By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:
Wii U fans honestly should stop complaining.

This console is a miserable failure. It's *barely* at half of what the GameCube finished at in the back half of its life cycle and wheezing like a fat kid trying to make it up a flight of stairs. The market has overwhelmingly rejected this console. It's going to be remembered as nothing but a failure.

OK? We clear?

You guys should be grateful for whatever support it gets from here on out, if this console was made by any other company they would have DITCHED you guys about a year ago (see: Vita, Sony). Sony would have. Microsoft would have. Sega would have. Any other company would have.

Be happy that you're still getting games like Star Fox and freaking Zelda at all, let alone asking for Zelda to not be put on NX.

This is like asking for a massage at a three star hotel ... this is a shitty situation, just enjoy what you're getting instead of acting like you're in a five star hotel where you're going to get 80 flavors of ice cream. Ain't happening. When a console sells this bad and it's still getting solid support in year 4 from the console maker ... that's a damn miracle in and of itself.

So you are saying I'm completely right. We should not put our confidence in Nintendo hardware.

You should accept the reality of the situation ... this is a shit situation for Nintendo and nothing can be done about it now. 

If you don't want to support Nintendo hardware in the future that's fine, that's a personal call, no big deal. 

But all this stuff about "This Zelda bettter be exclsuive! You owe us! Star Fox looks low budget! Where's Metroid?" ... no, they don't owe that Wii U shit. You're lucky they haven't abandoned the platform 100%, it is selling *that* bad, the freaking Vita which has been orphaned by Sony still has sold more worldwide and Sony took that out back and buried it last year. 

The Wii U is getting good support from Nintendo considering it is selling like donkey crap, how much more can be expected from a system with a userbase of 12 million going into its 4th year. 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

Nobody was fooled, Nintendo said the game was coming to Wii U and the game is still coming to Wii U, as long as the game releases on Wii U than Nintendo lived up to their end of the deal.

People shouldn't spend money on products they don't care for, that is a consumer problem, not Nintendo's.

Again it makes no sense to but a console a year before u plan to use it. It is absolutely stupid, buy the console when the game u want releases and u never have to deal with these self induced problems.

And this is the problem. Before the NX was announced, and before it was supposed to release LoZ was supposed to release on Wii U. It's not the consumers problem, it's Nintendo's problem.

Saying it's the consumers problem for believing Nintendo is 100% my point.

But it's still releasing on Wii U, so if u bought a Wii U for Zelda ur still getting Zelda.

It is the consumers problem, if u didn't want a Wii U and only got if for Zelda than why would that person buy a Wii U a year before Zelda was set to release? It's not Nintendo's fault that people buy things they don't want.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

Doesn't fix the fact that the damage will be done. Period.

Which in turn will bring less consumer confidence in their hardware.

There is no damage done by releasing Zelda as a cross-gen title, it's a non issue to everybody but a select few vocal people on the internet.

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

U still get the game though, the Wii U version doesn't lose its value just because there is also an NX version. It's an unjustified complaint.

Except for they could have saved their money and got a NX. It's not like they'll be singing praises of getting to play the worse version of what they spent $360 for (console + game). 

Nintendo promised Wii U owners new Zelda and Wii U owners will get that new Zelda, really can't see not single problem here, porting Zelda U to NX does not change nothing really, you acting like Nintendo will not released at all Zelda U on Wii U.

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

And this is the problem. Before the NX was announced, and before it was supposed to release LoZ was supposed to release on Wii U. It's not the consumers problem, it's Nintendo's problem.

Saying it's the consumers problem for believing Nintendo is 100% my point.

But it's still releasing on Wii U, so if u bought a Wii U for Zelda ur still getting Zelda.

It is the consumers problem, if u didn't want a Wii U and only got if for Zelda than why would that person buy a Wii U a year before Zelda was set to release? It's not Nintendo's fault that people buy things they don't want.

Without knowing you had different options.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

We're not talking about Wii U, we're talking about Zelda U, the game doesn't lose its value by becoming a cross-gen release. Wii U owners don't have to upgrade to NX, they can simply still play the game on the console they own.

This thead isn't a Zelda problem thread. No doubt Zelda U will sell better on two different platforms, this is however DIRECTLY (lol) a Nintendo problem. And to that I say a nugget on a shit mound is still a nugget. A problem is still a problem even if it's supposedly a small one.

Zelda U on NX doesn't lessen the value of Zelda, but it does Wii U which will directly impact consumer confidence in their hardware which is proven even by Twilight Princess. 

At the end of the day it's WAY more profitable to sell 2 million NX's than it is to sell 2 million Zelda U's.

AM I RIGHT RAIN2?

I know what the thread is about, but the conversation at hand has transitioned from the OP to what people are currently discussing, which is specifically about Zelda.

There is no problem, it's something that over entitled internet loud mouthes have created. If a game company deciding to release a single game on multiple pieces of hardware is something that legitimately upsets a person than they likely have no life or get upset by the most miniscule things in life. If something that irrelevant affects somebody's life in a negative way than I would hate to see how they react to actual real world problems.

How does Twilight Princess prove anything about consumer confidence? Releasing that as a swan song for GameCube along with being a launch title for Wii can only be seen as a positive outcome for Nintendo and consumers. The game provided strong software sales and moved hardware for Nintendo while providing GameCube owners with a badass game and Wii owners with a badass game. Who lost out in that scenario? Nobody, it was a win-win for everybody.

Basicly this.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

Except for they could have saved their money and got a NX. It's not like they'll be singing praises of getting to play the worse version of what they spent $360 for (console + game). 

Nintendo promised Wii U owners new Zelda and Wii U owners will get that new Zelda, really can't see not single problem here, porting Zelda U to NX does not change nothing really, you acting like Nintendo will not released at all Zelda U on Wii U.

No, I'm pretening Nintendo pretended like there weren't other options which there may be.

No wait, that actually happened.

Miyamotoo said:
zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

We're not talking about Wii U, we're talking about Zelda U, the game doesn't lose its value by becoming a cross-gen release. Wii U owners don't have to upgrade to NX, they can simply still play the game on the console they own.

This thead isn't a Zelda problem thread. No doubt Zelda U will sell better on two different platforms, this is however DIRECTLY (lol) a Nintendo problem. And to that I say a nugget on a shit mound is still a nugget. A problem is still a problem even if it's supposedly a small one.

Zelda U on NX doesn't lessen the value of Zelda, but it does Wii U which will directly impact consumer confidence in their hardware which is proven even by Twilight Princess. 

At the end of the day it's WAY more profitable to sell 2 million NX's than it is to sell 2 million Zelda U's.

AM I RIGHT RAIN2?

I know what the thread is about, but the conversation at hand has transitioned from the OP to what people are currently discussing, which is specifically about Zelda.

There is no problem, it's something that over entitled internet loud mouthes have created. If a game company deciding to release a single game on multiple pieces of hardware is something that legitimately upsets a person than they likely have no life or get upset by the most miniscule things in life. If something that irrelevant affects somebody's life in a negative way than I would hate to see how they react to actual real world problems.

How does Twilight Princess prove anything about consumer confidence? Releasing that as a swan song for GameCube along with being a launch title for Wii can only be seen as a positive outcome for Nintendo and consumers. The game provided strong software sales and moved hardware for Nintendo while providing GameCube owners with a badass game and Wii owners with a badass game. Who lost out in that scenario? Nobody, it was a win-win for everybody.

Basicly this.

Answering in your responses.

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

Once again, just answer this question because I have asked it at least 5 times now without u answering.

If somebody didn't have any interest in Wii U other than Zelda, than why would they buy the console a year before the game they wanted released?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

Once again, just answer this question because I have asked it at least 5 times now without u answering.

If somebody didn't have any interest in Wii U other than Zelda, than why would they buy the console a year before the game they wanted released?

Because they were interested in Zelda U, though maybe not the hardware.

(I've actually answered this all 5 times)