By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most satisfying attacks in video games?

Some attacks are just so powerful that when we land them, it's an extremely satisfying feeling that you really can't get else where.

What are some of the most satisfying attacks to land in games?

Some that come at the top of my head:

Super Smash Bros. - Marth's Tipper

Team Fortress 2 - Crockets (Critical Hit Rockets)

Dark Souls - Parry Attacks

Splatoon - Inkzooka

What about you, what attacks satisfy you in games?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Just about any attack that kills something in one hit in a souls game.

Ralph Jones' Galactica Phantom... Nothing more satisfaying than that

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Yep, parry and backstabing are pretty amazing on Dark Souls/BB.

I'd also add Kratos' combos with the Nemean Cestus (God of War III). Plus, almost any attack of Dust: An Elysian Tail.

And let's not forget about Zelda's jump attack! It's to pleasing.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Smash Bros: Lucas using PK Freeze is great because it annoys the hell out of the person it hits

Pikmin: The purple ones (Rocks in 3 have a similar feel) are great for crushing the enemy in a quick and humorous way. Although, I feel a bit bad for the bugs I've just killed afterwards

Animal Crossng: Hitting the townspeople with nets

[] [] [] {} [] 

Around the Network

Dated a bit now - but the original Gears or War. Detonating someone's head with a sniper or gnasher shotgun was pretty insane at the time.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Bayonetta attacks feel so good when they hit

Getting a low-chance critical hit or special move in Fire Emblem always gets me excited.

Also, getting a full Spirit Blade combo in Monster Hunter.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Mike321 said:
Bayonetta attacks feel so good when they hit

Aw man, how could I forget?

Umbran Climax was satisfying as hell to use in Bayonetta 2.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Hiku said:

I love Marth's meteor, but it's hard as hell to land in Smash 3DS/Wii U

It was a lot easier in Melee and Brawl.