By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think Sony are prohibiting online on PS3 on purpose

Well to be fair they (an employee, when asked) did say that 2016 would be the last year of PSN for the PS3 :-o but then again who knows if the company will stick to a statement/guess that one employee made

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

*Puts on Tin foil hat*

Its just sad youre even considerating Sony doing such a thing...

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

You should upgrade the RAM on your PC, 32 MB is very little!

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

I don't know about PS3, but PSN on the PS4 has been pretty sketchy these past days. I checked my connection with Speedtest numerous times and my connection shows no problems.

Around the Network

Not had a single problem on PS4. Seems like the majority if the replies point to no problem on PS3. This would indicate one of three things.

Problems in your region,
Problems on your end personally,
Or younare just lying.

In any case it would seem that Sony has nothing to do with these "issues" you are having. If the problem persists I would check your ISP, modem, etc to pinpoint what is causing it, because I highly doubt your conspiracy theory has anything to do with it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

The PS3 has been out almost 10 years now, so I wouldn't be shocked if Sony soon announced they're going to discontinue online on PS3 altogether.

So far though, the paid online hasn't been an issue for me on PS4 as I strongly prefer single player experiences, but it is a little annoying since I bought the Battlefront bundle.

I guess I'll try the $17.99 plan when I'm finally ready to take the jump. I never see myself even using a full year of PS+ anyway.

I haven't had problems with psn last week on my ps3 and I live on a third world country, come on

m0ney said:

I haven't been able to sign in all week. I see that many others are complaining. I think Sony are screwing with us on purpose to shake us off free online on PS3 and make us move to paid PS4 witch I will never do cos I have killer gaming PC Pentium 200 MHz, RIVA TNT2 Ultra and 32 MB of RAM.

So it is just the PS3 then?!  Yeah me and my friends tried to play Demon's Souls the other day and it just wouldn't stay connected for more than 20 min at a time...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Yes just PS3. Could be my 4G shi*net provider but I doubt it.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.