By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Titanfall, Battlefield And Mass Effect Andromeda Confirmed For This Fiscal Year

During Electronic Arts’ quarterly financial conference call CFO Blake Jorgensen gave information on the biggest titles we can expect this fiscal year, ending on March 31st, 2017.

A new Battlefield game by DICE will be released in time for the holidays, a “new Titanfall experience” will come from Respawn, on top of Mass Effect Andromeda that will launch “later in the fiscal year.”

We also heard that CEO Andrew Wilson has already seen the new Titanfall game, and it looks “fantastic.” Wilson also mentioned that the relationship with Respawn is “very strong,” and more details will be provided in the coming months.

Jorgensen also clarified later in the call that we “should assume” that both the new Titanfall game and  Mass Effect Andromeda will come in the second half of the fiscal year, which means between October 1st, 2016 and March 31st, 2017.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/01/28/new-battlefield-fantastic-titanfall-and-mass-effect-andromeda-this-fiscal-year-confirmed-by-electronic-arts/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Looking forward to all 3.

Will Titanfall 2 be a multiplat? That is the question. And who will win the fight to market the new Mass Effect?

The PS5 Exists. 

Another ho-hum, by the numbers set of games which we have all been playing endlessly for years now. Innovation, where be thy? I seriously miss the days when games like Toejam & Earl, Earthworm Jim were able to sell copies. Hell, I'll even take the PS1/PS2 era where we had sandbox, JRPG, racing sims, survival horror games selling well. So much more diverse.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Another ho-hum, by the numbers set of games which we have all been playing endlessly for years now. Innovation, where be thy? I seriously miss the days when games like Toejam & Earl, Earthworm Jim were able to sell copies. Hell, I'll even take the PS1/PS2 era where we had sandbox, JRPG, racing sims, survival horror games selling well. So much more diverse.

There's stacks of diversity this generation.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

There's stacks of diversity this generation.

Yes but the most creative and innovative games are usually selling a 10th of what COD sells. This wasn't the case back in the day. Sales were more even between genres. During the PS2 era, JRPG and racing sims sold about as well as GTA. A game like Devil May Cry was a hit. It's not like that anymore. If it doesn't have guns, it hardly sells. No online play? Good luck selling copies. New IP? Good luck with that.

I am aware I sound like Cranky Kong... but these darn kids... they don't know a good game if they saw one! lol

AlfredoTurkey said:

Yes but the most creative and innovative games are usually selling a 10th of what COD sells. This wasn't the case back in the day. Sales were more even between genres. During the PS2 era, JRPG and racing sims sold about as well as GTA. A game like Devil May Cry was a hit. It's not like that anymore. If it doesn't have guns, it hardly sells. No online play? Good luck selling copies. New IP? Good luck with that.

I am aware I sound like Cranky Kong... but these darn kids... they don't know a good game if they saw one! lol

I think this is being slowly redressed. It took quite a few years for this industry to get itself stuck in the FPS rut and it's going to take a few years for it to get out of it.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Will Titanfall 2 be a multiplat? That is the question. And who will win the fight to market the new Mass Effect?

I hope its Xbox, as it was the birthplace of Mass Effect. I also think Microsoft should get marketing for the new battlefield, especially considering the lose of COD.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Why I have a feeling that both Titanfall and Mass Effect will be timed exclusive?

For me Titanfall is one of the best games this gen(and Halo 5)