By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The thumbs down system is broken, abused by trolls

The thumbs down/up system

Is abused and should be only thumb up 15 23.44%

Is abused and should be given as privilege 4 6.25%

Is abused and those who a... 8 12.50%

Is what it is, and reflec... 37 57.81%

Total:64

I always get thumbs downs mostly when I say something negative about Nintendo. lol

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
Oh crap the system is broken?
Quick post your complaint in an article and I'll downvote it to check if it works

I blame the feminists!

padib said:
potato_hamster said:

Ha! Or is it because I pointed out how far you stuck your foot in your mouth, used your own reasoning against you again, and you'd rather pout than actually make any sort of a counter.

But that's fine. It just makes you look bad.

No, it's because I was annoyed that you weren't able to realize that I knew you would say something like this if you lacked foresight.

It doesn't matter who looks bad or not, what matter is who is bad.

So again, you completely ignore the crux of my argument and get hung up on the first sentence that is actually explained further below in the comment, and then you have the audacity to tell me I lacked foresight without even reading everything I had to say.

Tremendous job.

Do you realize the hypocrisy of accusing me of doing something that you're actually doing while accusing me of it?

padib said:
potato_hamster said:

So again, you completely ignore the crux of my argument and get hung up on the first sentence that is actually explained further below in the comment, and then you have the audacity to tell me I lacked foresight without even reading everything I had to say.

Tremendous job.

Do you realize the hypocrisy of accusing me of doing something that you're actually doing while accusing me of it?

The difference is that I fully explained in the same sentence why number A was more potent than number B. You made a statement that was bad and demeaning and you should apologize for it. Otherwise I'm done talking to you.

But I also fully explain why that's complete nonsense, and you refuse to read it. The fact that you're getting hung up on one sentence and refuse to read the crux of the argument means that there's nothing left to be said. You've practically already conceded by focusing on getting offended over nothing intead of the point itself. It's like a reverse ad hominem where instead of attacking me rather than the argument, you're taking offense rather than focusing on the argument.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about your feelings, much less if you're feelings are hurt because I pointed out how completely and utterly ridiculous your claims are. Don't like that an 8 year old can point holes in your argument? Don't make an argument an 8 year old can find holes in.

Dear lord lol, this thread and the last 20 replies back and forth make me think that the thumbs up/down system should be used for comments on here as well as articles.

I didn't read it because I was upset, but I got upset because you commented on the first portion of what I wrote (along with the rest of it). Amazing.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

wait you can properly comment on articles now?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

How do you mean properly? You can comment on all stories on the front page here from vgchartz or the stuff which was formerly just on gamrconnect if that is what you mean?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
kirby007 said:

How do you mean properly? You can comment on all stories on the front page here from vgchartz or the stuff which was formerly just on gamrconnect if that is what you mean?

You used to actually needed to create a discuq or additional gmrwise account

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

padib said:
potato_hamster said:

But I also fully explain why that's complete nonsense, and you refuse to read it. The fact that you're getting hung up on one sentence and refuse to read the crux of the argument means that there's nothing left to be said. You've practically already conceded by focusing on getting offended over nothing intead of the point itself. It's like a reverse ad hominem where instead of attacking me rather than the argument, you're taking offense rather than focusing on the argument.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about your feelings, much less if you're feelings are hurt because I pointed out how completely and utterly ridiculous your claims are. Don't like that an 8 year old can point holes in your argument? Don't make an argument an 8 year old can find holes in.

Too late potato_hamster. You lost your chance. Next time try to be constructive rather than just trying to bash my argument the easy way.

lol. "Lost my chance"? Hardly. I blatantly decided not to apologize because I don't think it merited one.

I bashed your argument by pointing out the holes in it,  and you ignored and cried offense because you knew you had no leg to stand on. Now you shut down the discussion because you have no counter to what I said, you don't want to try to get out of the corner you backed into. So, instead you're crying about hurt feelings. And here you are accusing me of not being constructive.

Hilarious. Way to go.

kirby007 said:
ganoncrotch said:
kirby007 said:

You used to actually needed to create a discuq or additional gmrwise account

Oh yeah, Discuqz or w/e that was, you don't need that anymore for all the stuff on the left side of the front page, it all pretty much works in the same Vgchartz format. Has done for a good while, they changed it when there was threads and threads of whining because both vgchartz and gamrconnect were basically putting up the same article each couple of days so there would be 2 of everything on the front, was a complete mess so it was just consolidated into one articles portion, the vgchartz format.

Works very well! you can downvote everything! :D