By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

But it's still releasing on Wii U, so if u bought a Wii U for Zelda ur still getting Zelda.

It is the consumers problem, if u didn't want a Wii U and only got if for Zelda than why would that person buy a Wii U a year before Zelda was set to release? It's not Nintendo's fault that people buy things they don't want.

Without knowing you had different options.

Once again, just answer this question because I have asked it at least 5 times now without u answering.

If somebody didn't have any interest in Wii U other than Zelda, than why would they buy the console a year before the game they wanted released?

Because they were interested in Zelda U, though maybe not the hardware.

No, that's not an answer.

Why did they get it A YEAR BEFORE THE GAME THEY WANTED RELEASED?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

Because they were interested in Zelda U, though maybe not the hardware.

It was announced, they were interested. They had the money so they bought a Wii U....

Interested software wise, not hardware wise.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

I don't exaggerating at all, Zelda U is coming basically at end of Wii U life and when next platform is arriving, that means very short life of game on WIi U, on Wii U could sell around 3m, but on NX could sell at least same number, because like NX launch will have huge effect and game itself would sell hole NX life span, while Wii U will basicly be dead after NX and Zelda U launch.

Also you have TP Zelda sale numbers, and where Wii TP sale numbers are far more higher than GC sales numbers, even Wii TP having higher attach rate than GC.

Also you alredy having Tp

There are a lot of determining factors which we can bet avatar control over when the time comes.

This are all pure facts:

-Zelda U is biggest and most expensive project. Fact.

-Zelda U on NX like launch title will have much better sales and life than staying Wii U exclusive.

-Zelda U could killer app for NX launch that will help NX. Fact.

-Nintendo already done something similar with TP. Fact.

-Like reason against you can only say every Nintendo console has exclusive Zelda (but that's not entirely true, OoT and MM were ported on GC, and WW and TP on Wii U), but that isnt problem at all and doesn't change anything, because its way more important than Wii U owners have new Zelda game than that be exclusive. Fact.

What do real thing Nintendo will do with Zelda U!? It's very obvious what they will choose, that will be very logical and business sense decision.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Nintendo promised Wii U owners new Zelda and Wii U owners will get that new Zelda, really can't see not single problem here, porting Zelda U to NX does not change nothing really, you acting like Nintendo will not released at all Zelda U on Wii U.

No, I'm pretening Nintendo pretended like there weren't other options which there may be.

No wait, that actually happened.

Nobody couldn't predict very long devomplement time of Zelda U, terrible Wii U sales and shorter Wii U life span.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

I don't exaggerating at all, Zelda U is coming basically at end of Wii U life and when next platform is arriving, that means very short life of game on WIi U, on Wii U could sell around 3m, but on NX could sell at least same number, because like NX launch will have huge effect and game itself would sell hole NX life span, while Wii U will basicly be dead after NX and Zelda U launch.

Also you have TP Zelda sale numbers, and where Wii TP sale numbers are far more higher than GC sales numbers, even Wii TP having higher attach rate than GC.

There are a lot of determining factors which we can bet avatar control over when the time comes.

This are all pure facts:

-Zelda U on NX like launch title will have much better sales and life than staying Wii U exclusive.

-Zelda U could killer app for NX launch. Fact.

-Like reason against you can only say every Nintendo console has exclusive Zelda (but that's not entirely true, OoT and MM were ported on GC, and WW and TP on Wii U), but that isnt problem at all and doesn't change anything, because its way more important than Wii U owners have new Zelda game than that be exclusive. Fact.

What do real thing Nintendo will do with Zelda U!? It's very obvious what they will choose, that will be very logical and business sense decision.

At the price of some Wii U owners being swindled, sure.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

It was announced, they were interested. They had the money so they bought a Wii U....

But if they weren't interested in any other game on Wii U than that means their Wii U was a useless item lying around their house for a year or possibly longer.

Buy the console when the game u want releases and u never have to deal with these miniscule made up problems that normal people never have to face because they think before they do things.

It is not Nintendo's fault that certain people spend their money frivolously on things they don't want or don't plan to use for an extended period of time.

If I buy a 2016 car and for whatever reason I don't plan on driving it for an entire year then I start to complain once I start driving it because there is a better 2017 model out for the same price I bought my 2016 model, that would be my own problem caused by my own actions, not the car dealership who sold it to me or the car manufacturer.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

This are all pure facts:

-Zelda U could killer app for NX launch that will help NX. Fact.

At the expense of swindling some Wii U owners sure, and at 11 million sales you probably shouldn't be swindling people.

Nintendo didn't swindle anybody. If u only wanted a Wii U to play Zelda than u shouldn't have bought a Wii U until Zelda released. It's as simple as that. Don't blame Nintendo because u spend ur money unwisely.

zorg1000 said:
Nintendo didn't swindle anybody. If u only wanted a Wii U to play Zelda than u shouldn't have bought a Wii U until Zelda released. It's as simple as that. Don't blame Nintendo because u spend ur money unwisely.

Lol, clearly the consumers fault Nintendo said 2015.

*edit* So now my turn, aswer this one question directly. Are you saying that June 2014 consumers should not have had CONFIDENCE in NINTENDO that Zelda U would release in 2015?

bigtakilla said:
Conina said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=zelda&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

• 1998: Ocarina of Time = 7.60m (after gaining cult status as "best game ever" and the first 3D-Zeda
  • 2000: Majora's Mask = 3.36m (1 platform)
  • 2002: Wind Waker = 4.60m (1 platform)
  • 2006: Twilight Princess = 8.84m (2 platforms)
  • 2011: Skyward Sword = 4.05m (1 platform)

It seems to me that the 2 platform strategy of TP paid off, it helped to sell a few millions more than MM, WW or SS. I really doubt that it would have reached even 5 million on GameCube only.

If both platforms performed well I'd see your point, but that isn't the case is it.

What difference does it make to Nintendo if TP sold better on GC, better on Wii or exactly the same on both platforms, if the sum is around 9 million in each case thanks to the two-platform-strategy? You are just shifting goal posts after you ridiculed the idea that a cross-gen-release on two platforms could result in "a few million more" sales.