By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony FY2016 Q3 results out, 993$ million profit, 21.3$ Billion revenue, 8.4 Million PS4s shipped!

AEGRO said:

Where are the PS3 numbers, where are the Vita numbers, where are the software numbers for each platform?

Sony ain't better than Microsoft, they only show the numbers that are in favor to them and try to hide the rest.

I joined this site on 2014, so im not aware of the 7th Gen situation.

Since the beginning of the 8th Gen, ive been noticing that Sony is more open to share numbers than the rest of the Big 3 so i cant complain from what ive seen so far.

Im really not interested in the 7th Gen figures. Wii (1st Place), Ps3 (2nd Place) and Xbox 360 (3rd Place). We all know this.

And the Vita. Well the Vita is irrelevant imo.

P.D. I have the Vita and i love it, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Time to move on.

You realize that they are more open to showing those numbers because they're good? Otherwise they'd be shuffled and hidden like the Vita numbers.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Stock up 15% which is not as good as I thought would happen actually, it just takes it back to where it was in December, still a long way off its peak in the last year.

I dont think it would be rational for the stock to go up 100% (its peak last year) on this earnings report.  15% is good start, the stock was extremely oversold due to  the market malaise and its image sensoring business.

Dang, the gaming division is pulling waaay ahead of everything else. Billion dollar profits? Sony is living the dream about now.

kowenicki said:
Stock up 15% which is not as good as I thought would happen actually, it just takes it back to where it was in December, still a long way off its peak in the last year.

Devices segment full year forecast being down 80 Billion Yen is probably the culprit. They've been investing heavily there, and it doesn't exactly instill confidence when it dissapoints majorly. Luckily some other segments outperformed and picked up the slack.

Like night and day compared to a couple of years back. Glad to see it!

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
AEGRO said:

Where are the PS3 numbers, where are the Vita numbers, where are the software numbers for each platform?

Sony ain't better than Microsoft, they only show the numbers that are in favor to them and try to hide the rest.

I joined this site on 2014, so im not aware of the 7th Gen situation.

Since the beginning of the 8th Gen, ive been noticing that Sony is more open to share numbers than the rest of the Big 3 so i cant complain from what ive seen so far.

Im really not interested in the 7th Gen figures. Wii (1st Place), Ps3 (2nd Place) and Xbox 360 (3rd Place). We all know this.

And the Vita. Well the Vita is irrelevant imo.

P.D. I have the Vita and i love it, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Time to move on.

You realize that they are more open to showing those numbers because they're good? Otherwise they'd be shuffled and hidden like the Vita numbers.

Even during Sony's worst gen, they did not hide the numbers like MS does for Xbox One. So no.

Ljink96 said:
Dang, the gaming division is pulling waaay ahead of everything else. Billion dollar profits? Sony is living the dream about now.

I may be reading it wrong infact I sure I am but I'm seeing gaming division profits around 40m not a billion?  can you source me the profit for gaming the last quarter?  

BraLoD said:
Good, profit xP
So, how many PS4 shipped LTD?

37.7M, I believe.

Stock is almost 17% up almost recouping the lost ground in recent months. A positive media reveal of psvr info can boost it even more. I hope they do that before march 31.
Good results for them. Hope they can pull a full year with profit.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

CGI-Quality said:
OneKartVita said:
Ljink96 said:

I may be reading it wrong infact I sure I am but I'm seeing gaming division profits around 40m not a billion?  can you source me the profit for gaming the last quarter? 

The gaming and network operating income, if I understand it right, is $335m.

Oh right so he was probably multiplying that by 4 to get a full year gaming profit of 1BN. Well it doesn't work that way because profits for the holiday quarter are higher than others.  

Still a good profit that will greatly increase over the coming years.