By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is God's existence objectively verifiable?

Well, is it objectively verifiable?

Yes 57 15.20%

Not Sure 20 5.33%

No 244 65.07%

What's objective mean? 16 4.27%

Results 38 10.13%

Total:375
d21lewis said:
We already totally 100% proved his undeniable existence in another thread from 2008. I'm not going to look for it now, though. Just take my word for it.

Jesus Christ; why didn't anyone publish this and settle the global debate once and for all? 

Seriously, that would make everything so much easier and then we could all just move on. 

Around the Network

It would be possible if God would exist. But he does not.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

First rule of anything, is to question it. Find out logical conclusions and not take any story as truths. Once you have a question or statement you put that to the test to find out for yourself if that makes sense. For myself, the bible is just a story written from, and for, mankind. Yes there is evidence of some people and some places existing from the bible, there better damn well be. You can come to the same evidence using most videogames. With time, stories always originate and transform into something local for the person writing/speaking about it.

But with all of that, I do not believe in a 'god.' I dont see the point of one for myself. I know a ton of people who use god to a excuse of why you should be nice and good. WHY should you have someone there that needs to watch you too be good? Shouldn't you just be a nice person as is? If a average religious person would go back 300 years, they would be total sinners by their standards.

I jump around in my thoughts too much and dont feel like prof reading any of that. Hopefully that all makes sense.

Potato.

~-~

How do you define God? For me, God is the creator of the genetic code system. Unless you can directly prove that such a system can evolve out of nowhere, there must be a creator of such a complex system somewhere inside or outside of our current universe. The most likely theory is that this genetic code found its way to earth by asteroid impacts.

So I believe in the existence of a God, defined as the creator of our genetic system which is the biological foundation of all species including plants, animals, fungus and dinosaurs.

You could objectively prove that here is no god by creating life from scratch or by observing the creation of life from scratch. But if you can create life from scratch, you may be a God by yourself.

Unless god or some other deity or deities decides to make a personal appearance then nope. On the other side of that, it's impossible to disprove that a deity or deities don't really exist because some people will always believe in some god regardless of what others think on it.

Around the Network
OutlawStar said:
First rule of anything, is to question it. Find out logical conclusions and not take any story as truths. Once you have a question or statement you put that to the test to find out for yourself if that makes sense. For myself, the bible is just a story written from, and for, mankind. Yes there is evidence of some people and some places existing from the bible, there better damn well be. You can come to the same evidence using most videogames. With time, stories always originate and transform into something local for the person writing/speaking about it.

But with all of that, I do not believe in a 'god.' I dont see the point of one for myself. I know a ton of people who use god to a excuse of why you should be nice and good. WHY should you have someone there that needs to watch you too be good? Shouldn't you just be a nice person as is? If a average religious person would go back 300 years, they would be total sinners by their standards.

I jump around in my thoughts too much and dont feel like prof reading any of that. Hopefully that all makes sense.

Potato.

I can't argue with potato.

The existence of God can be without a doubt proven. If ge appears and makes an imoossiblw feat kike turning all the worlds seas into marmelade and the houses to pudding. A truly godlike feat.

However the problem with God is (and the reason wht scienxw rejects the idea) that the idea is not falsifiable. This means therebis no prediction the idea has that can be checked and disproven. God can not be disproven. There is no metric how to check for his existence. So its generally not even a real theory.

etking said:
How do you define God? For me, God is the creator of the genetic code system. Unless you can directly prove that such a system can evolve out of nowhere, there must be a creator of such a complex system somewhere inside or outside of our current universe. The most likely theory is that this genetic code found its way to earth by asteroid impacts.

So I believe in the existence of a God, defined as the creator of our genetic system which is the biological foundation of all species including plants, animals, fungus and dinosaurs.

You could objectively prove that here is no god by creating life from scratch or by observing the creation of life from scratch. But if you can create life from scratch, you may be a God by yourself.

How does creating life from scratch disprove God? When you have the idea of a being like God he becomes unfalsifiable you cannot disprove it. You cannot disprove last Thursdayism the belief that the universe was made last Thursday and everything else was created then and your memories are planted.

It's why science doesn't bother with claims that cant be disproved because then a whole bunch of shit gets allowed Through

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

We do know there has been at least a 1000 religions, some estimates as high as 4,200 and that might just be current ones not religions now no longer practiced so we know humanity makes up bollocks about gods with 99.9 certainty as only one can be true if at all. Life has existed for 3-4 billion years on this planet and its been a very long road of evolution.

There is no place for god in reality. Reality is a hard place. The idea of injecting some moral being into what is basically chaos is just ridiculous. If a lion chases a zebra and rips it apart with its foal inside both brutally and painfully killed and consumed no god cares its just a process of survival which works much the same for single cell life or complicated multi-cell life.

Most of us can't be bothered to argue with people who have been indoctrinated to believe these ridiculous stories which are often incredibly strange and clearly heavily influenced by the violence of their times.

I mean the old testament where it has killing people and cutting off their fore skins to give as a wedding present or the bit where children ridicule a bald man only for god to kill the children by being ripped apart by bears.

You can't argue with people who choose what they want to believe rather than look at the evidence. That's basically insanity.

Of course not. God is in the same category as elves and fairies as far as this topic is concerned.

What you can do though is point out the many, many cases where God acts in an immoral way in the Bible, which at the very least falsifies the Abrahamic god, as he is supposed to hold perfect moral values.

Unless of course you consider it to be moral to offer your daughters to be raped by a group of people. Among other horrible actions approved or performed by God in the Bible.