By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Stock has NOT Recovered, Apologists!

JetSetter said:
Their stock did recover slightly after the fallout for a while but started dropping again as of late. Not like it should come as a surprise though, all markets are down right now.

Google is up 50 dollars a share in the same time period.

Around the Network

If you have to ask for an apology, you'll never get one. Lmao

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Part of being a true Nintendo supporter is understanding that the company is struggling right now more so then they have any other time in the past 30 years. Now, that doesn't mean that they are at risk of going out of business but it does mean that their current business model (aka. dedicated consoles) is in a tough spot right now.

Unfortunately, people on both sides of this argument take extreme views that simply aren't true. The Nintendoomers insist that Nintendo needs to throw in the towel and go 3rd party ASAP (which is convenient since they would probably line up to buy the first Nintendo game that came to Xbox One). On the other side, we have the unabated Nintendo apologists who insist that nothing is wrong with Nintendo and that they should just keep supporting the Wii U indefinitely. Both of these views are harmful to Nintendo as they ignore the reality of the situation and are really just based out of selfishness (ie. "I want to buy Nintendo games without having to pay for new hardware").

People need to realize that Nintendo's stock is down because the company is in a tough spot. Just because a company is turning a profit doesn't mean that their business is necessarily healthy. Nintendo's portable market is losing ground to smartphones and the Wii U has been a commercial failure and thanks to it kids are no longer growing up with Mario and Link as household names. Shareholders know this, but the good news is that Nintendo can start to turn the ship around depending on what they do in 2016. I just hope that Nintendo fans will do their part by not exploding the internet when Nintendo announces NX for a 2016 release and buries the Wii U.

BasilZero said:
Bu-but I was told Nintendo had 11 billion dollars in their bank that is picking up dust!?

l0l

I don't know if they have like half of that right now, but 11b no more.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

BasilZero said:
Bu-but I was told Nintendo had 11 billion dollars in their bank that is picking up dust!?

l0l

Whatever they have, they are in good financial shape in terms of capital, but they are the least concerned with benefitting their shareholders with their assets of any publically traded company I've ever seen.

Around the Network
Illusion said:

Part of being a true Nintendo supporter is understanding that the company is struggling right now more so then they have any other time in the past 30 years. Now, that doesn't mean that they are at risk of going out of business but it does mean that their current business model (aka. dedicated consoles) is in a tough spot right now.

Unfortunately, people on both sides of this argument take extreme views that simply aren't true. The Nintendoomers insist that Nintendo needs to throw in the towel and go 3rd party ASAP (which is convenient since they would probably line up to buy the first Nintendo game that came to Xbox One). On the other side, we have the unabated Nintendo apologists who insist that nothing is wrong with Nintendo and that they should just keep supporting the Wii U indefinitely. Both of these views are harmful to Nintendo as they ignore the reality of the situation and are really just based out of selfishness (ie. "I want to buy Nintendo games without having to pay for new hardware").

People need to realize that Nintendo's stock is down because the company is in a tough spot. Just because a company is turning a profit doesn't mean that their business is necessarily healthy. Nintendo's portable market is losing ground to smartphones and the Wii U has been a commercial failure and thanks to it kids are no longer growing up with Mario and Link as household names. Shareholders know this, but the good news is that Nintendo can start to turn the ship around depending on what they do in 2016. I just hope that Nintendo fans will do their part by not exploding the internet when Nintendo announces NX for a 2016 release and buries the Wii U.

Wow, rationaliy and reason. You deserve credit for this. I totally agree. Well said.

VitroBahllee said:
JetSetter said:
Their stock did recover slightly after the fallout for a while but started dropping again as of late. Not like it should come as a surprise though, all markets are down right now.

Google is up 50 dollars a share in the same time period.

most of it is just because of the way the market is going.  The nikkei is down 19% in the last 6 months, Sony is down 24%, Nintendo down 28%.   You want to talk about google but apple is down 25%, most stocks are way down.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Microsoft is down this year, but was up alot last year. Same with google.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Illusion said:

Couldn't have said it better.

Rational debate regarding Nintendo's current situation is being drowned out by the hollering of the "Nintendo can do no wrong" apologists and the "Nintendo should go third party" doom brigade.

The whole issue has become depressingly bipartisan.

Illusion said:

hey man, nintendo has to ride out the wii u wave. they got themselves into that mess and it is their responsibility to deliver and as iwata put it, make sure that the userbase for this system is satisfied. ignoring that philosophy can get you into trouble really fast.