By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Danish teen fought off her attacker - now she'll face fine. A 17-year-old girl who was physically and sexually attacked in Sønderborg will herself face charges for being in possession of Pepper spay,

Chazore said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

pepper spray being illigal to carry is ridiculous. That needs to be changed. If she's the weaker person the only way to equal the force is the use pepper spray

That's more or less been my main focus, the fact she cannot carry it blows my mind especially with known cases of rape or assult with how such a spray has saved them along with Tasers.

It surprises me that a country like Denmark that's the case. Yeah you have a low crime rate but jesus it's not like it's lethal force. You can pepper spray up a school or whatever. 

Damn.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:

It surprises me that a country like Denmark that's the case. Yeah you have a low crime rate but jesus it's not like it's lethal force. You can pepper spray up a school or whatever. 

Damn.

I forgot about this gem

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Damn.

I forgot about this gem

Oh police

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

FromDK said:

sc94597 said:

What exactly does the Danish government recommend a woman to do if she is being raped/assaulted and nobody is around?

First.. The daninsh goverment don't "recommend" any.. thats up the the police/healtsystem who has nothing to do with the goverment.. :)

But I think the recommendation is to sceam for help.. and try to get free.. And if the man is to strong/evil.. "wait" it out and call police after.

The police doesn't have anything do with the government? What? Are not police instituted to enforce laws, like the one which the government made to prohibit the carry of pepper spray? Certainly the government is involved here. Such events are the fruition of goverment policies. 

The bolded is very disgusting. So much for the Nordic paradise. 

KungKras said:
sc94597 said:

Why exactly is pepper spray illegal in the first place? How many violent crimes are commited with pepper spray in places it is legal? What exactly does the Danish government recommend a woman to do if she is being raped/assaulted and nobody is around?

I could just as easily ask you what the US goverment recommends doing if some asshole decides to pepper spray you into blindness because of a personal dispute.

Unlike pepper-spray assaults, rape assaults actually exist at a high enough proportion and have much more devastating effects (mental health issues.) Pepper spray saves more people than it harms by probably an order of magnitude (albeit I haven't looked into actual statistics on this matter.) 

Around the Network
pokoko said:
m0ney said:
pokoko said:
As for why pepper spray might be illegal, I would assume that it has to do with how dangerous it can be, including possible fatal consequences.

That's ridiculous, almost anything around us can be used as a fatal weapon, how about arms and legs, let's make them illegal.

Come on, don't be silly.  You know that doesn't make any sense.  Don't stoop to nonsense arguments, not unless you're saying nothing should be illegal, ever.

Even though his example was poor, he brings up a good point. I can kill somebody more effectively with a rock than with pepper spray. Pepper spray is meant to suppress attackers, not kill them. 

NobleTeam360 said:
sc94597 said:

Why exactly is pepper spray illegal in the first place? How many violent crimes are commited with pepper spray in places it is legal? What exactly does the Danish government recommend a woman to do if she is being raped/assaulted and nobody is around?

Take it and hope the police catch whoever did it. 

And if the attacker decides they don't want a witness? This argument is anti-human, immoral, and really has the net effect of making women and other physically weaker persons scared to leave their homes. Rape isn't rare enough to say, "just take it." 

I don't see the problem here. She is fined for possession and usage of an illegal weapon, not for defending herself. I'm pretty sure if she asks for some public donations she can easily raise the sum of the fine.

sc94597 said:
pokoko said:

Come on, don't be silly.  You know that doesn't make any sense.  Don't stoop to nonsense arguments, not unless you're saying nothing should be illegal, ever.

Even though his example was poor, he brings up a good point. I can kill somebody more effectively with a rock than with pepper spray. Pepper spray is meant to suppress attackers, not kill them. 

But it is believed that it can lead to complications that result in death.  That's the entire reason why some people believe the police should not use it.  

I haven't even said whether or not I think it should be illegal but, as someone who has been caught in an enclosed space when someone used it while playing around, I have zero problem with it being discussed.  It's not a joke.  Pepper spray is bad shit that is not to be taken lightly and the potential for abuse is pretty damn high.  Imagine someone spraying it in a night club or at a clerk before grabbing their goods and running.  The way people have been talking in this thread, you'd think the only possible use is by potential rape victims, which is painfully naive.  

This is what happens when you allow men's rights activists to have a say.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.