By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think would have a bigger impact as a NX launch title?

I would prefer a new 3d mario game, Splatoon isn't even a year old yet so it probably won't be out til at least 2017.

Around the Network

Probably Splatoon 2 honestly, if for nothing else but Japan, it's the hot new franchise there it looks like. That could drive early system adoption and make NX a very different story there.

I think the biggest impact would be for these stupid NX threads to just stop already. Tired of seeing 4-5 new ones a day on here.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Exactly titles that I think will launch titles for NX, new 3D Mario and Zelda U port, very good combination for launch titles.

Splatoon would be an interesting release as all the buzz around it and since there are still a lot of people who don't want to buy a Wii U but could be tempted to grab the NX if it looks very promising as a new piece of hardware.

Probably depends of release of the NX 2017 I could defiantly see Splatoon 2 as a launch title but is 2016 may be a little soon for a sequel and would likely see it 6-12 months after.

Couldn't they be both release titles though?

Around the Network

I'd rather have a Mario game from the beginning. Splatoon might be a better release for the second year of the NX, to keep the momentum going.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

A Mario Galaxy 3 game by far.

Mario games are usually the ones that get Nintendo consoles going. Besides, Splatoon is such a recent game that I doubt Nintendo will make another one so soon. Super Mario 3D World was released in 2013, so it wouldn't even be that much of a stretch to see a new 3D mario near release for the NX.

Paatar said:
I think the biggest impact would be for these stupid NX threads to just stop already. Tired of seeing 4-5 new ones a day on here.

It's going to be nnounced this year. have a little patients. We're at max 5 months away from knowing exactly what it is.

Miyamotoo said:
Exactly titles that I think will launch titles for NX, new 3D Mario and Zelda U port, very good combination for launch titles.

Depends, if NX does release 2017 and a lot of people already have Zelda U, Splatoon 2 would be the obvious choice of the better title to release.