By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony may have been "overly ambitious", warns Pachter

207 pages?? And I thought I BS'd my way to 10 pages on papers...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
larry said:
FishyJoe said:
Stringer's already promised a 5% profit margin for '07. A big price cut on the PS3 will make that goal very difficult. If he doesn't deliver on on that promise, shareholders will be very unhappy.

again try to know before posting.

the PP of a ps3 has gone way below 600$ at the moment.

google for various japanese articles on THE PRESENT ps3 price breakdown.

We all know that ps3 is the winner next gen .

It is just a matter of time before the onslaught starts.

SONY has made 1.2 billion dollars in profit OVERALL....so theres no need to worry with BIG GUNS coming out from JUNE 2007.

x360 was the loser in april,2007.

out of 174 k x360s sold 67k were elites.

without a next gen player +massively watered down Xenon +no wifi .....x360 should have cost 300$ at best.

it all comes down to pc vs ps3.

although Cell beats any pc core(dua/quad/single) by 10:1

PCs have the edge in terms of graphics card.

BUT CELL can also do all graphical tasks so it all comes down to ps3 vs ps3

well luckily someone here isnt an xbot or nini like me.. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

larry said:
FishyJoe said:
Stringer's already promised a 5% profit margin for '07. A big price cut on the PS3 will make that goal very difficult. If he doesn't deliver on on that promise, shareholders will be very unhappy.

again try to know before posting.

It is just a matter of time before the onslaught starts.

SONY has made 1.2 billion dollars in profit OVERALL....so theres no need to worry with BIG GUNS coming out from JUNE 2007.

x360 was the loser in april,2007.

out of 174 k x360s sold 67k were elites.

without a next gen player +massively watered down Xenon +no wifi .....x360 should have cost 300$ at best.

it all comes down to pc vs ps3.

although Cell beats any pc core(dua/quad/single) by 10:1

PCs have the edge in terms of graphics card.

BUT CELL can also do all graphical tasks so it all comes down to ps3 vs ps3

the pc is years better then the ps3 will ever be. the graphics are the same and has been using 1080 res for years. computer monitors are much cheeper then HDTV's as well. also add in a physics chip and you get better effects then the ps3 has. and in a year you can upgrade to have better graphics and power then the ps3 has right now. the ps3 is stuck in a rut and no one really cares about it. the ps3 is seling right now at a gamcube pace and the wii is selling at a ps2 pace. and sony fanboys just cant see it yet. btw the cell burns one cell out and its toast and you have to pay another 600 for a new system. a core burns out in a pc you go buy a new processor and install it. which is bout 200 if that. hhmm to me the pss3 vs pc is easy the pc wins period.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

larry said:

I'm sorry, I was unable to find your phantom article. Would you be a doll and give us the link?

Dolla Dolla said:

I'm sorry, I was unable to find your phantom article. Would you be a doll and give us the link?

Good luck with that. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Unlike Pachter my stance never changed.

Ranking of Total Global Sales by 2010/2011:

1.  Wii

2.  360

3.  PS3 

Systems I CURRENTLY Own: PLAYSTATION 3, Nintendo Wii, PC

Call of Duty 4 - Rank: 54 General II - K/D Ratio: 2.50

Larry: "SONY has made 1.2 billion dollars in profit OVERALL....so theres no need to worry with BIG GUNS coming out from JUNE 2007." So June now huh? I thought it was supposed to be March. Oh well I guess I better pack up my wii in a few weeks to make space for the ps3. On that note I should probably pack up the TV, the PS3 will need the space. DigitalHero: Why didn't you buy a PS3, you have all of the other failed systems. Virtual Boy, 3DO, Ne0-Geo, Dreamcast....jk. Sorry couldn't resist.

superchunk said:
Larry: "SONY has made 1.2 billion dollars in profit OVERALL....so theres no need to worry with BIG GUNS coming out from JUNE 2007." So June now huh? I thought it was supposed to be March. Oh well I guess I better pack up my wii in a few weeks to make space for the ps3. On that note I should probably pack up the TV, the PS3 will need the space. DigitalHero: Why didn't you buy a PS3, you have all of the other failed systems. Virtual Boy, 3DO, Ne0-Geo, Dreamcast....jk. Sorry couldn't resist.

Sony has not made a profit, they are hemmoraging money and it is from there games division.Sony is still making a loss on every console sold, and analysts estimate that it will not make money on the product until next year at the earliest.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/71fd4a6c-0376-11dc-a931-000b5df10621.html 

My father had a profound influence on me - he was a lunatic

larry said:

Unfortunately for SONY, they are competeing in THIS Gen. What PS3 does NEXT gen is irrelevant.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Danman: I think Larry is saying that Sony made a profit, not the gaming division. The article you quote puts it at $600 Million for the year, not $1.2 billion though.