hmm, pie.