By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is God's existence objectively verifiable?

Well, is it objectively verifiable?

Yes 57 15.20%

Not Sure 20 5.33%

No 244 65.07%

What's objective mean? 16 4.27%

Results 38 10.13%

Total:375

(19) And the stupor of death will bring Truth (before his eyes): "This was the thing which thou wast trying to escape!"
(20) And the Trumpet shall be blown: that will be the Day whereof Warning (had been given).
21) And there will come forth every soul: with each will be an (angel) to drive, and an (angel) to bear witness.
(22) (It will be said:) "Thou wast heedless of this; now have We removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this Day!"

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
Azuren said:

Dumb and ignorant are two different things.

And I know during the end of the dark ages and throughout the renaissance that only the dumbest of the dumb thought the earth was flat. But Ancient Greece? Flat Earth was part of their religion, man. And like I said, you don't devote that much time and architecture to things you don't believe.

Ok now with a little clarification sure maybe we are on the same page.  However I would further argue that it is irrelevant if people kinda thought the world was flat because their lack of availability to travel made it irrelevant to them.  

Therefore what I am saying is it would be unfair in my opinion to say that most people back then knew for a fact that the world was flat.

1. Most people probably put little thought into it and so saying they knew is too strong a word for how much they cared.
  2. Many philosophers and scientists back then talked about how the world was not flat
  3. Then that leaves us with the (not tiney) group of ultra religious people who needed the world to be flat for some of their stories to make sense.

What about the Norse? They were everywhere, and they believed in a Flat Earth.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Ok now with a little clarification sure maybe we are on the same page.  However I would further argue that it is irrelevant if people kinda thought the world was flat because their lack of availability to travel made it irrelevant to them.  

Therefore what I am saying is it would be unfair in my opinion to say that most people back then knew for a fact that the world was flat.

1. Most people probably put little thought into it and so saying they knew is too strong a word for how much they cared.
  2. Many philosophers and scientists back then talked about how the world was not flat
  3. Then that leaves us with the (not tiney) group of ultra religious people who needed the world to be flat for some of their stories to make sense.

What about the Norse? They were everywhere, and they believed in a Flat Earth.

Well I haven't done a ton of research with them, but pretty much everything I said applies I am sure.  Some believed it, some knew it was BS, and most really didn't care.

I wouldn't be at all surprised though if some cultures believed it more than others - although I do find it very weird that the Norse may be one of those that believed it so much.  I mean they were sailors and were the first Europeans that discovered America!  You would think they wouldn't believe such things...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]