By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony FY2016 Q3 results out, 993$ million profit, 21.3$ Billion revenue, 8.4 Million PS4s shipped!

justinian said:
Considering they were declared "dead" by many "experts" on this forum and elsewhere a few years ago this is some turnaround. Quite remarkable really.

Sony, by the helm of Kaz Hirai has been making the right moves to become a healthy company step by step.

Im just glad he is in charge of the company. He is been working with Sony since 1984 so whos better than him to know the intricacies of the company?

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
RolStoppable said:
AEGRO said:
The Playstation 4 is Killing it.

Im just glad Sony reveal concrete numbers when it comes to their Video Game division so we can have an idea of how things are going.

I hate when companies hide the numbers, especially when it comes to Video Games.

Then I have bad news for you: Sony is hiding numbers.

Arent the Ps4 numbers clear enough?

Where are the PS3 numbers, where are the Vita numbers, where are the software numbers for each platform?

Sony ain't better than Microsoft, they only show the numbers that are in favor to them and try to hide the rest.

Where are the PS3 numbers, where are the Vita numbers, where are the software numbers for each platform?

Sony ain't better than Microsoft, they only show the numbers that are in favor to them and try to hide the rest.

I joined this site on 2014, so im not aware of the 7th Gen situation.

Since the beginning of the 8th Gen, ive been noticing that Sony is more open to share numbers than the rest of the Big 3 so i cant complain from what ive seen so far.

Im really not interested in the 7th Gen figures. Wii (1st Place), Ps3 (2nd Place) and Xbox 360 (3rd Place). We all know this.

And the Vita. Well the Vita is irrelevant imo.

P.D. I have the Vita and i love it, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Time to move on.

almost a billion in profit is great news. it's good to see sony on stable ground at the moment.

AEGRO said:

Since the beginning of the 8th Gen, ive been noticing that Sony is more open to share numbers than the rest of the Big 3 so i cant complain from what ive seen so far.

Im really not interested in the 7th Gen figures. Wii (1st Place), Ps3 (2nd Place) and Xbox 360 (3rd Place). We all know this.

And the Vita. Well the Vita is irrelevant imo.

P.D. I have the Vita and i love it, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Time to move on.

@Bolded, we don't know this, the race between 360 and PS3 is so close that we won't get the answer to this because both Sony and MS haven't shared numbers.

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:
PowerXXX said:
PS4 is saving Sony.

Also it's time for a new line of phones. It's time to leave the Xperia brand and create something brand new. I love Xperia phones but it's time for a change. They need to bring something new on the table.

Or just drop out of the phone market completely. Aren't there enough phone companies as it is? Plus, when is the last time Sony made a phone that people were going crazy to own?

Not completly they should stop making phone only because Sony is the one who make Iphone cameras

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Signalstar said:
It's a miracle their Pictures division profited. Was a horrible year for their films but I guess TV programming also pulls weight.

These figures aren't for the year just the last 3 months of 2015 where Sony had Specte and Hotel Translyvania 2 so it's no wonder the pictures division posted a profit.

AEGRO said:

Sony is more open to share numbers as Nintendo???

Nintendo is the only of the three who keeps its numbers transparent, even if they are not in their favor.

Conina said:
AEGRO said:

Sony is more open to share numbers as Nintendo???

Nintendo is the only of the three who keeps its numbers transparent, even if they are not in their favor.

Thanks for the links, nice to see that info.

Great to see Sony have steadied the ship. What was the profit in the gaming sector?