By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

We're not talking about Wii U, we're talking about Zelda U, the game doesn't lose its value by becoming a cross-gen release. Wii U owners don't have to upgrade to NX, they can simply still play the game on the console they own.

This thead isn't a Zelda problem thread. No doubt Zelda U will sell better on two different platforms, this is however DIRECTLY (lol) a Nintendo problem. And to that I say a nugget on a shit mound is still a nugget. A problem is still a problem even if it's supposedly a small one.

Zelda U on NX doesn't lessen the value of Zelda, but it does Wii U which will directly impact consumer confidence in their hardware which is proven even by Twilight Princess. 

At the end of the day it's WAY more profitable to sell 2 million NX's than it is to sell 2 million Zelda U's.

AM I RIGHT RAIN2?

I know what the thread is about, but the conversation at hand has transitioned from the OP to what people are currently discussing, which is specifically about Zelda.

There is no problem, it's something that over entitled internet loud mouthes have created. If a game company deciding to release a single game on multiple pieces of hardware is something that legitimately upsets a person than they likely have no life or get upset by the most miniscule things in life. If something that irrelevant affects somebody's life in a negative way than I would hate to see how they react to actual real world problems.

How does Twilight Princess prove anything about consumer confidence? Releasing that as a swan song for GameCube along with being a launch title for Wii can only be seen as a positive outcome for Nintendo and consumers. The game provided strong software sales and moved hardware for Nintendo while providing GameCube owners with a badass game and Wii owners with a badass game. Who lost out in that scenario? Nobody, it was a win-win for everybody.

If you can't see how someone not legitimately intersted in Wii U but got one for Zelda U would be upset to know he could have just gotten an NX than I would say you need to think about this a little longer.

But if someone wasn't interested in Wii U to begin with than why the hell did they buy one over a year before the only game they were interested in released? That literally means they had a useless $300 box sitting around their house for over a year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

Keep reading, shit gets put in perspective a little later.

We've been in this train since the delay announcement. There's no loss for Nintendo on releasing on both platforms.

You haven't read far enough yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but June 2014 (E3) through March 2015 people may have specifically bought Wii U for Zelda Wii U. Them getting f'd is the problem.

bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:

We've been in this train since the delay announcement. There's no loss for Nintendo on releasing on both platforms.

You haven't read far enough yet.

I've read enough posts of people being "mad". I just don't believe them. They were not mad in the first place about a nonsense delay, let alone a new version.

They will just eat the next PR just like before.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

What point is getting proven? Yes, I'm calling out dumb people for doing dumb things, again how does that prove any point that ur trying to make?

You can, nobody is stopping u, but how do u not see how illogical it is to buy something knowing it won't get used for 1-2 years? It's the equivalent of owning a brick, u can't do shit with it.

Lol, what you actually mean is you have no response. Gotcha.

More like the other way around, I asked 2 separate questions in my last post, neither of which you even attempted to answer. At this point, you are no longer making any sense.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

If you can't see how someone not legitimately intersted in Wii U but got one for Zelda U would be upset to know he could have just gotten an NX than I would say you need to think about this a little longer.

But if someone wasn't interested in Wii U to begin with than why the hell did they buy one over a year before the only game they were interested in released? That literally means they had a useless $300 box sitting around their house for over a year.

June 2014 to March 2015 (less than a year) Zelda U was coming out in 2015. How is it a consumer problem exactly?

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:

You haven't read far enough yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but June 2014 (E3) through March 2015 people may have specifically bought Wii U for Zelda Wii U. Them getting f'd is the problem.

Again, those people still get to play the game and why would any person spend $300 on a device they didn't plan to use for 8-17 months? If u bought a console for one specific game that wasn't planned to be released for roughly a year, that's ur problem, not Nintendo's. 

bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:

Based on the premise of being cross-gen, they will still get the game. So?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

Again, those people still get to play the game and why would any person spend $300 on a device they didn't plan to use for 8-17 months? If u bought a console for one specific game that wasn't planned to be released for roughly a year, that's ur problem, not Nintendo's. 

So people being fooled into buying a product they didn't care for, for a game that will release on another platform is the peoples problem, lol. Sorry, you are wrong.

Yet again you are talking about Zelda, I'm talking about Nintendo hardware. Please stay focused.

Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

Based on the premise of being cross-gen, they will still get the game. So?

Fine, I'll cliffnote. People who got a Wii U for Zelda U will no longer have confidence in Nintendo's hardware if they find their purchase was wasted when they could have bought a NX. 

PerturbedKitty said:
Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

If it's released on NX too practically will be NX game too, especially if it's released in same time on NX and Wii U. Fact that is port will not change anything, people dont consider TP like GC game only, on contrary most people consider TP like Wii game because huge majority of people played game on Wii and game had much longer life on Wii, GC version was practically dead right after launch.

It's a game made from the ground to Wii U. It will always be a wii u game.

Like already wrote to you few times, just technically.  For intance most people consider TP like Wii game because huge majority of people played that game on Wii and game had much longer life on Wii, GC version was practically dead right after TP launched while Wii life just started.

what most people consider it is irrelevant. TP is a gamecube game that was ported to wii. it was built from the ground up for the gamecube. that is like saying if most people played ocarina of time on the gamecube then its a gamecube game. well, my answer would be the same.. no.. its a nintendo 64 game that was ported to the gamecube.

In this matter what people think is most relevant not what is actuall fact because those people actually spending money. Nobody said I dont want to buy TP Wii version because it's GC port and you have sales proves that.

Not same situation at all with Ocarina Of Time on GC because OoT released in 2003. on GC, thats 5 years after OoT launched on N64, isn't nearly same situation like making Zelda U cross launch on Wii U and NX, same like TP was launch on GC and Wii in same time.