By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think would have a bigger impact as a NX launch title?

As much as I love Splatoon, way more than any 3D Mario, I can't deny that a brand new 3D Mario would probably get more people on board, it simply has way more history and is way more iconic than Splatoon, thus people are more likely to buy a whole console for it. That's what I think anyway. The best option would be to have both, though some people have brought a good point about having a consistent release schedule. I think Splatoon would hold it's own as the big holiday game.

Around the Network

Depends on the Mario game. A mario game like NSMBU that adds little to the franchise? Then Splatoon 2. A game like Mario Galaxy that is a leap above its predecessors? Then Mario.

At any rate, Splatoon just came out last year, so it'd be better for Spla2n to have a little more development time. Release it in year two with a legitimate single player component, and you're golden.

Super Mario Galaxy 3

The next Zelda being full NX exclusive would guarantee sales, but piss off the fanbase. A better choice, and most likely, will be a Zelda U port.

Also there must be a Mario 64 caliber game. The WiiU did not have anything like that, so fans will flock to it. A new Mario 3D world would be nice as well as that caters to a different style, but an actual adventure Mario is a must.

A proper metroid, current gen Donkey Kong, Earthbound, and a follow up for Star Fox announced for later in the pipeline. And last but CERTAINLY not least, a true console version of Pokemon with full online support (main game to be single player though).

If they do all of this, they could make a monumental comeback. If they do half of this at launch, they will at least be relevant to most of the console market again.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

New 3D Mario simply because people are getting blue balls from not getting a 'true' 3D Mario this generation -- but that's only if the next 3D Mario carries the type of innovation and wonder that we expect from series. Splatoon 2 will probably simmer for another year or two and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo develops an anime for it in the mean time to keep interest high.

Around the Network

Depends...

If it's a creative 3D Mario with amazing visuals/ideas, I bet this would impact more. If it's 3D World-like, then definitely Splatoon 2.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

MikeRox said:
bigtakilla said:

So the answer to Nintendo's Wii U woes is to rerelease every Wii U game? That would demolish the diehard fanbase, I would leave, seriously. Then during their next identity crisis they would have noone,and earned it.

No, the new NX games would be for Wii U owners upgrading.

The Wii U rereleases would be for the people who would have bought the games on Wii U had the system already not been in clear trouble way before the later Wii U games launched.

PS3 remasters didn't seem to do any harm to the PS4.

Playstation is not responsible for whether or not Naughty Dog, or Capcom want to remake their games. Nintendo directly telling the fans that bought the Wii U that their money was wasted and bringing all their games to NX is a direct slap to the face to the people who were there when things for Nintendo were at their worst.

3D Mario. WE haven't had an original 3D Mario since Galaxy. If Nintendo could pull that kind of excitement again, NX would benefit greatly. Splatoon 2 wouldn't do bad either.

bigtakilla said:
MikeRox said:

No, the new NX games would be for Wii U owners upgrading.

The Wii U rereleases would be for the people who would have bought the games on Wii U had the system already not been in clear trouble way before the later Wii U games launched.

PS3 remasters didn't seem to do any harm to the PS4.

Playstation is not responsible for whether or not Naughty Dog, or Capcom want to remake their games. Nintendo directly telling the fans that bought the Wii U that their money was wasted and bringing all their games to NX is a direct slap to the face to the people who were there when things for Nintendo were at their worst.

Capcom no, Naughty Dog yes. Also Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
bigtakilla said:

Capcom no, Naughty Dog yes. Also Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.

I guess true enough (as far as Naughty Dog).