By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One from a PlayStation Fan Point of View

slab_of_bacon said:
Lrdfancypants said:
Mr Puggsly said:

When games are multiplat I think we get more objective opinions.

"Objective opinions"

My favorite opinions by far. 

If you think they are referring to absolutely objective opinions, you are mistaken.  He's referring to people's sentiments becoming more objective overall and not ones made purely from fact.  I hope that clears things up.

Lol, someone still snippy I see!  

I think "objective opinions" are a "definite possibility"!

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:

Strictly speaking I've owned a 360 but I still consider myself a PlayStation fan.

We all know that the Xbox One launch was a castastrophe, it was so bad that that hundreds of millions of dollars that went into launching the god damn thing was being thrown away every time Mattrick spoke a word.

The whole concept of the original Xbox was just very anti-consumer with restrictions on used games and 24hr check-ins to make sure you still had the game. Personally I couldn't care less if I bought a game and couldn't sell it without taking it to a authorised agent. I don't buy old games, I always buy new or digital. But it just felt wrong! Did the media overreact? For the majority of things, yes, but that's what the media does, it finds the latest band wagon and they all jump on. Bad news spreads like wildfire and filters onto social site, forums and before you know it you have the whole world against you. Needless to say, if it's harsh or not, it's happening and you can't do anything about it.

Then they made the best decisions they could ever make, kicked Don to the kerb, gagged Phil Harrison before also kicking him to the kerb and promoted another Phil to the Head of Xbox. Love or hate Phil Spencer he's given the Xbox team a laser guided focus on games. There's was a transition period were the Xbox went from - original vision, to lack of identity, a gamers game console. It's gone from a console that was destined for doom to a console that I want to buy. Something I thought they couldn't recover from 2 years ago. It's probable that the PS4 will win this gen but that doesn't really matter as long as the console is great, which I can finally now say.

What are your thoughts? Mention if you are a Sony, Nintendo, Xbox or PC fan.

As an Xbox fan, you pretty much summed up my thoughts... I do own a Vita and PS3 and owned a PSOne and PSP and think they gave a lot of flack to the PS3 when it was a pretty good console and the same people are now doing the same to the XONE. I guess reassurance is a good way to describe their posts... 

Mr Puggsly said:
Lrdfancypants said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, I believe Sony fans exagerate the quality of Playstation exclusives. This was evident with PS3 as well, I mean Killzone was treated as a Halo killer for a brief period.

1) That isn't objective.

2) User reviews of exclusives are often tainted with bias, trolls, etc.

3) The only objective option I can say is Nintendo, Sony, and MS deliver very different gaming experience. Sony's focus is cinematics and I can appreciate that.

"Objective opinions"

Yeah, those are the ones where you atleast try to be objective. Versus saying... everything on the other platforms sucks. Something single console owners have a tendency to do (especially when that single console is a PS4).

I usually find when an arguement gets started from opposing sides being objective tends to fall by the wayside.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Lrdfancypants said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, I believe Sony fans exagerate the quality of Playstation exclusives. This was evident with PS3 as well, I mean Killzone was treated as a Halo killer for a brief period.

1) That isn't objective.

3) The only objective option I can say is Nintendo, Sony, and MS deliver very different gaming experience. Sony's focus is cinematics and I can appreciate that.

"Objective opinions"

Yeah, those are the ones where you atleast try to be objective. Versus saying... everything on the other platforms sucks. Something single console owners have a tendency to do (especially when that single console is a PS4).

I usually find when an arguement gets started from opposing sides being objective usually falls by the wayside.

+1.  Every gen (At least in my experience) XBOX fans get insulting and throw facts away WAY faster than PC, Sony, or Nintendo fans.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Rafie said:
I think the Xbox One will start to garner more positive reaction from the gaming community this year with the great games coming. I know this is off topic, but are console doing well in China?

Nah 2016 is the year the X1 gets buried.  Tomb Raider coming to PS4 and selling 3x the copies will be the symbolic conclusion.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

"There's was a transition period were the Xbox went from - original vision, to lack of identity, a gamers game console."

i kind of disagree with that statement. i'll agree that xbox made a huge turnaround from the pre-release vision and that turn around was great but this year you can really see how ms is backing away from the xbox console and shifting priority and resources to windows 10. so i'd say this is more accurate:

"There's was a transition period were the Xbox went from - original vision, to lack of identity, a gamers game console, to let out to pasture"

Yep.  Wouldn't be surprised if an Xbox 1.5 / 2 comes out 2017 (Or even LATE this year).

Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:

1) That isn't objective.

LOL just because you say it isn't right?

Yeah it seems like they are biased towards MS games. 

Except Bloodborne, LBP, and The Tomorrow Children completely contradict what you are saying - in fact there are no XBOX equivalents to these games.  Furthermore, Killzone and Resistance had very little cutscenes.  I would argue Gears of War is far more about cinematics, and Halo is no less about them.

Yep you remove the reviewer bump XBOX games get.

In bold above.  Overall you continue to have zero facts to back up your claims.

No, I feel critics have bias and sometimes give games higher scores then deserved simply because they like the story in a game. Espeically if it tugs the heart strings. But those games generally aren't remembered as fondly in the long run. I think Batman:AK is a recent title that fall into that, because that game was shit but scored well.

MS games score well when they're genuinely great. But titles with average gameplay can score extremely well if they have a REALLY good story telling (such as Last of Us and Uncharted).

Bloodborne may be a Sony IP, but From Software is the brains of that operation. Its also more of the same of their previous games. Anyhow, I was talking about the Sony software that gets the most attention. Its the cinematic stuff Sony is more known for. The single player of Halo and Gears is story driven, but they have something Killzone and Resistance lack... good multiplayer.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I am happy I am not the only one who hates Bloodborne. I don't hate it for being a Sony and From game. I hate it because I JUST HATE THAT GAME GENRE!

Eddie_Raja said:
Rafie said:
I think the Xbox One will start to garner more positive reaction from the gaming community this year with the great games coming. I know this is off topic, but are console doing well in China?

Nah 2016 is the year the X1 gets buried.  Tomb Raider coming to PS4 and selling 3x the copies will be the symbolic conclusion.

Gears will probably throw a line for the XONE to hold on. Then it will resurrect... 

Also, no one is releasing a 1.5! If anything, MS might end the Xbox One early once the NX closes the gap and move on to the Xbox Windows... 

Sprash said:
Why do we all give don mattrick so much hate? I mean he wasn't the only one in charge and I don't think he had that much power to make quick decisions nor would he had enough power to say "no let's not do that". The whole company was behind that not just don mattrick.
the only thing I would say what a idiot he was were his comments like no internet? buy a xbox 360 ect., but funny enough phil spencer also made some "dumb" or rather questionable comments that were controversial discussed on vgchartz.

In some ways you are right, MS chose the direction of the Xbox and bought in the man that was best suited for it. But some of Don's PR was bad, mostly taken out of context but if you are under fire, it's best to take shelter instead of handing the enemy ammo.