By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You aren't a privileged Nintendo consumer because you own a Wii U

RolStoppable said:
bigtakilla said:
padib said:

Assuming the very small possibility that Nintendo lose those owners, and assuming that the NX was simply a home console, the risk that they lose those customers and find no other audience to tap into (like what happened when they tried attracting the Wii crowd in the early years of the U) would be real. Fortunately the two assumptions are false: Nintendo will always have a base to fall back on, and the NX will combine both home and portable libraries.

Having said that, I agree that Nintendo should not be worried about going after another market, as long as they don't seriously offend their current fanbase, a thing which would be exceedingly difficult to do. Nintendo enjoys one of the most loyal fanbases, and they also still make great games.

Too much truth. 8/10

I find your post strange. In the other thread you were one of the most vocal posters to disagree with a dual-platform release for Zelda, but now you signed a post that agreed with me.

I think you didn't understand what you were quoting.

What he wrote has little to do with a dual-release. It has everything to do with not offending their current fanbase.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
I think those loyal million who own a Wii U will buy an NX regardless of wether Zelda U is eclusive or not, so it makes sense for Nintendo to port it to NX, either Twilight Princess style, or The Last of Us remastered style.

A gamble in which Nintendo better be ready for the consequences if they take.

padib said:
Xxain said:

Thats just because complaining about X1 isnt bitching. Im talking about "bitching" bitching.

To each their own though. You can't judge on that kind of thing because what's important to you may not be important to him and vice versa.

Sorry for being preachy, I'm just sayin'.

........ Padib your second sentence is exactly what im talking about in regards to "bitching". 

bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:
I think those loyal million who own a Wii U will buy an NX regardless of wether Zelda U is eclusive or not, so it makes sense for Nintendo to port it to NX, either Twilight Princess style, or The Last of Us remastered style.

But it isn't really much of a gamble. We're talking Zelda fans here, and those Zelda fans won't want to miss out on the NX Zelda just because Zelda U wasn't exclusive to the Wii U.

Random_Matt said:
Who cares about a measly 10m Wii U owners, so much more to gain if the NX is successful.

Nintendo wouldn't even lose all 10M of those customers. They would only lose about 500K-1M, maybe even less. I know i won't be leaving just beacuse some games are also going on to the NX.

Around the Network
padib said:
Xxain said:
padib said:

To each their own though. You can't judge on that kind of thing because what's important to you may not be important to him and vice versa.

Sorry for being preachy, I'm just sayin'.

........ Padib your second sentence is exactly what im talking about in regards to "bitching". 

But is it true though, isn't it? You consider some things important, right? Do others always agree with you? Honest question.

Padib!!!!

Your second sentence is abridged version of my point. Thats the point I'm making.

Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:

But it isn't really much of a gamble. We're talking Zelda fans here, and those Zelda fans won't want to miss out on the NX Zelda just because Zelda U wasn't exclusive to the Wii U.

I wander if S-E thought the same thing before they released FF XIII.... Then part 2 and 3. Piss people off and they will move on. 

bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:

I wander if S-E thought the same thing before they released FF XIII.... Then part 2 and 3. Piss people off and they will move on. 

I guess we will have to see if people avoid buying FFXV because they were pissed of because of FFXIII. Personally, I'm thinking most FF fans won't care...

padib said:
Xxain said:

Padib!!!!

Your second sentence is abridged version of my point. Thats the point I'm making.

Oh, I see. You think it isn't important so you call it bitching. Okay. :)

But what happens when you're upset about something and someone else doesn't care for it? ;) Let me guess it doesn't happen to you because you're usually on the money.

Hahahaha....wow

Padib,buddy ... hahaha. Your second sentence, I AGREE WITH IT!!! THATS WHAT I MEANT!!!,

Im saying the same thing as your second sentence.

"Yes, the latter half of the previous sentence is hyperbole, but if you own a Wii U, then you aren't exactly a consumer who is pushing Nintendo forward."

No, but they're probably one of the consumers who kept Nintendo alive after that blue ocean became a mud puddle. A cat on the lap is worth two in the yard. What if Nintendo took for granted existing fans in the quest for new fans and lost the former while never attaining the latter? Who would be the scum in that case?

We're also dealing with the "forum user fallacy" here. I'm not sure the typical VGC Nintendo fan represents the typical Wii U owner. It's quite possible that the Wii U caused a number of supporters to move on to other avenues of gaming. These people would no longer be on the "automatic renewal" list for Nintendo hardware. Which side of the column does this segment appear? Wii U owning scum or fresh consumers ripe for targeting?

Regardless, at the end of the day, "Zelda U" is going to appear on both platforms, one way or another, and the people who are so invested in Nintendo that they are disgruntled over that will be the ones picking up the shield and defending Nintendo against all challengers in 2017. They're the type who throw their Binky down in anger, then screams until someone picks it up, rinses it off, and hands it back.