By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the best football league?

English premier league. Because of thy mighty Aston Villa (the logo in my avatar), the best team of all time ok 1980-1982

Around the Network
babycakes33 said:
the nfl

football is soccer. The NFL does not play soccer

Auron said:
pastro243 said:
Get a brain man!!! Its football, the one u actually play with ur feet!!!!
On topic: Spanish League is my favorite, then serie A

That is soccer everybody knows that footbal is played by throwing and catching the ball and/or running the ball.  Only somtimes do you kick it with your foot it only makes sense.  

it football you americans.sheesh kebab and your american football dudes are a bunch of pussy they have to wear helmets try rugby a real man sport.On the topic i think the spanish league is the best.the prem have the best top four thou beter then the spanish top 4 but team for team i think the spanish leaugue is the best la liga the best.i dont see spurs beating valencia but i can see liverpool (the team that goin to destoy you dirty manks today) beating barca  or real  

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

shio said:
stclam said:
Tavin said:
shio said:
The Spanish league is the strongest, therefore the best.

I agree with that

What the hell he was talking about soccer not american football the most important and famous sport in the whole world .... damn this USA people =D, no .. i won't say americans since i also live in america and am not from the USA :

1) 4 England Teams makes the quarter final of the Championship League, Spain have one

2) The best Spanish Player is playing in England now

if not South American players always prefer to play in Spanish League(because of language and work permit?), the gap will even wider

It is widely known that the Spanish league has the strongest league because their midtable and bottom teams are stronger than any other league.

The EPL's top 4 may be stronger than than Spain's top 4, but the other 16 spanish teams are better than the English ones. That is La Liga's biggest strength and why they simply rape the other teams in Uefa Cup.

kopstudent89 said:

Premierleague ofcourse!!

I mean 4 english teams in quarter finals of champions league, 2 wins in san siro? I mean its just logic aint it?

It's faulty logic. what is the point in only comparing the top 4 teams when there are 20 teams in each league? What about the other 16? I'll tell you, the other 16 english teams are nowhere near their spanish counterparts.

You only need to check their results at Uefa Cup (which is a better indicator of a league's strength than the CL)

You must be kidding me? the fact that the other 16 teams are playing with those top 4 and doing well(aston villa, tottenham, everton, potsmouth...) is a definite factor that these teams are better than their counter parts. I mean i think alot have watched tottenham and villa this season playing some gorgeous football, without having to spend like the likes of atletico madrid.

Also when the league is only hogged by 2 teams like barca and real, its really a bit dull. And we all saw how real were ripped by roma. If ur top 2 teams arent playing the best ftball, it automatically means that the league isnt as strong as another where the likes of even Liverpool who are 4th can compete to the maximum level is european competitions.

At the same time though, i would agree if u said that the premierleague is a bit overrated, and thats due to the media, who are mostly english. I mean i always thought the english national team was overrated, while the likes of italy and germany were underrated by the media. 

Still the liga is a cracker to watch, and i must admit, the technical style of playing allows the weaker teams to create more surprises than the EPL. But i dont think it has something to do with la liga being stronger. In the end each has his opinion i guess

Looks at the Champions League...hmm...Premierleague would be my guess.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

Ill have to go with the NFL

although the toughest badasses are in rugby

*to qualify american college football until the 1900s was where the most badasses were, the game was almost banned by president roosevelt because to manny people died playing it. those meetings are also where the NCAA comes from 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Spanish league of course!

kopboi said:

it football you americans.sheesh kebab and your american football dudes are a bunch of pussy they have to wear helmets try rugby a real man sport.

You can blame your own countrymen for why American Football is called Football and As"soc"iation Football got nicknamed Soccer. You can also blame your countrymen for bringing early Rugby into the United States and forming what would become Football. I would also like to know how not wearing a helmet makes a sport a real man's sport. There are many sports like Hockey and Baseball that require helmets at times. Also Volleyball doesn't require a helmet. Is it a real man's sport?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Yahoo......... Manchester United wins 3 - 0 againts Liverpool. I only expect 1-0 or 2-0. For Arsenal and Chelsea I hope both draw. Man U will be 1st Chelsea 2nd and Arsenal 3rd

lol at some of the replies, the OP is talking about soccer when he said football. soccer is only used in the u.s and australia, the rest of the world refers to soccer as football, because 99% of the time you're actually using your FEET.

it's weird how football (soccer) is the most popular sport in the wrold, yet it's nothing in america. weird.