By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To those who say NX isn't coming this year

hershel_layton said:
WHAT IF WE SIMPLY WAITED?

(Wins Nobel Prize award)

this is the most interesting shit that is going on right now, and we need to have all kinds of bets and deals going on as much as possible before anything is announced. every day that we get closer, the crazier things are going to get and the bigger the divide will be. and then once the information drops, im going to gloat and talk about how right i was and make a thread about it. and your suggestion is to WAIT?? thats crazy talk.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

Just out of sheer curiosity, how would you react if, hypothetically speaking, it does turn out to be a 2016 release?

PerturbedKitty?

bigtakilla?

Gamesmaster?

Also, "that won't happen" is not a valid answer. This topic is NOT about how likely/unlikely it is, just about what your feelings would be in the hypothetical scenario that it does happen.

I amswered, now tell me what would you do if it was announced for 2017.

It really wouldn't affect me either way to be honest. Like I say, I don't have a personal stake in it, and neither outcome would shock me.

Me neither. The bet was only because someone asked me. I figured I'd make this year interesting, lol.

Soundwave said:
wombat123 said:

At this point it feels like a lot people who are claiming 2017 as the NX release date would feel satisfied and vindicated if Nintendo released any version of it on Jan 1, 2017 at 12:01am but feel like Nintendo made the worst mistake of all time if they released it on Dec 31, 2016 at 11:59pm.

The hysteria on this board over this topic has become so illogical that you're pretty much spot on. 

It's much important to them that the Wii U hit some arbitrary, imaginary deadline so they can save face on a message board instead of enjoying a new piece of hardware.

youre participating in the hysteria, dont act like youre above it lol. this is like the third time ive seen you do this. recognize that youre playing in the mud just like the rest of us. 

im enjoying my wii u right now. if the nx were to come out this year (it isnt) i would get it the day it comes out and enjoy the fuck out of it. of course i would, as would my allies thunderbird, bigtakilla, and others. would you not agree that the timing is an important consideration when releasing new hardware?

curl-6 said:
hershel_layton said:

(Wins Nobel Prize award)

Because if it doesn't come out in 2016, we'll never know unless we ask them. :P

If it doesn't come in 2016, we'll know it didn't come this year. ;)

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
curl-6 said:
hershel_layton said:

(Wins Nobel Prize award)

At this point, I find the reactions within the fanbase far more interesting than the date itself.

Around the Network
PerturbedKitty said:
Soundwave said:

The hysteria on this board over this topic has become so illogical that you're pretty much spot on. 

It's much important to them that the Wii U hit some arbitrary, imaginary deadline so they can save face on a message board instead of enjoying a new piece of hardware.

youre participating in the hysteria, dont act like youre above it lol. this is like the third time ive seen you do this. recognize that youre playing in the mud just like the rest of us. 

im enjoying my wii u right now. if the nx were to come out this year (it isnt) i would get it the day it comes out and enjoy the fuck out of it. of course i would, as would my allies thunderbird, bigtakilla, and others. would you not agree that the timing is an important consideration when releasing new hardware?

^Word! I'd get the console day one, just like anyone who said it WILL come out this year all this time (that planned on getting an NX), would buy it in 2017. Why are people trying to play as if there is any difference? 

We see the benefits of what waiting a year could have and view it as our prefered way for Nintendo to approach NX. That is all.

curl-6 said:
FunFan said:
curl-6 said:
hershel_layton said:

(Wins Nobel Prize award)

At this point, I find the reactions within the fanbase far more interesting than the date itself.

oh, its going down. you better believe that. 

It's funny how saying I think a console is coming 11 1/2+ months from now instead of just 11 is pissing so many people off. Lol.

I'm thinking that the handheld comes this year and console comes next year. So I might be in this group. My big reason is because AMD is saying there will be a big surge in income at the end of this year. To me this signals that they will be beginning production on the NX consoles hardware.

PerturbedKitty said:
Soundwave said:

The "hysteria" is the illogical belief that a system is some how "better" if it reaches some arbitrary date, which is bullshit. We know how Nintendo supports its consoles for the the final 11-12 months anyway ... it's basically barren (the N64 hillariously had ONE ... ONE fucking game from Nintendo for its final 12 months, GameCube was miserable its final 12 months, so was Wii). 

I don't see the "glory" in that 5th year, if Nintendo wants to skip that "12 months of shit" phase, hey great. 

I don't think timing in this case makes a huge difference. I doubt Nintendo is making a PS5-tier console either way, and if they're not then it's probably better to release earlier than later. 

The biggest consideration for a release date should be Nintendo's PORTABLE market ... you know the one that has 80% of their fanbase? That should be the no.1 priority, so if NX is a unified platform, then it should launch this year in order to first and foremost supplant the 3DS. That's the most important thing, the console is just secondary.