By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has this gen been disappointing for you?

Has this gen been disappointing for you?

Yes 48 38.10%

No 78 61.90%

Total:126

Overall, no. I liked a lot of games that this gen had to offer and it's not over yet

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Azuren said:
barneystinson69 said:

This gen, the only game I'd consider a true classic would be The Witcher 3!

And excuse me? Bloodborne rocks Witcher 3's socks. 

I'm sorry if my opinion isn't the same as yours, but I didn't enjoy Bloodborne. I felt it was too similar to dark souls, which is way too hard (I got 1/2 way through, than called it quits...), and just isn't my kind of style. Either way, not a classic. MGS V could be added to the list, but I have to wait to play it.

Then we're going to have to disagree. Witcher 3, to me, will always be that consolation title that released on all platforms while PS4 users were busy finishing up the real masterpiece.

It had some similar elements to Dark Souls, but to say it plays too similarly implies you simply haven't played it. What Bloodborne demands of you compared to what Dark Souls demands are too completely separate styles of gameplay, and playing both games the same way would only invite failure in at least one of them.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I'm always surprised by the impatience of people online.

We are two years in... it's too freaking early to draw any respectable comparisons.

Not at all. I have been given classics to come back to such as Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Destiny (say what you want, it is addicting), a working version of FF14 on consoles, and many other great experiences that match anything the previous gen had to offer. To be honest, I think people are just more concerned about nitpicking games than playing them these days.

If you play just to focus on what you can find wrong with it...your gonna have a bad time.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Yeah compared to other gens, it feels like there's only like 2/3 years worth of games in the 8th gen...

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Azuren said:
barneystinson69 said:
Azuren said:
barneystinson69 said:

This gen, the only game I'd consider a true classic would be The Witcher 3!

And excuse me? Bloodborne rocks Witcher 3's socks. 

I'm sorry if my opinion isn't the same as yours, but I didn't enjoy Bloodborne. I felt it was too similar to dark souls, which is way too hard (I got 1/2 way through, than called it quits...), and just isn't my kind of style. Either way, not a classic. MGS V could be added to the list, but I have to wait to play it.

Then we're going to have to disagree. Witcher 3, to me, will always be that consolation title that released on all platforms while PS4 users were busy finishing up the real masterpiece.

It had some similar elements to Dark Souls, but to say it plays too similarly implies you simply haven't played it. What Bloodborne demands of you compared to what Dark Souls demands are too completely separate styles of gameplay, and playing both games the same way would only invite failure in at least one of them.

Yeah ok you got me there. I did play like a 15 minute session at a friends house, but I already knew I was playing something like Dark Souls when I died in the 15 minute mark. He also made me try to finish one of the boss fights, but no way in hell I was doing that...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
Azuren said:

Yeah ok you got me there. I did play like a 15 minute session at a friends house, but I already knew I was playing something like Dark Souls when I died in the 15 minute mark. He also made me try to finish one of the boss fights, but no way in hell I was doing that...

Bloodborne is actually a lot easier to groove into than Dark Souls. Dark Souls demands that you learn a new passive style of gameplay, waiting for opportunity and taking it as opposed to making an opportunity like most of today's gaming. Bloodborne is the latter, and it encourages [smart] aggressive gameplay. The idea of dodging and striking first is a more natural playstyle for many, so learning Bloodborne is easier than learning Dark Souls. In the end, though, it can also be more punishingly difficult, as there are fewer options to use in order to "cheese" (make easier through exploitative mechanics) bosses. DarkSouls has magic in it, but all Bloodborne has for cheesing is the Hunter's Axe's double knockdown (though Old Hunters gave us Simon's Bowblade).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I'm not. PS4 and XBONE have been putting out some great stuff. Way better than 2008 PS3 and 360. Wiiu is also better than the wii just because we aren't forced to use that horrid stick anymore. We get to choose now.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

For me, it's simple - the more you play games, the more jaded you become in general. Similar to movies. I gave no movie above a 7/10 on IMDB last year.