By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 5 (ps4) VS Pokken Tournament (WiiU)! Who Will Win In sales Per region Lifetime?

I find it ironic that I'm the only one that stated facts as to why Pokken Tournament will outsell SFV. Oh you fanboys and hiding behind a mods dick in order to get those that post what you don't agree with banned. VG Chartz doesn't speak for everyone. I fucking dare you to post your trolling on YouTube - where freedom of speech exist so I can own you.

Around the Network
TheFacts321 said:
I find it ironic that I'm the only one that stated facts as to why Pokken Tournament will outsell SFV. Oh you fanboys and hiding behind a mods dick in order to get those that post what you don't agree with banned. VG Chartz doesn't speak for everyone. I fucking dare you to post your trolling on YouTube - where freedom of speech exist so I can own you.

Street Fighter is the most popular traditional fighting franchise on the planet. As long as the game is developed with all play styles in mind the game will sell extremey well by fighting game standards.

I will more than likely play Pokken if I get a Nintendo console anytime soon, but I bought Tatsunoku vs Capcom on the Wii and it did not well as well as it should've on the winning console of its gen. Traditional fighters havent sold so well on Nintendo platforms since the 90's primarily because the primary fighting game fanatics jumped ship to Sony in the mid 90's (Some of the fighters that were on the Sega and Nintendo exclusively found a home on the Playstation from SNK to Capcom)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
tbone51 said:

You could say the same for shooters yet look at Splatoon. Pokken is a fighter but It isnt t your typical one and when I mean typical (standard)  I'm talking about that pokken is a game fans have wanted for years. Pokemon actually fighting. 

Being exclusive to a small userbase does hurt it significantly but it isn't everything (look at mk8/splatoon/sm3dw or vita games like mine craft/persona4G/etc

Pokken is a new IP. Splatoon is Nintendo first party (which tends to sell regardless go the loyal fanbase). Pokken is third party and is made by the Tekken developers which already tells you where it is doomed to go. 

We can bet on this if you like. I'm completely open to it. :)

Funny how hyrule warriors turned out sales use too eh? XD

No bet, I think SF5 Will win. I think your underestimating pokken, that's all! 

tbone51 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Pokken is a new IP. Splatoon is Nintendo first party (which tends to sell regardless go the loyal fanbase). Pokken is third party and is made by the Tekken developers which already tells you where it is doomed to go. 

We can bet on this if you like. I'm completely open to it. :)

1.2 million copies isnt bad, but in todays world thats barely edging yourself into the safe zone. There was a time two gens ago when selling half a million copies was considered profitable. Gone are those days due to console becoming more powerful and the demand for more reseources to be put into the development process. Development costs and profitability are some of the things that put Capcom in serious trouble and with Sony's help this should be a profitable venture with Street Fighter. Who knows when it would've come out if Sony didnt help? Pokken looks like it will be fun and I will be playing it in due time (Just like I did Tatsunoko vs Capcom). Tatsunoko vs Capcom sold below 1 million on a console that had a install base of 100 million. I shed a tear for traditional fighters on that console the day I heard the sales. You're right that the Pokemon name might  help much like Hyrule Warriors was a reskinned Dynasty Warriors. Much luck to the game selling at the most two  million WW. :)

I also t hink Nintendo is going to extend Pokken to the NX console, so we shall see.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
tbone51 said:

1.2 million copies isnt bad, but in todays world thats barely edging yourself into the safe zone. There was a time two gens ago when selling half a million copies was considered profitable. Gone are those days due to console becoming more powerful and the demand for more reseources to be put into the development process. Development costs and profitability are some of the things that put Capcom in serious trouble and with Sony's help this should be a profitable venture with Street Fighter. Who knows when it would've come out if Sony didnt help? Pokken looks like it will be fun and I will be playing it in due time (Just like I did Tatsunoko vs Capcom). Tatsunoko vs Capcom sold below 1 million on a console that had a install base of 100 million. I shed a tear for traditional fighters on that console the day I heard the sales. You're right that the Pokemon name might  help much like Hyrule Warriors was a reskinned Dynasty Warriors. Much luck to the game selling at the most two  million WW. :)

I also t hink Nintendo is going to extend Pokken to the NX console, so we shall see.

For the hyrule warriors argument, 2 things. 

1. The game was over 1mil by years end (2014). Game is probably a little higher now than before. So it could be anywhere between 1.2mil to 1.8mil. We won't know Intill tecmo gives us figures. 

2. Importantly your using 1mil, but you have to look at it differently.  Let's go with 1.2mil. That 1.2mil isn't for the fighting genre but a much more niche one. It's a DW game. Most of the games sell 300k-600k WW Lifetime. I think only 5 games sold over 1mil. DQ warriors and hyrule warriors being 2 of them (both spin offs to popular franchises).  Highest selling DW game is around 2.3mil lifetime. So 1.2mil is really good. 

Fighting genre is down  overall significant ly compared to its prime (though it's recovering from last gen Imo) I think pokken will do well, but it all depends on a number of factors. SF5 has all the advantages, but it's not 100% guaranteed yet! 

Around the Network

SFV will easily outleg Pokken everywhere, it's a game that'll sell until 2019-2020, doesn't even matter how much less or more it sells at the beginning.

TheFacts321 said:

Rafie said:

It's pretty clear that if you don't think SFV will dominate everywhere, then you're either a Nintendo fanboy and/or a Pokemon fanboy that isn't thinking realistically. See how dumb that sounds?

You must not have been in tune with the appeal SFV has ganered with the beta alone. It's already super successful and it's conjured quite the following. No one has taken a blind eye to Capcom's shady business practices in the past. However, I will say this. The DLC to SFIV is mostly what the FANS wanted. Capcom delivered. Most of the characters that's been requested has gotten on the game. The prices for THAT DLC was jutisfied. I can't speak on the character costumes and such. So the Street Fighter X Tekken game is a good game. The DLC practice was horrid. It's a commercial failure and understandbly so. Still I find it to be a good game. Marvel VS Capcom 3 was f'ed up due to the fact that they released another version 9 months. UMVC 3 is a popular hit. It's not a bad game at all.

I understand your disgruntlement with Capcom, but remember Street Fighter is THEE most popular fighting game in history. To generalize the gamers on this site as Capcom/Sony fanboys because they believe SFV would beat Pokken sales wise is ignorant at best. Pokken is an unproven fighting game that didn't take too well in the Japanese arcades. As I said before, SFV is already widely popular amongst the fighting game community.  Opinions at the end of the day though.

A Capcom fanboy that didn't read my post and is trolling? How suprising lol. See how easily I spotted you, troll?

A beta?  You mean a FREE beta? Did you read the part where Capcom said that they expect to sell two million units, little boy? Of course you didn't that what fanboyism does to you, it fucks with your reading comprehension. And you're calling me stupid, faggot? I like you're arugment: "So the Street Fighter X Tekken game is a good game"  LMAO

I understand that you're a Capcom that's blindly throwing out labels like the troll that you are, but I stated FACTS plain and simple,. Now read my post if you're not a fanboy. Or are you going to be a faggot and cry on a mods' dick about how I'm "trolling" AKA stating facts that I don't like and have my account banned? Well go ahead for I can always create a new one, faggot. The mods' "don't defend Nintendo' rule doesn't justifly a bannisment, faggot. 

Wow.... HAHAHAHAHA! You really are acting childish!  I couldn't read through all of your insults. Stop acting like a child and relay your points in a more subtle way. No one will take you serious when you talk like that.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

pokken will win everywhere. Pokemon is much, much, much more popular then sf.

biglittlesps said:
Edwardooo said:

Japan : Pokkén Tournament (comg preoders speak for itself)
Europe : Pokkén Tournament
US : Street Fighter V

Global : Street Fighter V

PS4 has around 15+ million consoles in europe compared to Wii U 3 million consoles. Also PS4 has bundle, so how do you expect Pokken to sell better than SFV in Europe which is Sony land ?

Well, Pokémon is still very popular, and the games actually has better pre-orders than Street Fighter V on amazon.fr (didn't check the others countries though).

Street Fighter wins it everywhere.