By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To those who say NX isn't coming this year

elektranine said:
Pavolink said:

And what would mean releasing in 2017?

More powerful and potentially more developer support. The Wii U was basically a more powerful Wii which was a more powerful GameCube. If NX comes out this year get ready for a more powerful Wii U.

By that logic it will better to wait until 2018 or 2019 or 2020 or 2021. Any of those years will be better than 2017.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

It all depends on *what* it is. If it is a handheld, not surprised. If it is a handheld with home console properties or capabilities, again not surprised. If it is a full blown fusion (no more handhelds and consoles, just one device) or a full blown home console, I will be surprised. Beyond that, it would come down to what it's like. That could garner any number of reactions.

I don't think that Nintendo's next home console will release this year. But if that would happen, I'd be surprised. I'd rather wait a little bit longer for them to release a powerful console than getting one as powerful as a Xbox one. This may be the first Nintendo console I won't buy.

Gamemaster87 said:
I would stop buying Nintendo products and become PlayStation only Gamer.

Soundwave said:
wombat123 said:

At this point it feels like a lot people who are claiming 2017 as the NX release date would feel satisfied and vindicated if Nintendo released any version of it on Jan 1, 2017 at 12:01am but feel like Nintendo made the worst mistake of all time if they released it on Dec 31, 2016 at 11:59pm.

The hysteria on this board over this topic has become so illogical that you're pretty much spot on. 

It's much important to them that the Wii U hit some arbitrary, imaginary deadline so they can save face on a message board instead of enjoying a new piece of hardware.

LOL Wow, you hit the nail on the head

Nuvendil said:
It all depends on *what* it is. If it is a handheld, not surprised. If it is a handheld with home console properties or capabilities, again not surprised. If it is a full blown fusion (no more handhelds and consoles, just one device) or a full blown home console, I will be surprised. Beyond that, it would come down to what it's like. That could garner any number of reactions.

If it's a unified device of some type then it should be easier for Nintendo to launch because their dev resources would not be split. The 3DS or Wii U would not have had post launch droughts if Nintendo only had to just basically make games for one of them (even at variable resolution settings or something). 

EAD 1 next game is Wii U, EAD 2 next is 3DS, EAD Tokyo next game is Wii U, Retro next game is Wii U, Intelligent Systems' next two games are 3DS ... well imagine if all this was replaced with just "NX". No split in development resources. 

Nintendo might actually then have a problem of having too many games and having to space them out on purpose. 

Around the Network

Wouldn't surprise me if its a 2016 or 2017 launch but it would surprise me "if" it is a unified device and they release handheld and console separate since two separate releases doesn't seem very unified :)

midrange said:
Gamemaster87 said:

The hysteria on this board over this topic has become so illogical that you're pretty much spot on. 

It's much important to them that the Wii U hit some arbitrary, imaginary deadline so they can save face on a message board instead of enjoying a new piece of hardware.

LOL Wow, you hit the nail on the head

They just talking crap, they're gonna buy the next Ninty system anyway.

Gamemaster87 said:

You're not bullshitting anyone, dude.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

All the speculation and rumours have been too much, can't be bothered with it now.

Is not impossible but I think is like 80% chances the NX comes in 2016, it has been written on the walls for a while now, people saying is coming 2017 could be right but they are setting theirself for a dissapointment.

I personally cant wait to see this new season for Nintendo, is gonna be a pretty exciting one, but that doesnt mean I'm gonna get the console day 1 though, I might wait at least a year to see if there are enough things I like, just like I waited a year and a half before buying my WiiU.