By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Chat - February 2016

LipeJJ said:

Neat idea, Rain.

This month I'll also buy Gravity Rush Remastered and Resident Evil Origins Collection (REHD + RE0HD).

Thanks

I'm pretty much doing the same. Only difference is I already have REHD digitally so bought 0HD the same way. The physical collection should be nice tho

[] [] [] {} [] 

Around the Network

Currently (mainly) Playing...
- Splatoon
- Pokemon Picross
- Mirai DX

Not planning on purchasing any games in the near future, but will jump on a few 3DS titles if they go on sale
- Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
- Stella Glow
- Legend of Legacy
- Persona Q
- Majora's Mask 3D

Most excited for Zelda U

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Currently playing all games for the first time:

PS3:
The Last of us (after you encounter the clicker)
Uncharted 3 (Multiplayer)

PS1 (bought one again for 30€):
Final Fantasy 9 (playing right know^^)

PS TV:
Freedom Wars
God Eater Burst

Currently Playing
Yoshi's Wooly World with Smash and Splatoon on the side

Plan to Play this Month
Fire Emblem Fates (been waiting for this game since it's been announced, only 18 more days!)
Shovel Knight since I never got around to playing it

Most Excited for
The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
Pokken Tournament
Corrin and Bayonetta in Smash (2 more days!)

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV
Blade & Soul
Xenoblade
Tales of Hearts R
Dragon Quest Heroes
Bayonetta 2
FIFA16

Plan to Play:
All of the above +
Eternal Sonata (now that I've beaten Ratchet and Clank)
Smash
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC (Started this, but put it down due to so many other games)

Plan on Buying This Month:
Fire Emblem Fates
Nitro+ Blasterz
Project X Zone 2
Megadimension Neptunia VII

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV
Blade & Soul
Xenoblade
Tales of Hearts R
Dragon Quest Heroes
Bayonetta 2
FIFA16

You play so many games at once

[] [] [] {} [] 

Rain2 said:
outlawauron said:

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV
Blade & Soul
Xenoblade
Tales of Hearts R
Dragon Quest Heroes
Bayonetta 2
FIFA16

You play so many games at once

I try to just have one going on each platform. Sometimes, I can't help it going a little more than that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm currently playing Majora's Mask 3D, Splatoon, and Pokemon Crystal.

I plan on buying the Corrin and Bayonetta DLC for Smash, Street Fighter V, Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition, and Pokemon RBY on the eshop.

The Futute games that I'm most excited about in order are Fire Emblem Fates, The Legend of Zelda Wii U, Dragon Quest Builders, and Persona 5.

The games I have beaten this month are Yoshi's Woolly World, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Kid Icarus Uprising(replay), Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Dragon Quest IX, and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones(replay).

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Rain2 said:
danielrdp said:
 I'm also playing Bloodborne. The game is really cool, but the first day I played was SO frustrating. I kept dying and dying. I think I've died 20 times on my first playing session. But I won't give up, at least not yet.

Sounds like me with 'The Evil Within' (Tho Bloodborne is probably the harder game)

Cloudman said:

Can someone help me beat this level / area?
Which one? I'm not playing The Evil Within now... o_o

That was an example Cloud. Like, if you needed help with a game, you could ask someone in this thread

ReimTime said:

I'm still looking forward to Uncharted 4

Never played the series, still hesitant on it. I have other things to play for now but maybe I'll eventually try the original games.

if I like them, I can get UC4

Ganoncrotch said:
I'm hitting my Gamecube back catalog pretty hard this month, my aim is to try to beat as many games as possible from it, considering I own close to 200 of them now and have finished less than 1/4 of my collection.

So yeah... That's just going from # - A - B and I've got a lot of choice as to what to look at to finish next, since I heard nothing about Black and Bruised or Bomberman Generations I'm considering trying those out next, want to finish games and move on ASAP. have these and 24 other letters worth of games to try!

That's quite the task you've given yourself! Looks like fun tho

BasilZero said:

What games did you buy or get in January?

Steam/PC
-Absconding Zatwor - Giveaway $0
-Consortium - Giveaway $0
-Final Fantasy XIII - GIFT $0
-Humble Weekly Full Motion Video Bundle (7th Guest + 11th Hour Pack, Tex Murphy Complete Pack, MISSING: An Interactive Thriller - Episode One) - $1
-Kraven Manor - Indie Gala Giveaway $0
-Omikron: The Nomad Soul - Giveaway Squareenix Online Store Free Promotion $0
-Power-Up - Giveaway $0
-Rover Rescue - Giveaway $0
-Soulbringer - Giveaway $0
-The Deer - Giveaway $0

Total: $1.00

Enjoy Windwaker!

and That's pretty good for $1

I went to try bomberman Generations next considering it was a Gamecube exclusive, what a shocker... couldn't believe how mediocre to bad that single player was, a bomber man game where you can freely walk around the place but you still have to try to kill enemies with the bombs from the old games, just a chore to do anything, played two stages before going to meta to see how it scored (rather than looking up games before playing them I've tasked myself with actually just playing each game first and taking a guess at what I would rate it and seeing how it lines up with the general consenus) Dear God it scored 81% from 19 reviewers.

I guess most of the good reviews talk about the multiplayer so the next time I've got 3 mates around I'm going to have to break out a few more wavebirds and see what that is like, but the single player... meeeehcity will be hard pressed to go back and complete it (altho I did read it is very very short)

also this review

Plays like Zelda with bombs instead of swords and shields."
A Zelda game with Bombs, can't imagine that... he'd have to have like... a bomb bag and stuff!
Also jumped into Bloody Roar and Black and Bruised, finished both of their stories with a few characters,
Bloody Roar looks fantastic still for a game from 2002, plays... a bit simplistic with some very odd AI learning curve issues, going from double perfects to boss's who will counter and block everything in the space of 2 or 3 stages, still tho, holds up well and graphics are still impressive for a 14 year old title.
Smoooth as butter frame rate too. Solid locked 60 fps in a fighting game really helps to keep it playable in 2016.
Black and Bruised tho.... a game with a fighting roster of a bunch of the worst kind of stereo types where you can pick a giant fat guy whos main story will involve him beating up women... and lots of "comedy" facial damage... it just had me asking all the time of playing it... "who is this game for" I mean the girls in it are created to be... "sexy" but then you take them into a fight and really the facial disfiguring is just fucked up, I can see from playing it why in Street fighter 4 they choose not to allow facial disfiguring to the girl characters with moves like Ryus Ultra 2, it just does not look right, game engine is fine tho, for 2 player I'd imagine could get a fair bit of craic out of it since you don't need to learn moves or the mechanics to do great in it, just a bit of mashing fun.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Sprash said:

Currently playing all games for the first time:

PS3:
The Last of us (after you encounter the clicker)
Uncharted 3 (Multiplayer)

PS1 (bought one again for 30€):
Final Fantasy 9 (playing right know^^)

PS TV:
Freedom Wars
God Eater Burst

Cool price on the Console but... some of if not most of the better PSone titles will set you back probably more than the cost of the system to get your hands on now, unless you happen to have a box of them saved from the 90s getting them from psn might be a better option if you have access to a ps3, every final fantasy game is currently half price here on the EU store until midnight tonight still if you were keen to play some of the older titles... and live in Germany so you could nab a few.

I know it isn't as much fun when you don't have 4 lovely disks full of Zidane Tribals tail tho! :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive