By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is your most hated publisher?

The publisher that I fucking hate!

EA! THEY RUINED MASS EFFE... 91 33.09%

FUCKING ACTIVISION! 34 12.36%

20FPS=cinamatic (Ubisoft) 31 11.27%

Crapcon (capcom) 8 2.91%

Konami... fucking bastards 62 22.55%

Bethesda! Hey, these guys... 20 7.27%

Other... 29 10.55%

Total:275

We all have one. One we'd just like to send to the shed and shoot it in its ugly face! Calm down me... calm down. Anyway, we all have some publisher we don't like, and ones that do deserve what it gets.

Now my least favorite publisher is goddamn acti! I don't know if people ever see this, but when I get pissed at activision for doing another shady decesion, I always say "good o'acti", because frankly it would only be the 100th time they pissed be off...

I mean EA, Ubisoft, Konami, and many others are bad, but I have a true and absolute hatred of Activision. Sometimes, I just want to punch the CEO's face and stomp it into the ground! They ruined Bungie damnit! BUNGIE!!!! That alone should be considered treason within the gaming community...

So anyway... who his your most hated publisher? I'll have a poll, and post below. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Probably Konami, mainly for what they've done recently.

Seriously, I still can't believe that they screwed Kojima over. :/

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Screw Konami. They're practically holding classic series' with potential for a bright future hostage!

bet: lost

Every year it seems to change. Went from Activision to EA to Ubisoft to WB to Konami

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Konami for sure! And it's not "just" for what they did to Kojima and the whole Kojima Production staff, it's also for not making new (and good) versions of their biggest franchises, like Castlevania. Look at what they did to it!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Konami. Because they acted like dicks these last years. And Bugisoft. Because they were capable of releasing a bugged Tetris. That's hard.

RolStoppable said:
EA used to be bad, but eventually they withdrew from Nintendo systems and took their insulting PR with them. It's hard to hate them when their publishing work on Nintendo systems has finally reached an acceptable level of quality.

Therefore my pick is Atlus. The DLC cancer is infesting their games. While Etrian Mystery Dungeon at least offered all of its DLC quests for free to early adopters, the same doesn't hold true for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold. A damn shame. Persona Q was even worse.

HAHAHAHA!!! XD

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Hate a gaming company? Eh. Why?

"Oh, no, this company uses a business model I don't like! I'll hate them forever!" seems like a waste of energy to me. If they make a game I like, I'll play that game. If they make a game I don't like, I won't play it. If they make DLC I don't like, I won't buy it. If they make DLC I like, I'll buy it.

I don't hate them, but I do dislike konami for their recent behavior

BraLoD said:
Sony

What's so bad about Sony?