By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has this gen been disappointing for you?

Has this gen been disappointing for you?

Yes 48 38.10%

No 78 61.90%

Total:126
Azuren said:
I also want to point out that the percentage of people who aren't disappointed with the generation is strangely close to the percentage of PS4's market share. Just saying.

Was that really necessary? That only PS gamers are happy, and that everyone with Nintendo isn't?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

No. I never set my hopes too high. What makes a good generation to me is the new franchises like Destiny and Splatoon.

Nah, its been pretty good.

fatslob-:O said:
barneystinson69 said:

No, copy and pasteing a game pisses me off. Look, it doesn't need to be totally revamped, but don't tell me you'd play the same game 50 times. I loved ACIV, because it took risks, and ended up great! But Rogue feels like the same as Unity, except for a different setting! Far Cry 4 was pretty good, but now they're just trying to repeat the formula over and over again!

But they aren't copying and pasting games ... 

Same EXACT games you mean ? 

Far Cry 4 was repeating the same formula over and over again despite being a second mold from Far Cry 3 ? I'm also pretty sure that Far Cry 4 had some of it's own changes too ... 

Yep repeating a formula once is over and over again lol he's also ignoring that the entry right after Far Cry 4 is Primal which seems to be a pretty drastic change.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

Yep repeating a formula once is over and over again lol he's also ignoring that the entry right after Far Cry 4 is Primal which seems to be a pretty drastic change.

It really is hence why I'm not very excited for that game ... 

There's hardly any competent mid to long range gameplay to be had and I'm not a fan of bows or spears and the like ... 

Around the Network

3ds + Wii U + PC masterrace. Feels good.

zorg1000 said:

It really is hence why I'm not very excited for that game ... 

There's hardly any competent mid to long range gameplay to be had and I'm not a fan of bows or spears and the like ... 

I'm kinda confused why it's not simply it's own series.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

I'm guessing Ubisoft needs this game to sell and what better way than to leech off an established IP ? 

zorg1000 said:

I'm guessing Ubisoft needs this game to sell and what better way than to leech off an established IP ? 

I guess, just seems odd based on how immensely different it seems. They had Watch Dogs in 2014 & For Honor later this year so it's not like they are opposed to new IP without any brand attachment.

zorg1000 said:

I guess, just seems odd based on how immensely different it seems. They had Watch Dogs in 2014 & For Honor later this year so it's not like they are opposed to new IP without any brand attachment.

Eh, most Far Cry games have been very different to each other but it's just I didn't expect one without guns ... 

So using the Far Cry IP maybe an OK fit ...