By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Stock has NOT Recovered, Apologists!

VitroBahllee said:
barneystinson69 said:

LOL. What's the point of this thread? You bought into the wrong stock, don't push it only us. XD

I didn't buy Nintendo stock. I am just demanding an apology from the pushy, angry people who told me I 'didn't know the first thing about stocks' when I said that people were obviously upset at the fact that Miitomo looked like butt and they lost faith in Nintendo's 'mobile' expansion. People talked down to me and told me I was a fool and their stock was already recovering. It's now doing much worse. They should admit they were big doodyheads.

LOL

This is internet. Get over it.

Around the Network

Sony stock hasn't gotten back up either. It's been a generally very down market lately.

Nintendo stock up 9.07% today :)

Been rough with stocks across the board just look at past year for both Sony and Nintendo, All went really high then crashed. Just how the market is.

Sony:

Jan 20th 2015 - 2462.00

2015 High - 3957.00

Jan 19th 2016 - 2666.50

Nintendo:

Jan 20th 2015 - 12,185,00

2015 high - 25,010,00

Jan 19th 2016 - 15,990,00

Does it even make sense to take this info to the people who you want to prove wrong now ? at least wait until Miitomo releases and let's see who was right if you or the people you say told you that you were wrong...

I've thought for a while now that Nintendo's stock would be a great buy right now. It's so low and been sinking lately, but you just know it's going to bounce back up eventually right? Makes sense to me anyway.

Around the Network
Illusion said:

Part of being a true Nintendo supporter is understanding that the company is struggling right now more so then they have any other time in the past 30 years. Now, that doesn't mean that they are at risk of going out of business but it does mean that their current business model (aka. dedicated consoles) is in a tough spot right now.

Unfortunately, people on both sides of this argument take extreme views that simply aren't true. The Nintendoomers insist that Nintendo needs to throw in the towel and go 3rd party ASAP (which is convenient since they would probably line up to buy the first Nintendo game that came to Xbox One). On the other side, we have the unabated Nintendo apologists who insist that nothing is wrong with Nintendo and that they should just keep supporting the Wii U indefinitely. Both of these views are harmful to Nintendo as they ignore the reality of the situation and are really just based out of selfishness (ie. "I want to buy Nintendo games without having to pay for new hardware").

People need to realize that Nintendo's stock is down because the company is in a tough spot. Just because a company is turning a profit doesn't mean that their business is necessarily healthy. Nintendo's portable market is losing ground to smartphones and the Wii U has been a commercial failure and thanks to it kids are no longer growing up with Mario and Link as household names. Shareholders know this, but the good news is that Nintendo can start to turn the ship around depending on what they do in 2016. I just hope that Nintendo fans will do their part by not exploding the internet when Nintendo announces NX for a 2016 release and buries the Wii U.

People prefer to throw words like "perception" and "rush" as arguments against reality, when the current Nintendo "perception" is terrible and they don't have any proof of any "rush" hardware.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Apology!? Apology for what!?

Nintendo Share Value Continues to Improve as Investor Confidence Grows
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/01/nintendo_share_value_continues_to_improve_as_investor_confidence_grows

Stock debates... ah capitalism...

I remember this guy's arguments with people, for a start he was told share holders were selling before the market corrects itself so they can profit as the stock was inflated and later they would re-enter the same position when the stock is low, not what he claims in the op about selling low and all that.

He then got into words with numerous people and has now owned himself with the timing of this thread because low and behold he was told the stock would recover in a few months and he posts this thread a few months after the argument when the stock recovers, it's poetic ownage at an unmatched level.

People like this always hang themselves, I wonder if he'll be back after the recent news and if he himself will apologize, ROFL.

SpokenTruth said:
Pavolink said:

I don't know if they have like half of that right now, but 11b no more.

$7.7 billion cash and short term.
$11.3 billion in total assets.

$19.0 billion in total cash and assets.

$1.5 billion in total liabilities.

$0.00 debt.

Stock up 9% yesterday.

Why do so many people think Nintendo is in danger of being bought, merging, going 3rd party or filing bankruptcy?

Because apparently winning the consoles wars are somehow more important than being an efficient & profitable business.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.