By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: GFK (Nintendo client) leaks Nintendo's next gen system info and WSJ Rumor: NX to "work with" PS4, smartphones, PC

Is it the handheld ?
900p is bone territory

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

That looks too professional to be real.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

This NX is going to be nothing like people are imagining.

Wyrdness said:
teigaga said:

What's confirmed real?

We have a twitter link to a cropped image which easily be faked + what is this a survey of?

900p/60fps should be a point of contention until more context is given. It's doesn't make any sense for 900p60fps to be listed as a feature when the system is capable of more. It doesn't add up. 

Maybe rather then resolution they're more focused on fps showing that at 60fps you can get 900p, 1080p/30fps and 900p/60fps are even trade offs essentially but they went with the one that highlights better performance as not many games run at 60fps now days unless on PC.

Smash Wii U runs at 1080p 60fps though.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

I'm surprised Nintendo never followed up the Non Specific Action Figure thing. Maybe it will be a boss on an amiibo based game. Non-specific action figures VS Specific NFC figures.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

BlkPaladin said:
BraLoD said:
GFK is pretty legit stuff.
I wonder how will it work with the PS4...
About the 900p/60fps, if it's like that it can pretty much do 1080p/30fps as well.
If it "works" with the PS4 it shouldn't be much different from it.

It may be cross console multiplayer, which is one of the more obvious things it could be. Since it seems neither Sony nor Microsoft view Nintendo as a direct rivial. It could also be something more Nitnendo like share gameplay data between titles.

Say what?

spemanig said:

The survey is.

No, it shouldn't. It's just a thrown out number. There's nothing to add up. PS4 is supposed to support 4k gaming. Not one exists. 1080p 60fps. Few games are. It's just a number thrown out there. It's not up to the console manufacturer - it's up to the developer. 900p 60fps means absolutely nothing. If a dev doesn't want to use those numbers, they won't. If they want 1080p 60fps, they'll make it so. If they want 1080p 30fps, they'll do it. 720p 60fps? They'll do that. 720p 30fps? They'll do it. 900p 60fps/30fps? They'll do what they want. There's no way the NX will bottleneck the system to output blurrier visuals than their prior console.

Can you link to the source confirming it be a real survey and not just a doctored image?

The PS4 cannot output 4k games. Only video and pictures.

And I think you miss the point about the resolution. If this is Gfk issuing bullet points of the systems features, why did they fall on 900p? Did Nintendo issue that figure, seems unlikely for a console maker to undermine their own hardware potential, especially one whos own games either fall on 720 or 1080p. Hence why it's a fishy, of course if the survey is already confirmed real then this a mute point, but noone had provided a source confirming it to be real yet. Beyond that we need to know the context of the survey.

Ok. Lets clear this up.

1. GfK is not a client of Nintendo. It is the other way around, Nintendo is a client of GfK
2. GfK are a market research company.
3. This is a real survey sent out to people that asks hypothetical questions about Nintendo in the future.
4. There are other questions in this survey about other hypothetical features such as disc drive or streaming services.
5. This is not a survey commissioned by Nintendo. GfK also would not have access to this sort of info.
6. The slide in the OP shouldn't be taken as confirmation of anything. Especially as some of the 'specs' contradict each other. For example 900p is not a spec, it's a design choice.
7. Specs for the Nintendo NX are likely already confirmed at this point. But again GfK would not have access to this and this is just their own survey on the console market that they've put out. 

Of course no one will read this post at all...... I wonder why I bother sometimes.