By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Nintendo Game This Gen

RingoGaSuki said:
Fire Emblem: Fates by a loooooooong way. There's so much content in the game. Three separate storylines, all different from each other with different maps and mechanics. The huge total amount of characters (really a regular amount of characters of an FE game if you only play one side of the story) doesn't diminish any of the characters' personalities, they're all very well developed. It's an incredible package.

Awakening is 2nd for me, followed then by Bayonetta 2.

I have not played Fire Emblem Fates, it isn't out here yet. But I hope it does well.

Fire Emblem Awakening is my second favourite game after Xenoblade CX.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Luigi's Mansion 2.

I guess the most classical-styled Nintendo game Nintendo made this gen.

It would be ahead of A Link Between Worlds, then Super Mario 3D World, then Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D Land. Still haven't played Fire Emblem Awakening, fairly sure that would break my top 5. It's funny that none of these are even near my most played games. Also I imagine Zelda U will take the top spot in this very easily. This is excluding remakes obviously, otherwise Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and even Star Fox 3D and soon to be Twilight Princess, would beat everything (we'll see where Zelda U end up with remakes included).

Mario Kart 8 is probably the best Nintendo game of this gen.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Jumpin said:
Cream147 said:

"Small and repetitive" is one way of putting it, "fun and fast-paced" is another. The idea behind Splatoon and many of the greatest online multiplayer games is that you take a really simple set of mechanics, and perfect them. Then it's down to the player to find a way within those mechanics that they like to play. There's depth to be found if you want, but the game never forces you to bother with that - it can also just be simple fun. I liken the game to the excellent Rocket League in terms of how it creates short-form morish online multiplayer in this way. I imagine it's not everyone's cup of tea - X it ain't, that's for sure.

I wouldn't label it as fun after about an hour or so of play. 

Yeah, because as I said, I imagine it's not everyone's cup of tea. It doesn't have the obvious depth of a game like X. You're perhaps not the kind of person who likes to just sit in front of a TV and relax to a really easy-to-play turn-your-brain-off kind of game.

I'm guessing Mario Kart online isn't something you engage with too much either. Doesn't mean it isn't a lot of fun to a lot of people

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

I think ALTTP is the best game ever, and ALBW lived up to all of my god-tier expectations. A masterpiece that I will play for the rest of my life.

Hi