Pikmin 0 0%

star fox 6 9.52%

kid icarus 17 26.98%

Metroid 6 9.52%

Splatoon 16 25.40%

Golden Sun 6 9.52%

other: specify 9 14.29%

Total:63

Nintendo isn't a stranger to the small screen. There have been a handful of Nintendo based cartoons and Animes: Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby, F-zero, even a fire emblem ova. The question is which Nintendo IP could actually be successful as a full 12-26 ep anime?

Not simply what you want but what would actually be a success financially for Nintendo.

Poll was added so I wouldn't have to do two threads. It's a different question. Which ip would be successful that hasn't already been done?

Around the Network

Kid Icarus

Zelda/FE if they want to do something serious;

Splatoon/Kid Ikarus if they want to do something massively appealing/advertise a lot;

Mario if they manage to insert him in a cartoon that they want people to call Anime lmao seriously, Mario's style is too different

Voted kid icarus. The animations they had for it at e3 2014 when link vs pit and pal got announced was beautiful.

Kid Icarus Uprising was very similar in tone to an anime already, so why not that IP?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Kid Icarus Uprising was very similar in tone to an anime already, so why not that IP?

Plus they teased us with Palutena's Revolting Dinner. Thus, it can work with their funny banter.

Mother: The writing is there but I'm not sure if it will translate as well

Pikmin: No. CGI

Star Fox: I wanna say yes... I also wanna say no... I don't know why I say this either way

Kid Icarus: Hands down the one I want and think is a great fit. It already has anime shorts and the game itself lends itself pretty well

Metroid: I think it would be best as a film series

Splatoon: This one seems like the obvious one. It already has a manga with two more on the way and the game lends itself pretty well

Golden Sun: Not quite sure.

I'm not sure why people think Metroid would translate well as an anime or a movie. Considering most of its games Samus is alone in a planet during the entire run, without noone to talk to, it would take serious retooling of the material for that to work. And that could leave to an Other M situation all over again. There are comics and mangas about Metroid, but for a movie or a series, I don't think it would translate well.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Golden Sun would be a good anime but Kid Icarus is freaking destined for Disney XD glory.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

So we're not even going to consider Animal Crossing???

Have a nice day...