By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is this website actually SFW?

LipeJJ said:
Is my new avy SFW? Honest question.

It depends--would you want people at your work seeing it? 

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Speaking personally, i think we should have relatively strict rules on avatars being SFW (bar obvious exceptions, like someone having a Bayonetta avatar), but be looser on signatures. That way those that like to express themselves with NSFW-esk stuff can do so (*waves at Captain_Yuri*), and those that don't want to see those signatures can simply turn them off. It's not a perfect solution, but i think both sides giving something up is preferable to one getting everything they want and the other nothing.

It's not like many use their signatures for such things anyway. This thread has over 100 posts, and there's only 1 person with anything NSFW-esk (*waves at Captain_Yuri again*), debatably 2 if we include whatever the heck is going on in Jason's signature :p

In an ideal world it'd be nice to give users more control over what they see in general though. Would be cool if the mods could tag signatures as NSFW, and users could choose weather they wanted to see those tagged signatures or not in their settings.

*waves back*

Out of curiosity, how acceptable is my current avatar in your scale?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Miguel_Zorro said:
Captain_Yuri said:

*waves back*

Your avatar and sig are bad enough that when my wife walked over a minute ago and I was reading a post from you, I scrolled away from it.

Welp, thats why God invented adblock :P Least that's what I use when I see something I don't like seeing

Edit: I think most people use that as well in other sites now that I think about it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Miguel_Zorro said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Welp, thats why God invented adblock :P Least that's what I use when I see something I don't like seeing

Edit: I think most people use that as well in other sites now that I think about it

Adblock would block other things that I wouldn't want to block.  

Well at that point, hopefully trucks (or someone else) makes a setting that blocks avatar/sigs on a per-user baises. Not that it matters much since I do feel like I am about to get the "remove" button soon T_T (Just like last year and the year before that)

Also, in case someone still wonders what I mean by "having fun," just look at my wall for example. Changing my avatar into my current one = comments on my wall = having fun. Granted I am not really doing it for that, not that anyone will believe me after the comment I just typed, but it just shows what sort of fun/friendly environment having lewd avatars can result to and it also allows me to talk to people with similar interests whom I otherwise might have not talked to.

Captain_Yuri said:
Zekkyou said:
Speaking personally, i think we should have relatively strict rules on avatars being SFW (bar obvious exceptions, like someone having a Bayonetta avatar), but be looser on signatures. That way those that like to express themselves with NSFW-esk stuff can do so (*waves at Captain_Yuri*), and those that don't want to see those signatures can simply turn them off. It's not a perfect solution, but i think both sides giving something up is preferable to one getting everything they want and the other nothing.

It's not like many use their signatures for such things anyway. This thread has over 100 posts, and there's only 1 person with anything NSFW-esk (*waves at Captain_Yuri again*), debatably 2 if we include whatever the heck is going on in Jason's signature :p

In an ideal world it'd be nice to give users more control over what they see in general though. Would be cool if the mods could tag signatures as NSFW, and users could choose weather they wanted to see those tagged signatures or not in their settings.

*waves back*

I think your avatar needs to be toned down, but i'm personally fine with your signature.

That said, i'm likely on the more accepting end of the discussion. My partner is more likely to be amused by your signature than annoyed, and i don't have an office job or the like, so i'm naturally going to be more tolerant. While i do think it's important that users like yourself retain a degree of your ability to express yourself with stuff like that, it's also important we don't force too many to have to hide stuff. A middle ground would have to be found, though i have no idea where that will be. The mod team will likely discuss everything at some point.

If your signature does end up having to be toned down too though, i hope you and your boob jiggling gifs will forgive us :(

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Zekkyou said:

*waves back*

I think your avatar needs to be toned down, but i'm personally fine with your signature.

That said, i'm likely on the more accepting end of the discussion. My partner is more likely to be amused by your signature than annoyed, and i don't have an office job or the like, so i'm naturally going to be more tolerant. While i do think it's important that users like yourself retain a degree of your ability to express yourself with stuff like that, it's also important we don't force too many to have to hide stuff. A middle ground would have to be found, though i have no idea where that will be. The mod team will likely discuss everything at some point.

If your signature does end up having to be toned down too though, i hope you and your boob jiggling gifs will forgive us :(

Yea well, thanks for your input but I think that having my avatar removed and my signature removed for the third year is enough for any pirate yarrrr. Specially since other sites allow that and considering my name got removed... But oh well. You know what pirates like me love is freedom and booty!

Zekkyou said:

If only that could be easy to achieve, many situations (not only this one) would be solved easily.

armodillo17 said:
LipeJJ said:
Is my new avy SFW? Honest question.

It depends--would you want people at your work seeing it? 

Yeah, absolutely. I mean, I was even careful enough to not show nipples.

On a serious note, if it makes someone uncomfortable, I'll just change it to some gaming stuff.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Miguel_Zorro said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
Captain_Yuri said:

*waves back*

Your avatar and sig are bad enough that when my wife walked over a minute ago and I was reading a post from you, I scrolled away from it.

No. You right click on the image. Adblock image. then change the address to the custom one. Meaning, ONLY the url for that one photo. Not the URL of the whole site.

Miguel_Zorro said:

Then use Ublock and choose what you want to block, it's really quite simple to use.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"