By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

Stop answering questions with questions, give a straight answer first and then proceed to ask ur own question.

Why would somebody spend $300 on a piece of hardware they werent interested in knowing that it wouldn't get used for 8-17 months (roughly one year)?

It is absolutely illogical to spend hundreds of dollars on something that won't get used for a year, that is called being unwise with money, it's not Nintendo's fault that people buy things they don't want.

Doesn't fix the fact that the damage will be done. Period.

Which in turn will bring less consumer confidence in their hardware.

Which damage?

How many people do you think bought a Wii U only for the announced Zelda U and have no interest at all in any other Wii U game?

That has to be a very small group, don't you think?

And even if these people exist... they didn't lose $300 on that decision. Wii U prices haven't gone down the last 2 years, so they could sell the unwanted Wii U now with almost no loss.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:
Nintendo didn't swindle anybody. If u only wanted a Wii U to play Zelda than u shouldn't have bought a Wii U until Zelda released. It's as simple as that. Don't blame Nintendo because u spend ur money unwisely.

Lol, clearly the consumers fault Nintendo said 2015.

*edit* So now my turn, aswer this one question directly. Are you saying that June 2014 consumers should not have had CONFIDENCE in NINTENDO that Zelda U would release in 2015?

It has nothing to do with confidence, people should be wiser with their money, if u want a console just for one game than there is literally no benefit to buying that console if the game isn't out yet. Buy the console when the game/games u want have released, u avoid any and all problems by doing this.

I personally never buy a console until there are at least 5 guys that I must have. I waited to buy a Wii U until March 2014 because of this. Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, 3D World, Tropical Freeze had all released with Mario Kart just a few weeks away. I bought the console when I felt it had enough value in its current form.

Buying a console a year before the game u want releases is plain stupid and u can't blame anyone but urself for choosing to do something stupid.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

It has nothing to do with confidence, people should be wiser with their money, if u want a console just for one game than there is literally no benefit to buying that console if the game isn't out yet. Buy the console when the game/games u want have released, u avoid any and all problems by doing this.

I agree. Even if we ignore the possibility of a NX console with the same game for a moment, there are a lot of other things that could happen until the launch of the game:

• the console could get a big price drop until the release of the desired game
  • the console could get a new revision with nice improvements until the release of the desired game
  • the desired game could be bundled with the console, so you miss out on a gorgeous special edition of the hardware
  • you wasted your warranty by buying the hardware early and not using it
  • all of the above 

Conina said:
zorg1000 said:

I agree. Even if we ignore the possibility of a NX console with the same game for a moment, there are a lot of other things that could happen until the launch of the game:

• the console could get a big price drop until the release of the desired game
  • the console could get a new revision with nice improvements until the release of the desired game
  • the desired game could be bundled with the console, so you miss out on a gorgeous special edition of the hardware
  • you wasted your warranty by buying the hardware early and not using it
  • all of the above 

Yep, agree 100%, there is literally not a single benefit to buying hardware if the software u want for it isn't out yet.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Thunderbird77 said:
gabzjmm23 said:
if NX is a minimal upgrade from the Wii U, then it doesn't make sense for the Wii U owners to buy NX.

What's the point of making "ifs" with 0% chance of happening? It's like saying "if the next iphone gives people cancer, people have no reason to buy it."

there is a chance NX can be a minimal upgrade of the Wii U and with the patent gamepad that is a slim version of WiiU's gamepad.  it would put those WiiU owners in a situation of 'not again'.

most from the people i know just wanted a traditional console but knowing nintendo it won't happen.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

Lol, clearly the consumers fault Nintendo said 2015.

*edit* So now my turn, aswer this one question directly. Are you saying that June 2014 consumers should not have had CONFIDENCE in NINTENDO that Zelda U would release in 2015?

I personally never buy a console until there are at least 5 guys that I must have. I waited to buy a Wii U until March 2014 because of this. Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, 3D World, Tropical Freeze had all released with Mario Kart just a few weeks away. I bought the console when I felt it had enough value in its current form.

Buying a console a year before the game u want releases is plain stupid and u can't blame anyone but urself for choosing to do something stupid.

This means don't have confidence in them. So thanks for proving my point. Just so you know the definition: full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing:

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

I don't exaggerating at all, Zelda U is coming basically at end of Wii U life and when next platform is arriving, that means very short life of game on WIi U, on Wii U could sell around 3m, but on NX could sell at least same number, because like NX launch will have huge effect and game itself would sell hole NX life span, while Wii U will basicly be dead after NX and Zelda U launch.

Also you have TP Zelda sale numbers, and where Wii TP sale numbers are far more higher than GC sales numbers, even Wii TP having higher attach rate than GC.

Also you alredy having Tp

There are a lot of determining factors which we can bet avatar control over when the time comes.

This are all pure facts:

-Zelda U is biggest and most expensive project. Fact.

-Zelda U on NX like launch title will have much better sales and life than staying Wii U exclusive.

-Zelda U could killer app for NX launch that will help NX. Fact.

-Nintendo already done something similar with TP. Fact.

-Like reason against you can only say every Nintendo console has exclusive Zelda (but that's not entirely true, OoT and MM were ported on GC, and WW and TP on Wii U), but that isnt problem at all and doesn't change anything, because its way more important than Wii U owners have new Zelda game than that be exclusive. Fact.

What do real thing Nintendo will do with Zelda U!? It's very obvious what they will choose, that will be very logical and business sense decision.

At the expense of swindling some Wii U owners sure, and at 11 million sales you probably shouldn't be swindling people.

How exactly they swindling people!? Will Wii U owner will able to play Zelda U, definitely, You acting like they will not released Zelda U at all for Wii U. Same could say for GC owners with TP. Again you totatly ignoring facts that I wrote.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

At the expense of swindling some Wii U owners sure, and at 11 million sales you probably shouldn't be swindling people.

How exactly they swindling people!? Will Wii U owner will able to play Zelda U, definitely, You acting like they will not released Zelda U at all for Wii U. Same could say for GC owners with TP. Again you totatly ignoring facts that I wrote.

By not letting them know they had a choice, keep up.

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

No, when someone says they are going to deliver on something they need to deliver.

As long as it releases on Wii U than Nintendo did in fact deliver on their promise.

No, people need to be responsible with their finances and not blame others for their actions.

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

This means don't have confidence in them. So thanks for proving my point.

Ur point is stupid and makes no sense.