By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most satisfying attacks in video games?

Anything from the Bayonetta games. Additionally, some Crystal Stars from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door had cool attacks. Sadly I don't remember their names, been a long time since I last played that game.

Oh, and Overdrive + Ghostwalker from Xenoblade Chronicles X, that makes me feel amazing, like the independent female voice would say.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Another that comes to mind is the sweet feeling of Meteor smashing someone with Yoshi.... It feels so good

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Hiku said:
V-r0cK said:

Akuma's Raging Demon.  It's a simple yet beautiful attack when finishing your opponent and is difficult to succeed (against pros) as it can't be comboed with.

You can kara-cancel it though (canceling a normal move into Ragong Demon) which I love to see Daigo do.

At 12 seconds left on the clock, Daigo cancel's Ryu's overhead kick into the Demon.

Daigo is a beast as always lol Respect for pulling that off.

That's a pretty cool trick but there's still no way to combo something into a Raging Demon. You're only hope is just to catch your opponent off guard.

Hiku said:

Did you play Lunatic mode instead? And is that someting you usually do?
Thinking about doing that for Fates.

I played it on Hard mode for the North American version, assuming we're talking about the same difficulty levels (I thought it had Normal, Hard, Lunatic). Normally I play the default difficulty before trying harder options, but the captions for the game made it sound like Normal was for newcomers, while Hard was for veteran players, so I chose Hard on Awakening.

I'll probably do the same thing again on Fates...though I should probably look it up ahead of time. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Spiking in Smash against a cocky foe, as well as just any meteor smash in general.

Crushing the foe in FE Awakening is pretty satisfying too. I loved how in the final battle against yourself as Grima, there was so much pre-battle talk of it being an epic fight to the death, then I just flew Cherche over to him and won the battle in two turns... Talk about anti-climatic :P

Around the Network

Dragoon Jump. Quick and very satisfying , I never get tired of it.

Seeing a group of low health Titans lined up near each other and zapping one with a fully charged arc cannon blast and watching all of them get destroyed as the damage chains from one to all the others.

Gears of War, a well timed shotgun blast just turning people to giblets.

Diablo to the head in Last of Us.

Well timed heavy attack in Witcher 3 slicing an enemy in fucking half.

Recently downloaded Mario Tennis for GBC and the overhead slam aka overhead death strike feels pretty good especially if the opponent can't reach it.

As for real attacks, performing a skull hammer jump attack on a stalfo's skull for OHKO is always fun. 

Same for the finish blow in TP

Came in to say a successful parry/riposte in the Souls games. They make me quiver. Glad to see it mentioned in the OP. Good job, OP. 

Hi

A fully charged Charge Beam by Samus in Smash.