By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Chat - February 2016

Currently playing a lot of Smash, trying out a site called Anther's Ladder, which lets me play competitive matches.

I'm looking forward to Corrin in Smash, and Fire Emblem Fates.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I'm hitting my Gamecube back catalog pretty hard this month, my aim is to try to beat as many games as possible from it, considering I own close to 200 of them now and have finished less than 1/4 of my collection.

Started off by alphabetising the collection and going to work through it as close to the letter as I can stand... might hurt when I get to the F's of Fifa :D

Done all there was to do in -
18 wheelers, wow... I mean great arcade port, and I do have a decent Gamecube steering wheel so it was fun, but it's 2 hours or less long even with doing the score attacks was just no content there.

Big mutha Truckers... campaign of the game is 60 days long, by day 18 I've fully upgraded most items on the truck and have now the task of either driving back and forth down the same path of road for 42 more days... or moving on, considering the 200 games on the shelf I'm stopping there, not a bad game, but christ why mix truck driving and simulation trading game? someone was definitely in the moonshine at the creative meeting of this game.

Batman Begins - Wow, beautiful looking GC game, ties into the movie really well, you play it pretty much scene for scene.... although with more scenes added where the big bad bat swings from chains and does semi stealth missions to hide from goons with guns and scare them into being goons without guns so you can fight them.
That's the issue tho, every single encounter in the game is basically either following a very straight path to stealth kill the one with the gun before fighting the rest, or else doing something to scare the goons into disarming themselves, and there is no options to be had here, it's goons standing near a statue (you knock it on them) goons standing near a car with a car alarm (you set off the alarm) Goons standing near some gas cans (you throw the battarang and blow them up... which doesn't kill the goons, just makes them drop the guns) Also if you think... hey just fight them with guns? No, if you show your face or go about the game the wrong path you instantly get shot to death, there is no room for alternative styles of play, you must follow the laid out path or it's batdeath city.
.... That said tho... you get to be the Batman, and play through batman begins, if you don't mind following the path it lays out for you, great game, considering it's a movie tie in game especially by EA.

Considering next titles to move onto... Got
Aggressive Inline (mostly finished during the GC era)
Animal Crossing (completed 100%, all NES games unlocked)
Baldurs Gate Dark Allianced (100%'d co-op before)
Beyond good and Evil (have the HD version on the X360, considering going to that for this game)
Bomberman Generations (never played)
Beach Spikers (never played)
Blood Omen 2 (can't recall if ever opened),
Bionicle (played til it hurts, recall it being awful in 2003 or so),
Burnout 1 (done everything),
Bloody Roar Primal Fury (played most of the stories back in the GC era),
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (played maybe 2 stages of this, recall it being great)

So yeah... That's just going from # - A - B and I've got a lot of choice as to what to look at to finish next, since I heard nothing about Black and Bruised or Bomberman Generations I'm considering trying those out next, want to finish games and move on ASAP. have these and 24 other letters worth of games to try!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I'm playing Diablo 3 at the moment on PS4 but what I found odd is the end game content. I had a hard time even finding how to access it. When I went into 'continue' it just put be back at the start as a new game plus basically which wasn't right. I wanted the bounties and rift stuff.

I went into an online game accidentally a couple of times, joined a random guys game.

Finally found the option under 'game settings', you have to switch the game from 'story' to 'adventure'. I had no idea as it's not really a setting. Oh well. Onwards I go.

Also playing Fallout 4 as bastard like character (although the way the game is set out, it's hard to be an all over killer or all pacifist, lack of the latter made me sad), and Black Op 3 for the MP.

Hmm, pie.

Nearly finished with the MCC. Just a couple of levels left on Halo 4 now, after which I will move on to Halo 5 and hopefully get into the multiplayer as well. Also really enjoying Forza Horizon 2. And on PS4, I am working through DSII:SotFS. Was about to give up earlier when I got really stuck on a boss for the second consecutive sitting, but after turning it off in frustration, I went right back on 5 minutes later and finally beat him. First Souls game, which I have really enjoyed, and I will be getting Bloodborne and DSIII after I am done.

Not buying any games for a while, as I need to work at my backlog. I have Gears 2, 3 & Judgement, Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Rare Replay, Forza 6, State of Decay, Yoshi Woolly World, Uncharted Collection, Until Dawn, Batman and Tales of Zestitira to play. And when that is done, I still need to buy a dozen or so games from last year. Will be a while before I play any 2016 releases.

Let's see I'm playing Tales of the abyss, Persona Q, Final Fantasy VII, Splatoon and Smash.

This month I'm buying fire emblem fates, project x zone 2 and the last dlc for smash 4.

Around the Network

Playing Dragon's Dogma currently in between work and here. Thinking of also playing some XCOM again since XCOM 2 is out in 4 days.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Currently bloodbourne and fallout 4. Still need to finish fatal frame 5. Eagerly awaiting TPHD. Interested I getting Xenoblade x and bayonetta 2 but NO TIME GODDAMMIT

danielrdp said:
I play Rocket League almost every day. I'm also playing Bloodborne. The game is really cool, but the first day I played was SO frustrating. I kept dying and dying. I think I've died 20 times on my first playing session. But I won't give up, at least not yet.

Lol I made a thread about this the other day. I kept dying over and over again lol. Finally made it to the first boss and died. Again. Think you just gotta grind at the start to level up and get stronger. Seems very good though I'm gonna keep at it. 

danielrdp said:
 I'm also playing Bloodborne. The game is really cool, but the first day I played was SO frustrating. I kept dying and dying. I think I've died 20 times on my first playing session. But I won't give up, at least not yet.

Sounds like me with 'The Evil Within' (Tho Bloodborne is probably the harder game)

Cloudman said:

Can someone help me beat this level / area?
Which one? I'm not playing The Evil Within now... o_o

That was an example Cloud. Like, if you needed help with a game, you could ask someone in this thread

ReimTime said:

I'm still looking forward to Uncharted 4

Never played the series, still hesitant on it. I have other things to play for now but maybe I'll eventually try the original games.

if I like them, I can get UC4

Ganoncrotch said:
I'm hitting my Gamecube back catalog pretty hard this month, my aim is to try to beat as many games as possible from it, considering I own close to 200 of them now and have finished less than 1/4 of my collection.

So yeah... That's just going from # - A - B and I've got a lot of choice as to what to look at to finish next, since I heard nothing about Black and Bruised or Bomberman Generations I'm considering trying those out next, want to finish games and move on ASAP. have these and 24 other letters worth of games to try!

That's quite the task you've given yourself! Looks like fun tho

BasilZero said:

What games did you buy or get in January?

Steam/PC
-Absconding Zatwor - Giveaway $0
-Consortium - Giveaway $0
-Final Fantasy XIII - GIFT $0
-Humble Weekly Full Motion Video Bundle (7th Guest + 11th Hour Pack, Tex Murphy Complete Pack, MISSING: An Interactive Thriller - Episode One) - $1
-Kraven Manor - Indie Gala Giveaway $0
-Omikron: The Nomad Soul - Giveaway Squareenix Online Store Free Promotion $0
-Power-Up - Giveaway $0
-Rover Rescue - Giveaway $0
-Soulbringer - Giveaway $0
-The Deer - Giveaway $0

Total: $1.00

Enjoy Windwaker!

and That's pretty good for $1

[] [] [] {} [] 

Neat idea, Rain.

Well, I'm currently playing Star Wars Battlefieldfront, which is a lot of fun but is coming to an end (I'm just 4 levels away of maximizing my char). I just acquired Tales of Zestiria and plan to play it by saturday. This month I'll also buy Gravity Rush Remastered and Resident Evil Origins Collection (REHD + RE0HD).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won