By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is your most hated publisher?

The publisher that I fucking hate!

EA! THEY RUINED MASS EFFE... 91 33.09%

FUCKING ACTIVISION! 34 12.36%

20FPS=cinamatic (Ubisoft) 31 11.27%

Crapcon (capcom) 8 2.91%

Konami... fucking bastards 62 22.55%

Bethesda! Hey, these guys... 20 7.27%

Other... 29 10.55%

Total:275

Microsoft. Not because of their publishing necessarily, but because I hate the online MP focus they've turned the industry towards and for their pushing of Halo which has made regen health and 2 weapon limits preeminent in modern shooters. 2 of my biggest pet peeves in gaming are lack of slitscreen and story focus and no health packs and weapon wheels in shooters anymore (one of the main reasons Resistance 3 is the best shooter ever is it is modern with all the best parts of old thrown in)

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Ubisoft. They make the worst type of bad games. Expensive ones that sell anyway.

I don't think I actually hate any publisher.

For me it's easily Nintendo. Not because I hate them in terms of the games make but because I actually care about the games they put out, but yet as a customer have to deal with the Amiibo paywall DLC, the fact they refuse to listen to complaints about their systems and insist they are right and that we should follow along with their underpowered systems with terrible controls, then there's garbage like their youtube policies. I'm quite certain the NX announcement is going to be another gimmick control scheme which will scare off even more customers and that makes me sad as I really want them to put out something people want that will do well.

I cant decide between EA and Konami SCREW BOTH OF THEM!!!!!!!!

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
EA used to be bad, but eventually they withdrew from Nintendo systems and took their insulting PR with them. It's hard to hate them when their publishing work on Nintendo systems has finally reached an acceptable level of quality.

Therefore my pick is Atlus. The DLC cancer is infesting their games. While Etrian Mystery Dungeon at least offered all of its DLC quests for free to early adopters, the same doesn't hold true for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold. A damn shame. Persona Q was even worse.

Can you explain why their DLC is bad? 

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

I dont hate any publisher.
I simply choose not to buy their products if I dont like what their selling.

barneystinson69 said:

We all have one. One we'd just like to send to the shed and shoot it in its ugly face! Calm down me... calm down. Anyway, we all have some publisher we don't like, and ones that do deserve what it gets.

Now my least favorite publisher is goddamn acti! I don't know if people ever see this, but when I get pissed at activision for doing another shady decesion, I always say "good o'acti", because frankly it would only be the 100th time they pissed be off...

I mean EA, Ubisoft, Konami, and many others are bad, but I have a true and absolute hatred of Activision. Sometimes, I just want to punch the CEO's face and stomp it into the ground! They ruined Bungie damnit! BUNGIE!!!! That alone should be considered treason within the gaming community...

So anyway... who his your most hated publisher? I'll have a poll, and post below. 

No, I don't have one.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Microsoft. Not because of their publishing necessarily, but because I hate the online MP focus they've turned the industry towards and for their pushing of Halo which has made regen health and 2 weapon limits preeminent in modern shooters. 2 of my biggest pet peeves in gaming are lack of slitscreen and story focus and no health packs and weapon wheels in shooters anymore (one of the main reasons Resistance 3 is the best shooter ever is it is modern with all the best parts of old thrown in)

You can't really blame Microsoft for any of that. It isn't their fault other developers followed their shitty game design decisions. If you're a developer and cannot understand why regenerating health is a terrible game design decision of your own accord, that's your fault and your fault alone.

I like a lot of the games EA makes, but sometimes I feel like they do stupid things

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash