By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One from a PlayStation Fan Point of View

Mr Puggsly said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:

2) Its not that I don't "like" those games. They simply aren't as great as many Sony fans boast. Hence, I can enjoy games but still see they are over rated. 

So again your entire argument hinges on you assuming your opinion and personal tastes are fact and trump other peoples taste.  Let's see I have established:

1) By measurable metrics, which are the only objective ways of evaluating things: we can say that there are more PS4 games, and they are on average rated higher.

2) Playstation games have user reviews off the charts relative to Xbox games.   I looked at Bloodborne, TLOU, InFamous, and Until Dawn - they all had user reviews around the same as their high website reviews.  On the other hand Halo 5, Titanfall, and even Gears: Ultimate had user scores notably lower than reviewer scores (Somtimes drastically lower).  In fact it would be easy to support an argument that online reviews are biased towards XBOX, and not the other way around.

And you have said yourself:

3) Playstation gamers boast the most about how good their games are.

From where I am sitting it looks like you just flat out have a taste in gaming biased against Playstation (Which could and is most likely totally a coincidence.  I am not saying you are a fanboy at all).  But again, you have no evidence to support your claims.  It is clear Playstation has games just as good as XBOX or better, and therefore I restate my argument that XBOX is by all means a worse version of Playstation; and needs to find a better way to focus their brand.

No, I believe Sony fans exagerate the quality of Playstation exclusives. This was evident with PS3 as well, I mean Killzone was treated as a Halo killer for a brief period.

1) That isn't objective.

2) User reviews of exclusives are often tainted with bias, trolls, etc.

3) The only objective option I can say is Nintendo, Sony, and MS deliver very different gaming experience. Sony's focus is cinematics and I can appreciate that.

When games are multiplat I think we get more objective opinions.

My favorite games so far this generation include Bloodborne, inFAMOUS: Second Son, and Destiny. My most anticipated game this year is Ni-Oh. Stuff like Killzone doesn't interest me. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I'd really like to see MS come out with the digital store that lets you sell used digital games they talked about. 

I'm not sure how that'd work but I'm interested.  I went almost all digital this gen.  Bring back their share plan as well. Two interesting ideas that got scrapped.  

Edit: as for fan I'm not sure. I don't think it matters as long as it does what I want.  I don't care what the name on the box is.  

I had Commodore 64/Vic 20 when younger then an intellivision and NES.  I played on PC for a long time and still do but came back to consoles on the 360.  So I don't really have a foundational history in any particular console brand. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Mr Puggsly said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:

2) Its not that I don't "like" those games. They simply aren't as great as many Sony fans boast. Hence, I can enjoy games but still see they are over rated. 

So again your entire argument hinges on you assuming your opinion and personal tastes are fact and trump other peoples taste.  Let's see I have established:

1) By measurable metrics, which are the only objective ways of evaluating things: we can say that there are more PS4 games, and they are on average rated higher.

2) Playstation games have user reviews off the charts relative to Xbox games.   I looked at Bloodborne, TLOU, InFamous, and Until Dawn - they all had user reviews around the same as their high website reviews.  On the other hand Halo 5, Titanfall, and even Gears: Ultimate had user scores notably lower than reviewer scores (Somtimes drastically lower).  In fact it would be easy to support an argument that online reviews are biased towards XBOX, and not the other way around.

From where I am sitting it looks like you just flat out have a taste in gaming biased against Playstation (Which could and is most likely totally a coincidence.  I am not saying you are a fanboy at all).  But again, you have no evidence to support your claims.  It is clear Playstation has games just as good as XBOX or better, and therefore I restate my argument that XBOX is by all means a worse version of Playstation; and needs to find a better way to focus their brand.

No, I believe Sony fans exagerate the quality of Playstation exclusives. This was evident with PS3 as well, I mean Killzone was treated as a Halo killer for a brief period.

1) That isn't objective.

3) The only objective option I can say is Nintendo, Sony, and MS deliver very different gaming experience. Sony's focus is cinematics and I can appreciate that.

"Objective opinions"

My favorite opinions by far. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
Mr Puggsly said:

"Objective opinions"

If you think they are referring to absolutely objective opinions, you are mistaken.  He's referring to people's sentiments becoming more objective overall and not ones made purely from fact.  I hope that clears things up.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Lrdfancypants said:
Mr Puggsly said:

1) That isn't objective.

"Objective opinions"

Yeah, those are the ones where you atleast try to be objective. Versus saying... everything on the other platforms sucks. Something single console owners have a tendency to do (especially when that single console is a PS4).

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

^^^^

There was a time you were guilty of doing that with the Xbox One. Not saying everything else sucked, but you downplayed it.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

I think the Xbox One will start to garner more positive reaction from the gaming community this year with the great games coming. I know this is off topic, but are console doing well in China?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

"There's was a transition period were the Xbox went from - original vision, to lack of identity, a gamers game console."

i kind of disagree with that statement. i'll agree that xbox made a huge turnaround from the pre-release vision and that turn around was great but this year you can really see how ms is backing away from the xbox console and shifting priority and resources to windows 10. so i'd say this is more accurate:

"There's was a transition period were the Xbox went from - original vision, to lack of identity, a gamers game console, to let out to pasture"

Mr Puggsly said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:

1) That isn't objective.

LOL just because you say it isn't right?

Yeah it seems like they are biased towards MS games. 

Except Bloodborne, LBP, and The Tomorrow Children completely contradict what you are saying - in fact there are no XBOX equivalents to these games.  Furthermore, Killzone and Resistance had very little cutscenes.  I would argue Gears of War is far more about cinematics, and Halo is no less about them.

Yep you remove the reviewer bump XBOX games get.

In bold above.  Overall you continue to have zero facts to back up your claims.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I am a sony man.
Before i was a 360 fan, had my ps3 only for blurays. But then theey had the image of a spyboxone rather than game console. I loved used games (seriously, a game sold many units like gta is used 3 bucks, new 10 times as much). Anyway they corrected their strategy (which is a no go anyway ), then i looked carefully at the system. Kinect i never cared. So i look at the ips. I personally hate halo,but i love gears. But looking at my collection, i already have 4 of them. And buying a system only to get nr 5? No thank you. Same with forza. And ps4 has more power anyway. I decided early and never looked back.
Poor xbox fans..., they got cleaned good. Oh btw....is there already a gears 5?