By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 5 (ps4) VS Pokken Tournament (WiiU)! Who Will Win In sales Per region Lifetime?

tbone51 said:
The Fury 

When is Pokken Tournement out?

Out of the 2 in the thread, SF5 will sell more. Proven series vs potential one off. But in Japan... closer than the rest of the world.

Putting all your eggs in 1 basket? Sure SF has all the advantages but after splatoon and other games with similar feats, I wouldn't use the proven series > non proven. 

Also one off? You honestly think pokken will be one and done lol. Game is already coming to Evo without the franchise even launching. You might be underestimating a little too much! 

No, just being realisitic. Your argument of Splatoon good though. I just think SF is still more popular in terms of fighting games. It IS the fighting game, it IS Evo. Tekken 7 was at Evo last year and it had been out in arcade in Japan for about a week. 

Pokken Tourny has a lot going for it but it's got some stiff competition in it's market.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Only place I can see Pokkén winning is Japan. But after Splatoon... you never know when a hit might happen on Wii U, so yeah... maybe it will have great legs.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The Fury said:
tbone51 said:

Putting all your eggs in 1 basket? Sure SF has all the advantages but after splatoon and other games with similar feats, I wouldn't use the proven series > non proven. 

Also one off? You honestly think pokken will be one and done lol. Game is already coming to Evo without the franchise even launching. You might be underestimating a little too much! 

No, just being realisitic. Your argument of Splatoon good though. I just think SF is still more popular in terms of fighting games. It IS the fighting game, it IS Evo. Tekken 7 was at Evo last year and it had been out in arcade in Japan for about a week. 

Pokken Tourny has a lot going for it but it's got some stiff competition in it's market.

Just to let you know I think SFV will be greater overall and by a good amount. I'm just saying crazier things have happened. 

As for pokken, your missing out on some important notes. 

1. Yes it might be in serious competition, cuz it is, but it's an exclusive to nintendo platforms

2. Well part of reason 1, the fan base will be mostly of nintendo owners. They don't have that traditional fighting game (we got ssb) this will fill the void! 

3. POKEMON Bro!  Granted the spin offs do t do well anymore, but this is a spin off that fans want. And pokémon fans are loyal as shit.  :p

Lastly for continuation, there are 700+ pokémon, you can say it's an endless selection for a roster. There will be more!  :) 

There would be no quantifiable way to determine region outside Japan (in terms of overall sales). We will have guesstimates from the UK and NPD. The best number given will be shipments. Capcom is already on record as saying they plan to ship 2 million this quarter.

tbone51 said:

The 2 biggest fighters of early 2016 clash!! 

Who will win in sales.... 

US

Japan

Uk

France

Germany 

I'd like to think Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is a bigger fighter than Pokken.

But anyways....Street Fighter 5 all the way.  

Around the Network

I'm gona say that Pokkén will sell better in Japan and France, while SFV will sell better everywhere else.

Street Fighter V will destroy it in every region except for maybe japan.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

SFV simply because this comparison makes no sense. SFV has the fighting brand and bigger userbase. You keep saying Splatoon but what are you comparing Splatoon to? Smash is obviously a better comparison and is certainly the only fighting game left that can compete with street fighter.

SFV everywhere including Japan. I wouldnt have high hopes for Pokken in Japan if its arcade release is anything to go by.

Street fighter gonna own