By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Nintendo Game This Gen

It's hard to choose, there were a lot of great games this gen. But I'd say Bayonetta 2, because it was the game that surprised me the most.

Around the Network

I don't lump handhelds and consoles together, so the best Nintendo game of this generation is Splatoon.

Best Nintendo game? Ugh, such a hard question! I bet people are tired of me saying this, but there are way too many good ones to pick from.... Maaaaybe Smash or Splatoon? But I can't deny some of the other great titles developed or published by Nintendo... @_@

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

So many great games, but if I had to pick,
3DS: Fire Emblem Awakening
Wii U: Splatoon

Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Around the Network

Kid Icarus Uprising is far and away my #1. Completely unique in almost every regard from storytelling to controls and even down to the way you select difficulty. Plus it's just plain fun.

After that, I really don't know. I guess I'd say Smash, but while it's a great experience, it's really just an expansion on Brawl. Not that I don't love it, but it didn't blow me away. Maybe Splatoon, Wonderful 101, or even Nintendoland.

That's the way this generation has been for me. There are a lot of games that I really enjoyed, but aside from Uprising, nothing that really blew me away, or would make it into my top 10 or 20 all time games.

WONDERFUL ONE O ONE

JWeinCom said:
Kid Icarus Uprising is far and away my #1. Completely unique in almost every regard from storytelling to controls and even down to the way you select difficulty. Plus it's just plain fun.

After that, I really don't know. I guess I'd say Smash, but while it's a great experience, it's really just an expansion on Brawl. Not that I don't love it, but it didn't blow me away. Maybe Splatoon, Wonderful 101, or even Nintendoland.

That's the way this generation has been for me. There are a lot of games that I really enjoyed, but aside from Uprising, nothing that really blew me away, or would make it into my top 10 or 20 all time games.

Loving to see this Kid Icarus praise.

Back in the day I thought I was the only one who enjoyed its innovations.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Super Mario 3D World. Easy.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Super Mario 3D World. Easy.

I expected your pick to be Pikmin 3. I'm surprised. xD

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won