By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To those who say NX isn't coming this year

PerturbedKitty said:

Lol, I don't report people. 

And like I said, you're taking all this waaaay too seriously. Pay attention to the things I post and after awhile maybe you will understand lol

So you're full of shit? Gotcha. ;)

And don't worry, I don't take you seriously at all. You seem to be a cool cat.

Around the Network

It is most likely going to release in 2016. I can't imagine it not releasing in 2016. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
Aeolus451 said:
If nx is a home console and they launched it in 2016, I would say, "That's asinine of nintendo to launch a next gen console when this gen isn't even past the halfway point."

The better question would be "what happens if it turns out to be a 2017 release?"

Assuming a standard five year cycle, Nintendo's is 80% over this november, not half. The company has released two consoles (SNES and Wii-U) on a six year cycle and three on a five year cycle (N64, Gamecube and Wii). So really, releasing this November isn't that big a deal.

To most gamers, we're only 2 years into this gen because to them, this gen started in 2013 and not when wii u launched. It is roughly the halfway point of the gen either way. 

burninmylight said:
PerturbedKitty said:

Lol, I don't report people. 

And like I said, you're taking all this waaaay too seriously. Pay attention to the things I post and after awhile maybe you will understand lol

So you're full of shit? Gotcha. ;)

And don't worry, I don't take you seriously at all. You seem to be a cool cat.

lol works for me ;)

Flaming is a serious accusation though and I'm on thin ice as it is lol

Aeolus451 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Assuming a standard five year cycle, Nintendo's is 80% over this november, not half. The company has released two consoles (SNES and Wii-U) on a six year cycle and three on a five year cycle (N64, Gamecube and Wii). So really, releasing this November isn't that big a deal.

To most gamers, we're only 2 years into this gen because to them, this gen started in 2013 and not when wii u launched. It is roughly the halfway point of the gen either way. 

But the generation started in 2012 regardless of what "those" people think or say. The ninth generation will start the moment NX launches.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Aeolus451 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

But the generation started in 2012 regardless of what "those" people think or say. The ninth generation will start the moment NX launches.

That may be true except the "what those people think or say" part but to consumers, NX would be releasing in the middle of this gen. Perception matters. Why would consumers invest in a new console that's launching out of no where when there's two consoles with 3rd party support and lots of games to play? The xbox one and PS4 haven't hit their peaks yet sales wise and that could easily be this year.

The main difference between launching this november and next year's november will be in the amount of games NX will have  to launch with. Whatever games nintendo has avaible to launch NX with this november versus all of the games in that period added to all of the games up to next years november. Which is greater? So yes, releasing this november compared to 2017's november is a big deal. 

Aeolus451 said:

That may be true except the "what those people think or say" part but to consumers, NX would be releasing in the middle of this gen. Perception matters. Why would consumers invest in a new console that's launching out of no where when there's two consoles with 3rd party support and lots of games to play? The xbox one and PS4 haven't hit their peaks yet sales wise and that could easily be this year.

The main difference between launching this november and next year's november will be in the amount of games NX will have  to launch with. Whatever games nintendo has avaible to launch NX with this november versus all of the games in that period added to all of the games up to next years november. Which is greater? So yes, releasing this november compared to 2017's november is a big deal. 

I agree it's a challenge, but it's one that can be overcome. Sega released their 16-bit console two years before Nintendo. They started the generation off early and ended up beating the SNES in the US until they launched Saturn and shifted focus. In their case, launching early gave them the advantage. If... and this is a huge if... the NX is more powerful than PS4 and Xbox One, offers a standard controller, Nintendo IP AND the same third party support that the other two are getting... it will be a pretty attractive console. 

One thing is certain though. Unless Nintendo can pull some magic AAA titles out of their ass over the next two years, they can't survive 2017. They almost need to launch a new console at this rate.

Aeolus451 

The main difference between launching this november and next year's november will be in the amount of games NX will have  to launch with. Whatever games nintendo has avaible to launch NX with this november versus all of the games in that period added to all of the games up to next years november.

That's not really how it works, they wont just sit on a bunch of games that are already complete, games set to be complete between Q4 2016-Q3 2017 are either being released as late life Wii U games if NX releases in 2017 or as first year NX games if NX releases in 2016.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Aeolus451 

The main difference between launching this november and next year's november will be in the amount of games NX will have  to launch with. Whatever games nintendo has avaible to launch NX with this november versus all of the games in that period added to all of the games up to next years november.

That's not really how it works, they wont just sit on a bunch of games that are already complete, games set to be complete between Q4 2016-Q3 2017 are either being released as late life Wii U games if NX releases in 2017 or as first year NX games if NX releases in 2016.

I'm fairly certain that all of the big 3 will sit on games to wait for a better release window. Otherwise, games would just randomly release throughout the year. I'm also certain that other publishers will sit on a game for a better release window. For example, MS prefers to release it's heavy hitters on the holidays.

Ok let's say that NX releases in this year in november and it launches with (for example) 10 games and 8 more games were released throughout the rest of 2016 and up to November of 2017. Why not wait to launch til November of 2017 to have a stronger launch lineup with those 18 games? I

Aeolus451 said:

Ok let's say that NX releases in this year in november and it launches with (for example) 10 games and 8 more games were released throughout the rest of 2016 and up to November of 2017. Why not wait to launch til November of 2017 to have a stronger launch lineup with those 18 games?

Are you just talking about Nintendo-published games & exclusives? If so, it would make no sense to launch with 18 games, even 10 would be stupid for that matter, they would be cannibalize each others sales.

If you're talking about multiplats than its still stupid because it would just be padding out the launch lineup with late ports which would sell terrible and do nothing for hardware sales.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.