By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

Yep, the Zelda fans who got a Wii U when it was announced for a 2015 release would not be angry. I am the single lone entity that would be upset. Lol.

U still get the game though, the Wii U version doesn't lose its value just because there is also an NX version. It's an unjustified complaint.

Except for they could have saved their money and got a NX. It's not like they'll be singing praises of getting to play the worse version of what they spent $360 for (console + game). 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

Yep, the Zelda fans who got a Wii U when it was announced for a 2015 release would not be angry. I am the single lone entity that would be upset. Lol.

U still get the game though, the Wii U version doesn't lose its value just because there is also an NX version. It's an unjustified complaint.

The Wii U loses its value because the the NX console launch will confirm that the Wii U is dead in the water. Zelda U is essentially the send off game. Nintendo likes to turn profit, so they will more than likely cut support to the Wii U cold turkey once the new console platform has launched.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zorg1000 said:

The Wii U loses its value because the the NX console launch will confirm that the Wii U is dead in the water. Zelda U is essentially the send off game. Nintendo likes to turn profit, so they will more than likely cut support to the Wii U cold turkey once the new console platform has launched.

Some people believed there was no other titles releasing for Wii U to be announced this year. Seems they were wrong.

bigtakilla said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It will be available on the NX. Thats most likely why the game was pushed back. The optimal version. Word is that the NX is 900p so Yeah, I think that will be the better version of the launch cross /platform exclusives.

It probably will be an NX title. If 2015 taught me anything is that Nintendo doesn't give a crap about a lot of things, lol.

Yep. This is th second time this gen I was about to shell out for a Wii U and Nintendo proved that their terrible decision making would cause me to hold my money (which later went to both Sony and Microsoft)

bigtakilla said:

Some people believed there was no other titles releasing for Wii U to be announced this year. Seems they were wrong.

Now that the rumors are showing that the NX is a two part device the DS is going to be replaced this year and the console will follow suit next year. The console is finished, but I dont think they want the handheld to cannibalize the sales of the console.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
bigtakilla said:

It probably will be an NX title. If 2015 taught me anything is that Nintendo doesn't give a crap about a lot of things, lol.

Yep. This is th second time this gen I was about to shell out for a Wii U and Nintendo proved that their terrible decision making would cause me to hold my money (which later went to both Sony and Microsoft)

^Boom y'all. The importance of customer satisfaction. 

*edit* and it goes beyond just him, look at Curl6's opinion of Nintendo steadily decline, or how Shokio's youtube page covers PS4 games frequently now. I'm getting a little fed up too. Nintendo may only be pissing off the very adamant fans, but if they get to a point where their sole reliance is based on people who don't really give a shit about Nintendo or their IP, that is when Nintendo is in real trouble.

bigtakilla said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

^Boom y'all. The importance of customer satisfaction. 

*edit* and it goes beyond just him, look at Curl6's opinion of Nintendo steadily decline, or how Shokio's youtube page covers PS4 games frequently now. I'm getting a little fed up too. Nintendo may only be pissing off the very adamant fans, but if they get to a point where their sole reliance is based on people who don't really give a shit about Nintendo or their IP, that is when Nintendo is in real trouble.

Exactly.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zorg1000 said:

We're not talking about Wii U, we're talking about Zelda U, the game doesn't lose its value by becoming a cross-gen release. Wii U owners don't have to upgrade to NX, they can simply still play the game on the console they own.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

Except for they could have saved their money and got a NX. It's not like they'll be singing praises of getting to play the worse version of what they spent $360 for (console + game). 

If u bought a Wii U for one specific game that was 1-2 years away from release than that's ur problem.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

If u bought a Wii U for one specific game that was 1-2 years away from release than that's ur problem.

Me? No,  but let's not pretend that people don't. TP taught me better, and notice how that's a negative statement as well as what you wrote. Seriously, take a minute and let that sink in.