By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - That's a FINE story BROS

cycycychris said:
A lawyer posted a blog about this, its a good read about the legal side of this.... He is also going to file against these trademarks.

http://ryanmorrisonlaw.com/attorneys-react-the-fine-bros-react-trademark/

Nice find!

Around the Network

I just watched them lose 200 subs in like half a minute.
That's like 10 times my whole sub base hahah

cycycychris said:
A lawyer posted a blog about this, its a good read about the legal side of this.... He is also going to file against these trademarks.

http://ryanmorrisonlaw.com/attorneys-react-the-fine-bros-react-trademark/

“Why did I become a lawyer in the first place? Because someone has to look out for the people who have no one on their side.”                                                         – Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney

cycycychris said:
From what I read, its pretty fucked up. I'm happy they got exposed. Now, its time to see how they can recover. They make most money, from what I've read, from there sponsors, not Youtube. Stuff like this can really fuck them over if they start dropping them.

I really hope it will fuck them over very severly. Fuck them over so much that they never recover at all. And even that shouldn't be enough yet, I want them to be punished even further and let everyone and their mom watch it, so that other idiots trying to do similar bullshit don't even think about it anymore. Such toxic and lazy ass practices need to stop.

GoOnKid said:
cycycychris said:
From what I read, its pretty fucked up. I'm happy they got exposed. Now, its time to see how they can recover. They make most money, from what I've read, from there sponsors, not Youtube. Stuff like this can really fuck them over if they start dropping them.

I really hope it will fuck them over very severly. Fuck them over so much that they never recover at all. And even that shouldn't be enough yet, I want them to be punished even further and let everyone and their mom watch it, so that other idiots trying to do similar bullshit don't even think about it anymore. Such toxic and lazy ass practices need to stop.

Dayyyum, GoOnKid don't play around, son

Around the Network

I kinda liked their reaction videos at first, but then they started getting worse and more boring. Glad to see they are getting backlash.

EDit: Holy shit, they lost 140k subs in the past 5 days! Is that a record?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

StarOcean said:

Dayyyum, GoOnKid don't play around, son

Sorry but such cheap money grabbing drives me crazy.

RolStoppable said:

What they are doing is correct. I protect the formats that I am using on VGC as well. If other people are going to use the same framework, they should have the decency to ask for permission.

no, what they're doing is NOT okay

they're attempting to trademark terms that existed before they used them and are simply words. they currently have attempted to register trademarks for things like "kids react" or "elders react"

are you seriously implying that its logical or at all okay for them to attempt to stop ANYONE for using those phrases in a title? they didn't create those words and they certainly weren't the first to even make a video that said "Kids react to blah blah blah"

the Fine Bros have been totally found out to be ass holes. They have went as far as implying that big shows like the Ellen Show have 'stolen' their content/platform by simply having a segment where children were 'reacting' to things

they've also been using their lawyers to take down whole accounts on Youtube that have 'react' videos. yet they haven't attempted to do the same for bigger platforms that have the SAME exact sort of 'react' material. essentially they are using their size and lawyors to bully people who are perfectly in the right with their own original 'React' material

the Fine Bros are trying to paint what they are doing as simply making a community, when in reality they already have been attempting to essentially legally trademark the phrase 'react' online. for those who are not aware that would mean that to use a phrase like 'Kid reacts to surprise party' as a video title you would have to go through them

its absurd

also it most likely will fail. this is similar to Sony trying to trademark roleplaying or RPG or whatever it was they were doing recently. absolutely absurd. (sorry I can't quite remember what universal term in gaming Sony was trying to trademark recently hmmmph :/ )

the big difference though is that Fine Bros has blatantly lied about their angle repeatedly. they aren't just making a community. they're claiming that they are simply stopping people from copying their format, but really what they're trying to do is control WORDS. words and phrases that were used and existed long before Fine Bros was around

if you're subscribed to them do yourself a favor and unsubscribe. the last thing Youtube needs are greedy companies attempting to control words and phrases that have been around for forever in attempt to monetize others hard work

CWegzz said:
They also use a ton of other people's content in their own videos when they make the people react to other youtube videos for instance, but they don't ask for permission to use their footage, which is a bit hypocritical. Either way, it's been fun watching their subscribers drop.

it is incredibly ironic that Fine Bros makes video's using OTHERS content and now is attempting to trademark pretty universal words or phrases on Youtube. its absurd

and they can paint it howeve they want about their new 'community'. but conveniently they haven't mentioned in their recent announcement videos specfically about the fact that they are attempting to trademark certain phrases and words in titles. news flash Fine Bros: you don't have any power in dictating what common phrases and words people can use in titles

anyone can show their grandma something and then title a story or video "grandma reacts". under the Fine Bros logic no one should be able to do that. which is silly, as Fine Bros weren't the first to bring up a concept like that

I'm glad the company  is getting so much backlash

https://akshatmittal.com/youtube-realtime/#!/thefinebros