By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One from a PlayStation Fan Point of View

I still think the whole "catastrophic launch" thing is overblown. Comparing the X1 to other launches over the previous decade, PS3's launch and immediate aftermath was much worse, and for awhile it looked like Sony was going to remain a distant third for the remainder of the generation before rebounding midway through it.

And the X1 is a runaway success when compared to the Wii U with its year long head start and all the success Nintendo had with the Wii. Now there's a catastrophic launch.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

It đoesn't have the games I like.

Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Eddie_Raja said:
I still see the XBOX One has having an identity crisis. The 360 was meant to be a streamlined gamer's device with excellent support and industry-leading networking. It was the social gamers console. However now it is just flat out a worse PS4.

-Worse Social Features
-Worse Sharing
-Worse hardware
-Less games
-Worse Online
***Same price as PS4!
***Their interface is less gamer focused and displays adds.

I really think they need to evaluate what their direction is going to be next gen. At least at launch the console was the family-media console that Dad can also use to play Gears on the weekend. Now it doesn't even have that...

Im not really in the mood to argue, I will just say those points are all irrelevant on why X1 is my preferred platform.

Xbox has something PS4 kinda lacks, fun exclusives. Im not having a bad time with PS4 exclusives. They just leave me feeling... meh.

Its almost like MS primary focus is fun. While Sony likes making pretty games with stories. I guess thats why Sony is in the movie business.

Fun exclusives.   TLOU, Bloodborne, InFamous, Until Dawn, and about a dozen other games all say "Hi".  Look these don''t have to be your favorite games, but imo they are enough to say that 90% of gamers won't have worse games to play on PS4.  And when it comes to 3rd party games, it is laughable.

I am really curious about what this "fun" is though.  Halo and Gears are old news, so besides Sunset (Which is only above average) I cannot think of anything else.  TitanFall and Tombraider are not exclusives btw ;)

Those games you mentioned on PS4 arent bad, just meh. They are worth a playthrough for solid game mechanics and story, but the gameplay is meh. God of War is arguably the most fun of Sony titles, but you know...

The most enjoyable experiences Ive had from actual gameplay this gen have been titles like Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, ROTTR, and Titanfall. Some of those are on PC but I cant play them on PS4.

Either way, I got a PS4. Its cool, but Xbox has the edge for MY taste. PS4 fans would love to have the same content X1 users have been getting.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mainly Playstation fan here due to diversity is their games.

XBO did a great job on backtracking so far, They are a lot better now then they were 2 years ago. What they are doing now is similar to how Nintendo handle the horrible birth of the 3ds and turned it around.(by throwing 1st party support at it and listen to the community, till it succeed) Unfortunately, all the backtracking is showings its effect and is just widening the gap in terms of console sold.

If XBO's vision 2 years ago was today's vision, It would be hard to say that PS4 is leading.

Off-topic: Too bad Sony does not see that with the Vita. The 3DS would of been on a similar course, but Nintendo acknowledge it and turn the ship around before it was too late. Sony don't know look at the Vita anymore. I don't understand why they release an updated Vita if they don't also announced a few 1st party game to go along.

BasilZero said:

I was interested in getting a Xbox One in the future but as time goes - less and less reason to especially with the rumors and recent announcements of some key games being released on PC.

Anyways I wouldnt mind getting a Xbox One especially if b/c support gets better as there are Xbox360 games I wanna play that I missed from last gen. Hoping for digital releases rather than physical b/c (although thats great for those who want it) - digital is fine for me personally.

As for what type of gamer I am - I'm a Nintendo/Playstation/PC/Mobile gamer :)

Around the Network

Give me some jrpgs and then ill get one.

Those games you mentioned on PS4 arent bad, just meh. They are worth a playthrough for solid game mechanics and story, but the gameplay is meh. God of War is arguably the most fun of Sony titles, but you know...

The most enjoyable experiences Ive had from actual gameplay this gen have been titles like Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, ROTTR, and Titanfall. Some of those are on PC but I cant play them on PS4.

Either way, I got a PS4. Its cool, but Xbox has the edge for MY taste. PS4 fans would love to have the same content X1 users have been getting.

Not me. I find those games you mentioned meh.

IMO, of course.

The best game that ive played on the X1 has been Rise of the Tomb Raider, a multiplat masterpiece.

Oh, an honorable mention could be Ori and the Blind Forest.

Ori >>>>>>>>>>>> every game you listed.

IMO.

You know what? I used to. I used to take pleasure in it. Somewhere along the way, I got tired of it or bored with it. I still enjoy the conversation and I still point out when I see something factually incorrect but I don't do "it" anymore.

I don't try to justify what I find fun and enjoyable or why prefer what I prefer. I just come home, play what I'm in the mood to play (Pikmin 3 for the last week or so... but I accidentally beat it. *sad face*) and try not to impose my views on others. I gotta say, it's kind of nice.

The XOne is a solid console as it stands, the only exclusives that interest me so far are Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break and Scalebound. I played TitanFall and while it is a good FPS I had more fun with Destiny.

Gaming fan here (currently PC, Wii U)

Loved my Xbox (loved my PS1 too)... bought a Xbox 360 to play more Halo and didn't pursue an Xbox One because of the past hardware failures, Bungie leaving and the annual LIVE cost. Never owned a Wii so I bought a Wii U and really like it. PC for everything else. (Still miss Forza)

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch