By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has this gen been disappointing for you?

Has this gen been disappointing for you?

Yes 48 38.10%

No 78 61.90%

Total:126
fatslob-:O said:
barneystinson69 said:

I've played plenty of 8th gen games. In fact, over 15k GS from the XB1 alone.

How about a list ?

The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Halo 5, DR3, Ryse, all the COD games (I had an embargo, but 30$ for BO3), Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, FIFA 15 (yes yes), GTA V, Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Assassin's Creed IV (great game, actually this could be a classic), Far Cry 4, Assassins Creed Unity, Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Halo MCC, Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, and I think that's it.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Halo 5, DR3, Ryse, all the COD games (I had an embargo, but 30$ for BO3), Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, FIFA 15 (yes yes), GTA V, Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Assassin's Creed IV (great game, actually this could be a classic), Far Cry 4, Assassins Creed Unity, Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Halo MCC, Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, and I think that's it.

While I've not played Fallout 4 yet I think it could become a classic one day ... 

I found Far Cry 4 to be very good. I think you maybe missing out on some like Dragon Age: Inqusition, Shadow of Mordor, MGS V, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat X, and Batman Arkham Knight ... 

What about smaller gems too like Child of Light or Undertale ? 

Plus later this year we'll have a good amount of options too so the least you could do is defer your judgement until then and if you didn't like this year we'll have 3 more years to go ... 

barneystinson69 said:

While I've not played Fallout 4 yet I think it could become a classic one day ... 

I found Far Cry 4 to be very good. I think you maybe missing out on some like Dragon Age: Inqusition, Shadow of Mordor, MGS V, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat X, and Batman Arkham Knight ... 

What about smaller gems too like Child of Light or Undertale ? 

Plus later this year we'll have a good amount of options too so the least you could do is defer your judgement until then and if you didn't like this year we'll have 3 more years to go ... 

I did play a bit of Child of Light (it was free with GFG awhile back) but I bever enjoyed it. Haven't had time for MGS V. Same with ROTR. Didn't really like Dragon Age from what I saw, same with Shadow of Mordor. Don't really like fighting games, and I don't support Warner for what they did.  

As for Far Cry 4, it is a good game, but its far too similar to Far Cry 3, other than setting. The gameplay is almost the same, and I feel Ubisoft was just ready to make another game with an Assassins Creed formula.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

I did play a bit of Child of Light (it was free with GFG awhile back) but I bever enjoyed it. Haven't had time for MGS V. Same with ROTR. Didn't really like Dragon Age from what I saw, same with Shadow of Mordor. Don't really like fighting games, and I don't support Warner for what they did.  

As for Far Cry 4, it is a good game, but its far too similar to Far Cry 3, other than setting. The gameplay is almost the same, and I feel Ubisoft was just ready to make another game with an Assassins Creed formula.

What did Warner do to gain your contempt ? 

I don't want Ubisoft to change the Far Cry 3 formula too much. It's not all about innovation in the game mechanics, it's about making quality games with quality content IMO. I'm not very excited for Far Cry Primal for that very reason since their trying too hard ... 

I think your also forgetting the Nintendo and Playstation side too with your list ...

Its alright. It would be better if there were less droughts.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

What did Warner do to gain your contempt ? 

I don't want Ubisoft to change the Far Cry 3 formula too much. It's not all about innovation in the game mechanics, it's about making quality games with quality content IMO. I'm not very excited for Far Cry Primal for that very reason since their trying too hard ... 

I think your also forgetting the Nintendo and Playstation side too with your list ...

I don't play on Playstation or Nintendo (at least not this gen). 

As for Warner, well they spat on PC gamers. Even if I'm not one, it was a shitty attitude from them. And as for Far Cry, I worry it'll become Assassin's Creed, the same thing every year. 

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. : D I've gotten a fair share of games I really enjoy. I don't think I have been disappointed with any gen...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Just last year we've had big games like Metal Gear Solid 5, Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 but non of them were actually my "Goty" so it's doing ok so far.

.- -... -.-. -..

not disappointed in the games just the sales.. it's this way for me every gen

barneystinson69 said:

I don't play on Playstation or Nintendo (at least not this gen). 

As for Warner, well they spat on PC gamers. Even if I'm not one, it was a shitty attitude from them. And as for Far Cry, I worry it'll become Assassin's Creed, the same thing every year. 

If your not a PC gamer why worry how Warner handles them ? Aside from EA, most publishers don't give a shit about PC and and I've come to accept that when we're the minority as far as revenues go. It just doesn't make sense for you to single out Warner when others are almost as guilty and if your protesting them for just the principal it also doesn't make much sense from a personal perspective ... 

As for Far Cry think of it like this, if you think they had a perfect formula as far as game mechanics go then why even change it ? Is Assassain's Creed literally the same thing every year like you say it is ?